Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 16:55   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT_FPV View Post
but I've found that the Fiesta is really what comes to be a good driver's car here in India.. even the Civic or the Accord don't do justice to their engines..

People here talk about bhp and torque, etc.. but the real element of speed comes from the feedback offered by the car to the driver and the element of speed that you feel from the driver's seat.. honestly, I think a Mini Cooper is more fun to drive than the latest Accord V6..
Give the man a Spot on! A more powerful car is not necessarily more fun to drive too. It also depends on the driving experience, steering, handling, braking, the feel of the car etc.

Quote:
I've gone one step further and done a superchip for my car.
What's the claimed power increase?

Quote:
Hey JK.. I was thinking about Kit Up, but in Chennai, I've got my car done at Hi Rev. He does the same job as Kit Up and has a really awesome garage.
Why would you want a body kit when performance is so important to you? Body kits will bring in the wows, but can negatively affect high speed stability. Not to mention, the unnecessary weight!

Quote:
I saw the 1.6s Petefied thread. The car looks good, but I'm really looking for performance on acceleration rather than stopping power and cornering abilities.

I already have a superchip, FFE, Cold Air induction. I'm thinking of a turbo charger in the next 6-8 months.
I think you need to pay a visit to Speedworks or Kamlesh Patel @ Electra Performance. Look up his contact details in our Tuner Database. Also do well by PM'ing "Sideways". He & JD Madan, between the two of them, own the hottest Lancers in India.

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2009 at 16:56.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2009, 11:44   #17
BHPian

I think you need to pay a visit to Speedworks or Kamlesh Patel @ Electra Performance. Look up his contact details in our Tuner Database. Also do well by PM'ing "Sideways". He & JD Madan, between the two of them, own the hottest Lancers in India.[/quote]

I called Electra.. they do the mods, but don't seem very friendly.. and I've found that Hi Rev does a better job. Hi Rev is a new place, but a bigger garage and better options. The owner has a Honda City which will put many other cars into oblivion. The city has a double turbo with all the bells and whistles and can easily pull in excess of 350 HP. It's a 2nd gen city..

The place is currently the hottest in Chennai. I've seen Merc SLKs, BMW M5s, Audi RSs, etc that undergo extensive power mods. In fact, Hi Rev did the only lancer customization in the world (that I know), where a Porsche 911 gearbox is mated to an Evo engine in the lancer..
Old 4th April 2009, 11:48   #18
BHPian

The power increase is at least by 30 horses. I still have yet to run it on a dyno to get the exact power after all this work is done. I reckoned that I would be better off surprised.

I liked your comment on the body kit. True performance enthusiasts know that having a stock car with real performance always has the kicks rather than a stickered, body kitted car with a stock engine and exhaust..
Old 4th April 2009, 13:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact, Hi Rev did the only lancer customization in the world (that I know), where a Porsche 911 gearbox is mated to an Evo engine in the lancer..
Hmmm...well that is unique for sure. Any more details?
Old 4th April 2009, 19:43   #20
BHPian

hey ! this is intersting.. who own hi-rev? if you could share details of hi - rev it would be great.

phil
Old 4th April 2009, 20:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Have you seen it? sounds like a urban legend
Doesnt make sense in any way. If you get details, please start anew thread
Quote:
In fact, Hi Rev did the only lancer customization in the world (that I know), where a Porsche 911 gearbox is mated to an Evo engine in the lancer..
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Hmmm...well that is unique for sure. Any more details?
Old 4th April 2009, 21:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys,

thanks for your replies.. I saw the thread on 1.6s petefied.. I really don't want to replace the springs since the Indian roads don't really have the curves that would emphasize the need for custom springs. I have a set of Koni adjustables lying in a garage of my friend.. but I don't need that at the moment..

Mine's a silver 1.6 petrol.. what I'm looking for is really projector headlamps and some exterior mods.. I've got as far as I can for performance at the moment.. but I do have a turbo charger at the back of my mind..

I'll post the pics of my ride soon...
Hi,
I didnt change the springs.You can change the dampers,i dont have any problems on roads.
30bhp thats great but what about the handling?I suggest change the dampers and the feel will be totally different.

Last edited by jerish666 : 4th April 2009 at 21:22.
Old 5th April 2009, 06:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji View Post
i have an 88 Ford Fiesta xr2 1.6L hatchback. its an UK model and of course its so much different from our indian fiesta. its modified with twin weber DCNF's, FFE, KENT cam, Koni shocks, SPAX springs, K&N's, Yokohama tyres, MOMO strng. the only problem is it doesnt have pwr strng & AC. excellent handling & fun to drive. i always dream of having a modified zetec or a duratec in it !!!!!!!
Beautiful! Please start a new thread on this. It deserves a better place than being in a thread about cosmetic beautification. Kent, spax and Weber bring back memories for me!
Old 5th April 2009, 08:34   #24
BANNED

http://www.cosworth.com/index.php

Quote:

The power increase is at least by 30 horses. I still have yet to run it on a dyno to get the exact power after all this work is done. I reckoned that I would be better off surprised.

I liked your comment on the body kit. True performance enthusiasts know that having a stock car with real performance always has the kicks rather than a stickered, body kitted car with a stock engine and exhaust..
hi
check this they have many engine part for fords
is better to modify the engine rather than install turbo
Cosworth
regards
narry
Old 5th April 2009, 14:20   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Have you seen it? sounds like a urban legend
Doesnt make sense in any way. If you get details, please start anew thread
I've seen the car.. touched it.. heard the sound.. saw the 911 gearbox. Not an urban legend, it's very much running in Chennai. No body kits, just simple alloys, Koni adjustables.

Awesome sounding and performing car.
Old 5th April 2009, 14:22   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
hey ! this is intersting.. who own hi-rev? if you could share details of hi - rev it would be great.

phil
Hi Phil. Hi Rev is located in Chennai. They have a website (albeit with not too many details). You can visit them at Welcome to HI - REV Automotives - Home Page
Old 5th April 2009, 14:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Hi,
I didnt change the springs.You can change the dampers,i dont have any problems on roads.
30bhp thats great but what about the handling?I suggest change the dampers and the feel will be totally different.
Hi Jerish,

I saw your ride. Pretty sweet. But my line of thinking is that the stock dampers and springs do their job pretty well. I want to get the performance bits out of my way first and then I can start thinking about handling.

I don't want go big bang and do everything at the same time, because I'm sure I'll get bored of my car pretty soon. So I try to space it so that I get one mod done every 3 months and it keeps me anticipating for the next 3.

Your suggestion for dampers is noted and appreciated. I guess I will get that done next time I do something to my car.

I'll be posting pics of my car today.. so lemme know of your comments.
Old 5th April 2009, 14:29   #28
BHPian

Guys,

Have just upgraded my ICE. Now it has a Pioneer HU, Polk Components at front, Polk at rear, 2 Polk Momo 12 Inch subs, 1 JVC 2 Channel 1200W amp for the subs, JBL 2 channel for the front polks.

I'll post pics soon. Moulding, sound dampening is pending.

I really am desperate for ideas on projector headlamps for the Fiesta.

Any suggestions on where to get them will make me indebted to you for life!
Old 5th April 2009, 17:31   #29
BHPian

Body kit for Fiesta 1.6 SXi

Hi,

Would anybody know whether the body kit that comes on Fiesta 1.6S would fit the Fiesta 1.6 SXi. Moreiver, is Fiesta 1.6S' body kit available as an after market accessory?

Regards

Jaskirat
Old 5th April 2009, 18:56   #30
BHPian

It will fit, should be available from Ford. Not sure though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks