Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:58   #46
BHPian

Good thing they used old cloth instead of a sponge!
Old 3rd August 2009, 18:09   #47
BHPian

Thanks Akshay for your number and review.
I also wants to find someone in whitefield to get the car wash done. I know a Bosch Car Service Center nearby but heard they are not good. As my car is new, I don't want to give it Apartment Car cleaners. Do it myself is also tough because of water and other issues in apt.
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:10   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
I used to have a guy who'd come home and polish my cars. He'd charge me about 500 bucks, and would do EVERYTHING - body polish, interior shampoo, dash polish, tyre polish, engine bay cleaning... everything. By the end of it, the car would be spotless, inside and out. And he'd even bring his own materials.

Now the problem is this guy is no longer around. Anyone know of someone in Bombay who does the same thing at roughly the same rates? I live at worli, FYI.
There is this guy anandpereira71@gmail.com , he might help you out , not sure he will get you that real cheap rate.
Old 3rd August 2009, 22:31   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Good thing they used old cloth instead of a sponge!
Why is that so buddy? Sponge is no good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Thanks Akshay for your number and review.
I also wants to find someone in whitefield to get the car wash done. I know a Bosch Car Service Center nearby but heard they are not good. As my car is new, I don't want to give it Apartment Car cleaners. Do it myself is also tough because of water and other issues in apt.
These people come to your door step anywhere in Bangy, Plus, If you really want your car to shine like new forever, I advice you to trust nobody but yourself, Take time to wash your car with care. I mean, just pressure wash with a pipe, Rinse with sponge, pressure wash again and dry with a cloth/chamois!

The guys who came over were filled with too much energy, I'm noticing swirl marks,(under strong street lights) The formula 1 wax seems to be gone by bluffing with all their energy
Old 16th August 2009, 21:06   #50
BHPian

Sponge is notorious for trapping grit between itself and the body. This leads to swirl marks.

The only 'right' way to wash a car is using a plush wash mitt, since that way dirt gets washed away using a lifting action. If that is not available, use a deep-pile cloth such as a terry towel or a microfiber towel.

Check out detailing world. You might be surprised at the level these boys have taken automotive detailing to.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:53   #51
BHPian

Well Sunday was my DIY for car waxing. Used 3M liquid wax to clean after spraying with a hose. And after the car was dry used Formula 1 wax. I did use the sponge ( wish I would have read this thread earlier) for aplliying teh wax, but after that I used a very soft towel to polish. It definitely was a good job done, car looks pretty shiny. Damage is around 3 litres of sweat and maybe around 2 excess kilos .
Old 2nd May 2010, 00:47   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Car Polishers, Bangalore.

Guys,

please find details of Car Polishers, Bangalore.

This guy's name is Mohan and he is pretty famous on team-bhp. Members like Jaggu & ravibhat has got the job done from this guy I believe.

I have attached the details of their work.

Today I personally got to see their work and am tremendously impressed. My sweet heart is going for their treatment in a month [I am shifting to a new house and the treatment will be done after I get the new covered parking].

I would rate their work 5 STAR. They took 3.5 hours to clean up a brand new [1 month old] Punto of our fellow mate raamki!

I have attached 2 copies of scanned doc - one in JPG format and second one in PDF format.

In case you are not able to see / download it, please send me a PM with your mail id and i will forward it!
Attached Thumbnails
At-home Car Polishing Service?-scan0001.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf scan0001.pdf (404.6 KB, 506 views)

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd May 2010 at 00:55.
Old 2nd May 2010, 17:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs View Post
I entered into a contract with Vinayaka Car Accessories, West Mambalam, Chennai - 9841063508 under the following terms 3 years back.

Attachment 163475

Attachment 163476

Currently I have finished about 8 of the services.

2 guys come with an industrial vacuum cleaner and buffing machine and take about 1.5 - 2 hours to do the job. I am very satisfied for the service once they fix an appointment and keep it. The current problem is that they dont keep up the appointment since they have a high turnover of staff. I have also had an issue with some staff flicking change and small tools i had in the car while cleaning on a couple of occasions.

Have changed two cars since entering the contract (small car - 2k for Premier Padmini) and since the current car is a Xylo, for the last service, they said the service will be treated as 2 completed services to match the rate difference for the change of car (they have also raised the tariff now).

Please feel free to PM me for further information.
@abs - How would you rate their workmanship? Do they use wax and other stuff of good quality (3M, etc)? They come to your residence to do this, right?

All - do we know of any more such services in Madras?
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
...please find details of Car Polishers, Bangalore...
Thanks for the info S&F!

Had got the persons contact info from Ravi a very long time back but never got around to using the service. But now, I feel the need, especially for my Alto.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:01   #55
BHPian

absolutely @ ratish (swiftnfurious), he washed/polished the car as if it was his own!! people like him are gems to the automotive service industry, really!! I mean, who would spend 4 odd hours in a day with a bruised back pressure washing, wax polishing a car with so much detail, that too for a price as low as 400 bucks!! 'Value for money' redefined guys!!

I eventually cancelled my plans that evening simply because i did not want the rain to ruin all the hardwork mohan and his boy put on my car!! high praise i have for him and his team, am praying all goes well for him and accord.

really wish i had pictures to show but tell you what, i can bet on the bottom dollar that no showroom/car spa's will ever give you the kind of service that CAR POLISHERS offer, that too for the kind of money they charge!! one service and you know that everybody else is a RIP OFF!!

Long live MOHAN!!

EDIT: Here is the link to JAGGU's review on CAR POLISHERS, previously known as Accord Automobiles.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...e-76-a-10.html

Last edited by raamki : 2nd May 2010 at 23:06. Reason: Added Jaggu's pictorial review link on CAR POLISHERS!
Old 7th May 2010, 17:00   #56
BHPian

Thats a very very good feedback of them raamki, I would definetly take their services, but i hope they offer it to South Blore aswell (Read somewhere that they are based in Yeshwanthpur).

I wonder how they pressure water clean though ex, under body? I mean would it be as good as the showroom guys do?
Old 31st May 2010, 23:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Awesome service !!! absolut VFM

Based on the reviews on this thread , I thought of giving my punto a pre monsoon wax treatment from car polishers.
Booked the appointment a day in advance,and the guys were at my place dot on time.I had opted for the exterior polishing , which included dash, door pad,mat cleaning.They used all 3m and waxpol products.
And i must say that they did a perfect job absolute value for money at 499/-

Highly recommended
Attached Thumbnails
At-home Car Polishing Service?-29052010038.jpg  

At-home Car Polishing Service?-29052010039.jpg  

Old 30th August 2010, 13:24   #58
BHPian

Do you have any information if these guys are still in business. The phone numbers provided do not work anymore
Old 30th August 2010, 15:48   #59
Senior - BHPian

no idea
i am unable to reach them anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks