Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Check this out:

A must watch for someone who wants to turbo a baleno

Old 17th May 2009, 17:21   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
I have had a big bore engine. Ran for 4 years! Other than that I know 8 other guys running it even today. That says it all...
You had bad luck and your tuner messed up...
Hhhhmmm I have heard stories about how your big bore blew up and you decided to scrap the whole thing and go back to a 1600? Or is it a mere heresay? 8 more baleno's in India? Amit, how about inviting a few of them to our next drive? Would love to see them in action.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 17th May 2009 at 17:23.
Old 17th May 2009, 17:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

2000 means it could be an SGP one isnt it.good going buddie.First finish off the preliminary standard ones of yours.CAI,filter,plugs,plug wires,etc.Finalise between the turbo or the swap or enhancement regarding the engine.
ram
Old 17th May 2009, 17:34   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
2000 means it could be an SGP one isnt it.good going buddie.First finish off the preliminary standard ones of yours.CAI,filter,plugs,plug wires,etc.Finalise between the turbo or the swap or enhancement regarding the engine.
ram
Yea will do that first and it should take about a week to get these done. So during that time i can pick up the other stuff also.

The cars i've said have done 70k kms? Is there anything i have to worry about? Anyway ill be rebuilding the engine, still is there anything i should look for?
Old 17th May 2009, 17:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

yes its all gone to be done again ,still check the suspension and the body panels for any major accidents or corrosion.And ensure that all electricals are ok.70 K running is not an issue at all for that matter,
ram
Old 18th May 2009, 10:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Karthik,
Buying an older car make sure the all the joints/bushes/mounts/bearings etc. have been replaced if not all the best replacng them(will cost you a bit for SGP, trust me I know I got them all done 6 months ago.) The first thing you need to do when modding the car.

Rahul, The first Big bore done in my car in 04 blew after that I still had a new big bore. These other cars are around the country (2 in town) and would not come for these drives.

Last edited by iceman91 : 18th May 2009 at 10:34.
Old 18th May 2009, 13:22   #67
BHPian

Yes an older car would require a lot of work on the mechanical parts. You best bet is to buy the latest model that you can afford.

Anything run a lot will need some attention to suspension components and body. You best bet is to get a car which has a good engine and then mod it. You dont have to worry about new pistons, ring, rods and a rebore. Just do NA mods on a good engine and you should be good to go.

Now I am amazed at the deals you are finding, kinda of like too good to be true. Have prices come down so much? Please let us know how you are finding these cars.
Old 18th May 2009, 16:07   #68
BHPian

what about better tyres and bling alloys? Do they come under that 50K intended for cosmetic mods. How about custom paint job, HIDs..
Oh and you would need decent audio setup as well if not expensive.
Old 18th May 2009, 16:36   #69
BHPian

I do hope you have a good paint job in mind, Karthik. Like the one you had on your Swift.
Old 18th May 2009, 19:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

As he mentioned no cosmetic mods i think this is going to be a sleeper. Hopefully you get good alloys though.
Old 18th May 2009, 20:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Karthik congrads on your find. How about some pics of the find?

I suggest if you have the budget, find a good place to do a Engine Rebore + TC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
I have had a big bore engine. Ran for 4 years! Other than that I know 8 other guys running it even today. That says it all...
You had bad luck and your tuner messed up...
Eh? dont you guys go to the same tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
The cars i've said have done 70k kms? Is there anything i have to worry about? Anyway ill be rebuilding the engine, still is there anything i should look for?
Worry about what every has been mentioned on this page. However since you are anyway going to do a rebuild, most of the parts mentioned will have to be changed anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post

Now I am amazed at the deals you are finding, kinda of like too good to be true. Have prices come down so much? Please let us know how you are finding these cars.
Mohit, like I said on another thread. I regret buying my car when I did. Actually I wish the Baleno went off the shelf long time back.

Yes, These are the rates now. Just check online and even through local classifieds/free ads. Prices for used Balenos have dropped.

Mainly uncles and aunties selling them off, who want a 'newer' model car.
Old 18th May 2009, 23:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

So have you decided on the car buddie,make it fast,lolz.The other works need time isnt it.Anyways i hope to see a hotrod in a months time,As srijit said hope to see a cool shade on this one like the swift.
ram
Old 19th May 2009, 01:35   #73
Senior - BHPian

I have found the cars but haven't bought them yet.. And yes, everyone seems surprised at these prices. They are the prices quoted which can be further negotiated

BTW, i did say im getting a Baleno but spoke with another guy today which got me back to where i started.. Now don't flame me guys, but how about getting a 98' Civic and plonking a B16 into it and MAYBE add a turbo IF required?? All under 5-6L. Not considering this option too much, just a thought.
Old 19th May 2009, 01:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
,As srijit said hope to see a cool shade on this one like the swift.
ram
Arrey, you know me... Ive already got that covered. I like cars to look good too
Old 19th May 2009, 02:11   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What boost can you run daily on a Baleno with stock internals? What are the turbo balenos running?
Seen one running 1 bar with stock internals, and a couple of others running 10 psi.

Quote:
Binz (hardcore baleno fan, perfect example of student modding, very sensible fast reliable car).
If everyone could be like binz, life would be so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Amit, how many of them have had a reliable overbored baleno in India?
Well, I know one car for a fact. It's still running a larger bore, daily drive, highway cruiser, the usual stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
I have found the cars but haven't bought them yet.. And yes, everyone seems surprised at these prices. They are the prices quoted which can be further negotiated

BTW, i did say im getting a Baleno but spoke with another guy today which got me back to where i started.. Now don't flame me guys, but how about getting a 98' Civic and plonking a B16 into it and MAYBE add a turbo IF required?? All under 5-6L. Not considering this option too much, just a thought.
Go for the Baleno. Civic will turn out to be expensive -- cost of the B16 + rebuild + turbo + labour for swap + labour for turbo. Also spares may not be easily available. Baleno is best.

Most Viewed