Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2009, 16:13   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_for_speed View Post
Hey Guys this is my Double Carb SUZUKI 1300 TWIN CAM ZEN!!! with free flow Headers and a lovely end can in the bumper!!!
hey nfs which carbs are those that ur using ?
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan suleman View Post
hey nfs which carbs are those that ur using ?
MIKUNI 1.3 ESTEEM CARBS
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:18   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Good job Mr NFS, from where did you source engine?? and whats the output??
The Engine was sourced from malaysia, its putting an output of around 110 BHP, done 200km/hr and a qaurter mile in 15.405 seconds.
I still have the EFI with me, but prefer carb.

Last edited by need_for_speed : 23rd August 2009 at 23:20.
Old 24th August 2009, 00:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
The Engine was sourced from malaysia, its putting an output of around 110 BHP, done 200km/hr and a qaurter mile in 15.405 seconds.
I still have the EFI with me, but prefer carb.

Did u have any issues with both the carbs touching each other? coz i am planning to do the same but after calculating measurements both are touching, i have a 16v mpfi esteem engine g13b, also is that 110 bhp at the wheel? have you taken the car on the dyno ?
Old 24th August 2009, 08:18   #80
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I don't understand the logic behind running EFI engines on carbs *scratching my head*....
Old 24th August 2009, 09:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I don't understand the logic behind running EFI engines on carbs *scratching my head*....
Not everyone is comfortable with FI and tuning FI [with standalone].So they [tuners] take the rout they are comfortable with.
Till people understand that FI tuning easy [easier] compared to tuning a carb, you'll see this.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:04   #82
BHPian

Quote:

well i am not sure why others are using carb on efi engine but my logic is that since my car was originally carb and the engine were plonking are 2nd hand efi engines, we can overhaul the complete engine, but electronics is something that can go bust anytime, specially 2nd hand as, one dosent know how its been used,, so it comes down to reliability and the fear of being stranded in the middle of the night in case of a electronics failure.

we can use the injectors, throttle body, intake manifold manifold, but ecm and wiring is the point of concern that i have, ecm & wiring can be checked as ell but kya kare dil nahi maanta.
Old 24th August 2009, 12:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Did u have any issues with both the carbs touching each other? coz i am planning to do the same but after calculating measurements both are touching, i have a 16v mpfi esteem engine g13b, also is that 110 bhp at the wheel? have you taken the car on the dyno ?
The Carbs do touch, so i have modded the carbs a little, i have removed the secondry actuator, instead going to place a spring. You can look at that in the pic, if ur not able to see do let me know and i shall place a more clear one.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:34   #84
BHPian

Mr. NFS, other than the engine swap what all things have you done on your car? such as Brakes, Suspension..
Old 24th August 2009, 23:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
The Carbs do touch, so i have modded the carbs a little, i have removed the secondry actuator, instead going to place a spring. You can look at that in the pic, if ur not able to see do let me know and i shall place a more clear one.

yes i would appreciate it if you can put up a pic of a closer look, how long ago have u done the swap, what is the FE that you get from the car in the city with ac without ac and on the highways ?
Old 25th August 2009, 23:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Mr. NFS, other than the engine swap what all things have you done on your car? such as Brakes, Suspension..
1. Esteem Type II front brakes(Ventilated discs, Rotors)
2. MONROE GAS SHOCKS for all four wheels
3. ZEN Diesel MGP Springs for front as they are an inch extra in height.
4. Rubber spacers at the rear( 1.5 inches)
5. Nitrogen Air filled in all tyres
6. Right Side Engine Bed Altered
7. R134 Air Condition
8. Close Gear Ratio by changing the final drive to Maruti 1000
9. Upsize Tyres (155/65/R13)
10.Custom Headers 4x2x1
11.Magnaflow End Can

Quote:
yes i would appreciate it if you can put up a pic of a closer look, how long ago have u done the swap, what is the FE that you get from the car in the city with ac without ac and on the highways ?
The Swap was finished on 20th Aug(a few days back)
Its giving a mileage of 10 in city with A/c
Highways 12 with A/c
Not yet driven without air conditioned

Quote:
The Logic behind carbs is that u can attain the best tuning as long as u know how to tune. which i do, coz i am working on carbs since i was 10 years old(at a very low cost as well)

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th August 2009 at 01:06. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 26th August 2009, 02:11   #87
BHPian

Quote:
1. Esteem Type II front brakes(Ventilated discs, Rotors)
2. MONROE GAS SHOCKS for all four wheels
3. ZEN Diesel MGP Springs for front as they are an inch extra in height.
4. Rubber spacers at the rear( 1.5 inches)
5. Nitrogen Air filled in all tyres
6. Right Side Engine Bed Altered
7. R134 Air Condition
8. Close Gear Ratio by changing the final drive to Maruti 1000
9. Upsize Tyres (155/65/R13)
10.Custom Headers 4x2x1
11.Magnaflow End Can

The Swap was finished on 20th Aug(a few days back)
Its giving a mileage of 10 in city with A/c
Highways 12 with A/c
Not yet driven without air conditioned

The Logic behind carbs is that u can attain the best tuning as long as u know how to tune. which i do, coz i am working on carbs since i was 10 years old(at a very low cost as well)
i would like to know a few more things:

1.did the brake upgrade fit in directly, because i had heard that another ezen done up recently with my tuner had tried the same thing for the front brakes, i.e type 2 veltilated disc but it didnt fit at all, was the brake booster changed as well ? wat all parts do you need to change precisely to get the convert? also how does the braking feel at high speeds as compared to the zen brakes ?

2.did u just buy the engine and plonl it in or did you overhaul the engine as well ?

3. did u cut the chassis for the engine to fit ?

4. what exactly was done to the gear ratios? did u work on the zen g/box or esteem or the twin cam b/box ?

thanks,

zee
Old 26th August 2009, 02:29   #88
BANNED

@NFS : Also could you please point whether the knuckles or hub of zen needs to be changed for brakes swap.

Regards
Old 26th August 2009, 16:49   #89
BHPian

Quote:
i would like to know a few more things:

1.did the brake upgrade fit in directly, because i had heard that another ezen done up recently with my tuner had tried the same thing for the front brakes, i.e type 2 veltilated disc but it didnt fit at all, was the brake booster changed as well ? wat all parts do you need to change precisely to get the convert? also how does the braking feel at high speeds as compared to the zen brakes ?

2.did u just buy the engine and plonl it in or did you overhaul the engine as well ?

3. did u cut the chassis for the engine to fit ?

4. what exactly was done to the gear ratios? did u work on the zen g/box or esteem or the twin cam b/box ?

thanks,

zee
1. To fix the disc you need to change your knuckles and hub as well. I used the Zen Diesel Knuckle and Hub because that was a perfect fit for my car with the esteem type II disc. I changed the booster during the engine swap. Only after changing the booster could i realise the difference in braking, till then it was worthless.

2. I thought of jus plonking the engine at first, but then changed my mind overhaul for the same pistons, just changed the rings and sleeve, in case this did not workout i had high compression pistons of 0.25 oversize ready, but with god's grace it worked out well.

3. No I have not cut the chasis for the engine to fit, the zen and the esteem engine bay are of the same size, so i had no trouble with that, as i mentioned earlier i had to alter only one engine bed, the one next to right side headlight.

4. I used the Zen Gear Box as i had sold the GT Gear box, but changed the Zen Final Drive in the box to Maruti 1000 Final Drive. Zen Gear Box's Final Drive has 75 teeth whereas Maruti 1000 has 78 teeth, therefore it gives me a better ratio.

Welcome
Old 26th August 2009, 16:53   #90
BHPian

Closer View for the carb Setup

Let me know if you want any more clarifications
Attached Thumbnails
Zen prep for hi-performance street driving-cimg1428.jpg  

Zen prep for hi-performance street driving-cimg1429.jpg  

Zen prep for hi-performance street driving-cimg1430.jpg  

Zen prep for hi-performance street driving-cimg1431.jpg  

Zen prep for hi-performance street driving-cimg1434.jpg  

Most Viewed