Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2005, 22:47   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboindia
Viper - It is only for ECU controlled turbo diesel cars.
Leads me to believe that the small unit mechanism has something to do with causing a delay in the opening of the waste gate valve of the Turbo which assists in higher power output figures...
Old 24th August 2005, 11:00   #77
BANNED

Hey Turbo,

Its good news that there are custom chips available for petrol cars being brought down by you. However from what I am given to understand (please correct me if I am wrong) that these are onyl for the European cars which other than the Skodas are just a handful. Why dont you get something that can be used by the japanese/korean car owners which are the majority of the people who end up modifying their cars.

Would love to see something for the Hondas, Mitsubishis,Suzukis, Hyundai, Toyota.

Viper
Old 24th August 2005, 12:15   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
hey Peter,

Dont u think of having a demo car in one of the metro with the tuning box......n then some of us can test drive n post comments

Call the dealer. he will arrange a demo for you.
Old 24th August 2005, 12:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Leads me to believe that the small unit mechanism has something to do with causing a delay in the opening of the waste gate valve of the Turbo which assists in higher power output figures...
No, that is not how the tuning box works. It does not in any way increase the boost pressure. only the fuel mapa are changed
Old 24th August 2005, 12:31   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Turbo,

Its good news that there are custom chips available for petrol cars being brought down by you. However from what I am given to understand (please correct me if I am wrong) that these are onyl for the European cars which other than the Skodas are just a handful. Why dont you get something that can be used by the japanese/korean car owners which are the majority of the people who end up modifying their cars.

Would love to see something for the Hondas, Mitsubishis,Suzukis, Hyundai, Toyota.

Viper
We are in the process of working out something for the JAP cars but the difference you get by remapping a non-turbo car is negligible when compared to the turbo charged cars.
Old 30th August 2005, 11:51   #81
BHPian

hey PETER, and all out here,

i have a Tucson, and Peter has arranged for a demo for me in next week, but something that i want to find out now is does the Tuning box increase the initial pickup also?

coz my Tucson, has great upper end power, once it takes off,, it zooms!, but the problem here is, like all hyundai crdi vehilcles, the Tuc suffers from the takeoff boost! there is a pickup lag while going 0-60, and ocne u crossed 60, 60-100 is in no time!
Old 31st August 2005, 09:42   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil

i have a Tucson, and Peter has arranged for a demo for me in next week, but something that i want to find out now is does the Tuning box increase the initial pickup also?

coz my Tucson, has great upper end power, once it takes off,, it zooms!, but the problem here is, like all hyundai crdi vehilcles, the Tuc suffers from the takeoff boost! there is a pickup lag while going 0-60, and ocne u crossed 60, 60-100 is in no time!
Your car probably suffers from turbo lag like several other diesel turbo engines in India. I think the tunning box will set things right for you, do give us a few with figures if possible once you test it. Enjoy the drive
Old 31st August 2005, 09:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil

Hey Good Morning.

My guy is in hyderabad by noon. You'll get your test drive soon after that. Your problem will be solved. the tucson handles the PTB real well,

HAVE FUN
Old 31st August 2005, 11:16   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Good Morning.

My guy is in hyderabad by noon. You'll get your test drive soon after that. Your problem will be solved. the tucson handles the PTB real well,

HAVE FUN

hey dude

nandeep plans to go and pick him up today, might just go along with him.

will call you up later

take care

aditya
Old 31st August 2005, 16:15   #85
BHPian

The latest news guys is that NANDEEP, aadix's friend has been appointed the dealer for Hyderabad for the tuning boxes, He is inturn tied up with both Elegant Car Needs and Pit Stop. So all you Hyderabad guys, Welcome to Pete's. Nandip's number - 9885484282

THX
Old 31st August 2005, 17:28   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Peter...saw the AD for the new tuning boxes for petrol cars in the latest edition of CAR magazine. Anxious to know how this custom-code box works. Would be great if you could give us some details in the near future about the product. Performance boost? FE Boost/Reduction? And which cars is it compatible on? Thnx.
Old 31st August 2005, 19:06   #87
BHPian

These are not boxes but remaps. We basically just change the software on the ECU. Sounds easy but takes a lot of brain to do it right. The Custom Code remaps are one of the best in the world for all VAG cars. Presently we can do the RS, Superb, OCtavia 2.0L Petrol and also the 1.9TD for the few who really want a lot more from their rides.

On the RS expect the car to be 200 BHP after the remap. Be tuned in there is a lot of good news coming in the next few weeks.
Old 31st August 2005, 21:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The latest news guys is that NANDEEP, aadix's friend has been appointed the dealer for Hyderabad for the tuning boxes, He is inturn tied up with both Elegant Car Needs and Pit Stop. So all you Hyderabad guys, Welcome to Pete's. Nandip's number - 9885484282

THX

hey guys!

an tuning box was fitted to nandeep's car today,was the passenger in the test rides which nandeep gave today.

i can just say one thing after the rides : peter bro , u better start marketing speed breaking products too!

coz the accent was really flying!!

insane u gonna have the time of your life tomo!

ps: trinada , before u pounce on nandeep for not telling u abt it, call me once!

Last edited by aadix : 31st August 2005 at 21:23.
Old 31st August 2005, 23:24   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Peter - You should get some tuning boxes for car otherthan germans also. Japanese cars are make up a large number of our market.
Old 1st September 2005, 09:43   #90
BHPian

Quote:
On the RS expect the car to be 200 BHP after the remap. Be tuned in there is a lot of good news coming in the next few weeks.
Did yu do a Remap on your RS?.Saw your RS on the AD in AutoCar!!!The Front really looks the part.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks