Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 21:00   #31
BHPian

AbhiJ-how much did it cost you????
Old 22nd July 2009, 14:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
For all those in the Delhi NCR region, you have a similar alternative.

Not someone who would come home and do it, but it is done at a mall.

There is a car washing service done at Ambience Mall Gurgaon. So they clean your car while you shop. The rates are as follows

1. External Cleaning: Rs 175 (Includes washing, shampooing, waxing, tyre shining, wheel cleaning)

2. External and Interior: Rs 750
(Includes all the above + interior upholstery cleaning, waxing, vaccuming etc)

It is done by a private company in the nasement of the mall (basement 2). You can see them, they wear yellow uniforms and is completely done by ladies. And very professional
Its basically a NGO.

I got it done around 45 days back.They charged me 400 for my Innova and its true VFM.They might have increased the rates now.
They had 3-4 options for cleaning ranging from 175 to 500.
Their rates used to be same irrespective of the car.
The biggest advantage is that they make your car shine while you are watching a movie .

Although as compared to other professionals who take 3-4 hours for the entire job(might be better) they take around 1.5 hours.
I might be going there in a day or two and i'll post the brochure here.

I have used their service and they do a good job.
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
Picking from the Car Detailing thread posted by Ravi Bhat. I am yet to explore this option though:
I tried calling the cell mentioned in this post - but its not valid anymore. Any inputs on this from anyone in Bangalore?
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:31   #34
BHPian

For all those in NCR here are the details of the Mall car cleaning :
1.Silver Rs.175
Car Washed (With shampoo),hand dried,car exterior polished.

2.Platinum Rs.400
Car Washed (With shampoo),hand dried,car exterior polished,
interiors vacuumed,floor mats cleaned,all interior and exterior plastic
polished,tyres dressed.

3.Premium Rs.650
Car Washed (With shampoo),hand dried,car exterior polished,interiors
vacuumed- upholstery wet cleaned(shampoo),floor mats wet cleaned
(shampoo) ,all interior and exterior plastic polished,tyres dressed.

For queries and doorstep service( i don't know if the charges are different) call :

You can also get to know a little bit more here :

:: Das Charitable Foundation :: - UTHTHAN

The Organisation is an NGO called Uththan.
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

k2max6, their tariffs are totally Value for money but how is the service and why do you call it Mall car cleaning?

Moreover, any information on the brands they use.
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:34   #36
abs
BHPian

Car Care Services @ Chennai - My experience

I entered into a contract with Vinayaka Car Accessories, West Mambalam, Chennai - 9841063508 under the following terms 3 years back.

At-home Car Polishing Service?-img_3475.jpg

At-home Car Polishing Service?-img_3476.jpg

Currently I have finished about 8 of the services.

2 guys come with an industrial vacuum cleaner and buffing machine and take about 1.5 - 2 hours to do the job. I am very satisfied for the service once they fix an appointment and keep it. The current problem is that they dont keep up the appointment since they have a high turnover of staff. I have also had an issue with some staff flicking change and small tools i had in the car while cleaning on a couple of occasions.

Have changed two cars since entering the contract (small car - 2k for Premier Padmini) and since the current car is a Xylo, for the last service, they said the service will be treated as 2 completed services to match the rate difference for the change of car (they have also raised the tariff now).

Please feel free to PM me for further information.
Old 25th July 2009, 00:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys.

I used the service a week back. It is irrespective iof the car. I paid 175 and it was a really class job. It is done by an NGO and they have very good equipment as well and the polish, shampoo etc are all very good, premium brands.
Old 1st August 2009, 22:35   #38
BHPian

I Got a text on my phone saying "Car wash at your door step, buy 2 washes for just Rs.400 and get 1 wash free" From Srujana health solutions Bangalore.

I also found a brochure of the same company tucked to the wiper blades which had detailed info about this company, If i can remember correctly they bring home their own equipments, clean the car internally and externally, waxing, tire polishing and the usual stuff. All they require is a water hose and electricity to run their equipments.

Has anyone tried such "Car wash at your door step" companies?
Is it worth giving it a shot? I mean Rs.400 For 3 washes is pretty good.
Old 1st August 2009, 23:05   #39
BHPian

Car wash at your Door companies

Please be careful before deploying people to do waxing etc,

IMHO, waxing and detailing should be done by experienced professionals, otherwise, we might end up with swirl marks and scratches all over.

Some of these companies use unbranded car care solutions in branded cans/bottles to show off that they use branded carcare materials.

I have a friend, whose SX4 body paint is completed spoiled by a similar company in Chennai.

Atleast, be with these guys while doing the washing etc, if you have sufficient time in hand.
Old 1st August 2009, 23:14   #40
BHPian

Akshay,
Can you share their contact number and which part of bangalore you stay, I mean north/east/south/west. This is too understand which area they serve because they have kept a brochure also.
Old 1st August 2009, 23:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
I Got a text on my phone saying "Car wash at your door step, buy 2 washes for just Rs.400 and get 1 wash free" From Srujana health solutions Bangalore.

I also found a brochure of the same company tucked to the wiper blades which had detailed info about this company, If i can remember correctly they bring home their own equipments, clean the car internally and externally, waxing, tire polishing and the usual stuff. All they require is a water hose and electricity to run their equipments.

Has anyone tried such "Car wash at your door step" companies?
Is it worth giving it a shot? I mean Rs.400 For 3 washes is pretty good.
Please share contact details. Rs.400/- is quite cheap, but need to be wary that they should not spoil the paint or anything.
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:15   #42
Senior - BHPian

guys please dont be fooled by cheap and low price for a car polish!

people who this kind of job doesnt know what polish actually means!

its correct that they carry different assortments of so called imported polishes with them and can actually spoil your car's paint work instead of making it better!

some people just apply a quick and shiny liquid chemical which makes your car shine for a week and it just wears off after that!

please treat your car and bike like the way you treat yourself! you go to the best doctor to get medication, so do the same with your car, always take it to the best mechanic and best polishing job!

Stick to 3M, Meguiar's, Turtle wax, waxoyle, etc.

a good professional detailing and valeting of your car will not cost less then 1500-2000 rs!
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:10   #43
BHPian

I was just checking out korea sunshine website, it's really a very ill made website with numerous mistakes. While checking out this page :Korea Sunshine : Contact Us

Esteem was spelled : Esteen
Dzire was spelled : desier
Elantra : Elentra
Ikon was Icon
the list goes long with pejaro, endrower and WALLSWAGON.

With so many silly spelling mistakes and such website I seriously doubt their work quality and commitment.
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Akshay,
Can you share their contact number and which part of bangalore you stay, I mean north/east/south/west. This is too understand which area they serve because they have kept a brochure also.
I stay in Vijaynagar, Very close to mysore road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Please be careful before deploying people to do waxing etc,

IMHO, waxing and detailing should be done by experienced professionals, otherwise, we might end up with swirl marks and scratches all over.

Some of these companies use unbranded car care solutions in branded cans/bottles to show off that they use branded carcare materials.

I have a friend, whose SX4 body paint is completed spoiled by a similar company in Chennai.

Atleast, be with these guys while doing the washing etc, if you have sufficient time in hand.
I'll make sure i check the products myself before letting them use on my car

Anyway, I called up srujana health solutions to inquire about the procedure and all they do is exterior wash, tire polish, Cabin vacuuming/cleaning and cabin polishing. No external polishing. How about giving them your own wax and tip them to use it on your car?

Anyway here's the contact number:
srujana health solutions :+919663395281

Last edited by akshay_b : 2nd August 2009 at 14:15.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:47   #45
BHPian

UPDATE: The at-home-car-wash guys came over and did a not-so-bad job, Nothing was extraordinary.
They vacuum cleaned the interiors, sprayed water with a pipe, the main guy gave an excuse saying his water jet sprayer was taken by another team.
Shampoo washed the car without taking off the dust with plain water and a sponge. Dried the car with pieces of cloth, Used vista dashboad polish for the plastics and dashboard.(Too sticky and greasy)

Exterior waxing and polishing wasn't in their car wash list so i gave them my own formula 1 wax. Waxed the car and left with 200Rs.

I could have done a better/same job with better products that i own.

Overall experience: 6.5/10. 8/10 if they had brought the water sprayer.

Pros: You save time and calories. Hard working guys.
Cons: Used pieces of cloths instead of a sponge.

Contact no.:080-42007071

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks