Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2005, 21:46   #31
BHPian

definately the stock ecm will never handle the cam...
Old 29th April 2005, 21:49   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGT
definately the stock ecm will never handle the cam...
wonder what they trying to prove??
Old 30th April 2005, 10:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

i think i now this ikon it is of a fellow tbhp member. had contacted me once for an engine management. not too sure.
if what list you have put up is all set properly and he has a engine computer he is looking at a good 115 to 120 bhp.
Old 1st May 2005, 11:39   #34

hey shaz ikon

i am new on this site but i'm currntly working on a project which is turbocharging a city vtec

well firstly they will not affect ur cars reliability if done properly.
The best turbos u could go in for are the garrett t3 or t4 with a 45 or 50 compressor trim these are older turbos but they are cheaper than the new ones. As far as bov and wastegates are concerned the t3 is internally wastegated so money will be saved there,and any bov could be used

You will not need to change your ecu but u get piggyback ecus which you really dont need

tc is not as simple as it sounds along with the tc bov and intercooler you will require a racing clutch (full organic,cheap and works well) or you will burn out ur clutch,decompression forged aluminium pistons , head gasket, oil cooler,bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors ,fuel regulators , gauges ,much wider tyres , air filters etc.

it will take u around 2 weeks to complete the work....oh by the way i forgot you will need stainless steel exhaust and intake manifold designed for turbocharged engines so any manifold will not work.

it will aproximately cost you around 4.5 to 5.5 lac if u want a really good machine if u want the cost break up and all pm me or mail me
Old 1st May 2005, 12:26   #35
BHPian

4.5 5.5 lac????????????????????

man what are u trying to do brother...?
it doesnt take so much money to tc my friend......

i have already done 2 turbo setups and 3rd on its way...

for hondas u get bolt on kits for 150000... all brand new.. wroks really well..
Old 1st May 2005, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbs
hey shaz ikon

tc is not as simple as it sounds along with the tc bov and intercooler you will require a racing clutch (full organic,cheap and works well) or you will burn out ur clutch,decompression forged aluminium pistons , head gasket, oil cooler,bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors ,fuel regulators , gauges ,much wider tyres , air filters etc.
Turbs yeah i figured it out that i cannot hold on to my OEM set up but since there are so many variable parts involved and that too after market parts i am just wondering how will it keep up to the daily stress!!
Quote:
it will aproximately cost you around 4.5 to 5.5 lac if u want a really good machine if u want the cost break up and all pm me or mail me
man, you are talking of 5 lakhs, thats way too much man..
Old 1st May 2005, 15:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I know of 5.7 litre V8 Corvette engines that come for that price. Plonk one of those in a City rather than extract the living daylights outta that poor 1.5 engine

The turbo job of the 1.5 can be done for a little less than 2 lakhs, even if it means changing a few components. Sure its a VTEC, complicated as it is, but not terribly expensive to modify either.

Revv

Last edited by Revvmaster : 1st May 2005 at 19:21.
Old 1st May 2005, 17:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude turbs,
That is too damn expensive.4.5 lacs!!! Come to mumbai,you can get the same work done for around 2lacs here.
And yeah,pls post a cost break-up.Would be really interesting.

X
Old 1st May 2005, 17:53   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvmaster
I know of 5.7 litre V8 Corvette engines that come for that price. Plonk one of those in a City rather than extract the living daylights outta that poor 1.5 engine
Plonk a 5.7 litre V8 into the space meant for a 1.5 litre 4 pot? Plus, that 'vette engine is probably a cast iron block, being american...think of the weight.
Old 1st May 2005, 18:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Plonk a 5.7 litre V8 into the space meant for a 1.5 litre 4 pot? Plus, that 'vette engine is probably a cast iron block, being american...think of the weight.

and not to mention- the "vette's a rear wheel drive, as opposed to the front wheel layout of the city.....

but man, a 5.7 litre corvette for 5-6 lacs??? in india??? forget the fuel or the running costs- just pm me as to where i can get this baby, man- i'll buy it off the shelf, on the spot or whatever...!!!

but if you're referring to just the engine, it still don't matter- gimme the details, revvmaster- maybe i'll plonk the engine in a contessa and mod it to look like the 1967 mustang shelby, or the 70's hemi....

and yea man, 5 lacs for turbochrging..good heavens!! some dudes have got it done, here, in mumbai for under a lac- some 70 G's , i think. i have seen a turbocharged city and the dude got it done for under 50 G's!! he just replaced the exhaust manifolds, headers, intake manifolds, and added a secondhand garrett t25 ball-bearing turbo; which, by the way, seemed to work beautifully; and added a intercooler. but no clutches and stuff...

but even then, with a brand new turbo, the costs shouldn't go above 2 lacs if you do the mods all-out; including high compression pistons, rings, ported/polished heads, modded tappets, poppets, intakes, etc.....

Last edited by veyron1 : 1st May 2005 at 18:25.
Old 1st May 2005, 18:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yeah Revv - is that engine still for sale??? What vintage is it?

Dyou still want to plonk it into a Honda City?
Old 1st May 2005, 19:19   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the engine is available for around the 5 lakh mark. I did come across one for sale here a year ago. I doubt though if it is still available. I also came across one last year in Japan while in the process of purchasing a Celica for a friend. After duties it was still a good steal! Of-course, both the engines in the picture were used engines.

@ Steeroid - It was meant to be a joke. Yes, fitting in a 5.7L in a Honda City would be next to impossible. Its just that after reading member "turbs" quotation, it seemed to make "more" sense to fit the Vette engine. Lol.

@Veyron 1 - You have the ideal car to fit it in. The Contessa really is one car that can do with that engine. If it still manages to fit in that engine compartment. It is fellow mod-Aditya's dream engine in his Conti BTW.

Revv
Old 1st May 2005, 21:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

5 lacs turbs....get the figures again please. as fas as i know in bangalore the vtec which is tc is a fellow tbhp member. white car. 5 lacs you can get an evo6 engine with the works
Old 1st May 2005, 22:17   #44

dude the bolt ons that u get are for civics and not city even if u buy them u would have to throw away a lot of the parts

you could only use the turbo bov and intercooler .

by the way when you turbocharge you just dont fix the turbos and run it doesnt work that way

anyways the 4-5 lac is for a full race setup with all the works

a turbo+bov+intercooler would cost you 70k

but you would have to change many things to make the turbo worthwhile

the piping would cost around 50 k stainless steel

and gauges say 20 k

that works to around 1.5 thats what most of the guys give you

but if you really want to see the turbo in full song and reliable you gotta rebuild the engine that costs

Last edited by turbs : 1st May 2005 at 22:35.
Old 2nd May 2005, 11:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dude the bolt ons that u get are for civics and not city even if u buy them u would have to throw away a lot of the parts

you could only use the turbo bov and intercooler .

by the way when you turbocharge you just dont fix the turbos and run it doesnt work that way

anyways the 4-5 lac is for a full race setup with all the works

a turbo+bov+intercooler would cost you 70k

but you would have to change many things to make the turbo worthwhile

the piping would cost around 50 k stainless steel

and gauges say 20 k

that works to around 1.5 thats what most of the guys give you

but if you really want to see the turbo in full song and reliable you gotta rebuild the engine that costs
firstly,
we are not talking about a total race setup.
secondly,
we do get city kits..not necessary you have to buy a civic kit.

also you are saying that 1.5 for the turbo that leaves 3-3.5 lacs which you ned to build an engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for that price you can get a b18c type-r my friend.
please get your figures right and post relating to this topic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks