Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2005, 11:18   #46
BHPian

totally agree with iceman..... u do get kits for citys..... 3.5 lac to rebuid a motor... damn what u gonna put in there man....
Old 2nd May 2005, 12:50   #47
BANNED

Ohhh please talk sense we are not here to utter rubbish and things in the air. If you wanna speak logic then post otherwise please dont.

p.s no offence.
Old 2nd May 2005, 13:17   #48
Senior - BHPian

Moderator Note: Members are requested to get back to the original topic of discussion, i.e. Turbocharging a Ford Ikon 1.6.

Member Turbs: Kindly start a different thread explaining how the exercise of TCing a Honda City Vtec costs as much as you indicate.

Any further discussion off-topic from the main line of discussion will lead to locking of this thread
Old 7th May 2005, 07:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
5. any suggestions of some good experienced tuner in Bangalore where i can get this proj done?
-shaz
Rejoice mate, U are in luck....

www.rddreams.com is the answer...

my gut feeling says that NOBODY in India can do a better job than him....
Old 7th May 2005, 16:20   #50
Team-BHP Support

Doing all that and getting just 9bhp does not sound good to me.. I would prefer a stock VTEC, Baleno or a Palio instead of this car which would beat it in 0-100 acceleration times..!!
Old 18th September 2005, 11:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
hey montoya...sorry to shatter your dreams
that ikon cannot be more than 140 bhp!!! also if its a 75 bhp kit it does not mean the car has gone up by 75 bhp!!!!!!!!!
according to your calculations then my baleno is 230bhp!!! impossible...also gtech is one of the most unreliable devices to measure bhp.
also if you read the list 40% of the "mods" are cosmetic not power enhancing.
@ cali look at the weight issues of the skoda!! same reason why an e-zen is faster than a vtec!! also we were talking only of a chipped skoda...but if he has gone all out he too will be fast
sorry for bring up this thread again but i contacted the guys at n1 engineering and here is what they had to say(i sent them a link to this thread on team bhp)

Dear sir,

Thank you for your concerns about the IKON. As mentioned in one of the articles in the same thread, GTECH is not exactly accurate. You yourself cannot prove the power gained by these modifications without a dyno. We too cannot. What Gtech shows is what we can write. We don't have a dyno to test. As for the NOS one can go only upto 50hp on stock internals. The figures mentioned are for a 05130 NOS kit which is capable of producing 75hp but doesn't necessarily produce that much power.

hey montoya...sorry to shatter your dreams
that ikon cannot be more than 140 bhp!!! also if its a 75 bhp kit it does not mean the car has gone up by 75 bhp!!!!!!!!!
according to your calculations then my baleno is 230bhp!!! impossible...also gtech is one of the most unreliable devices to measure bhp.
also if you read the list 40% of the "mods" are cosmetic not power enhancing.
@ cali look at the weight issues of the skoda!! same reason why an e-zen is faster than a vtec!! also we were talking only of a chipped skoda...but if he has gone all out he too will be fast
Unquote

Source: Team-bhp

My friend has a Baleno engine zen. The Gtech shows 98hp on it(which is highly inaccurate). The car spins its wheels in 1st ,2nd and 3rd. Does a quarter mile in 15 seconds. Can you measure the power for us ?

We build cars as per the customer's requirements and budget. The body work is all metal and hence adding a lot of weight as compared to the stock. As far as the Ikon goes, a satisfied customer is what matters to us and we have achieved that.

Thank you for notifying us about the feedback section.

regards,
N1 Racing Equipment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks