Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 12:04   #1006
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Can you please elaborate on what complaints they've had regarding 3M films? Are all the complaints related to heat rejection or other issues?
I have no idea. They were pushing Vkool and I enquired about 3M. Thats when they told that earlier they sold 3M but had now stopped since they were getting a lot of issues. I left it at that since I had anyways decided to go for Vkool based on the Info on the Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Were vkool quotes from Galaxy same as the Rajendra place dealer?
Yes the prices are cheaper at the Rajendra place outlet. Dealer will obviously want to make some money on top of what they pay Vkool guys na. Although the installer at Galaxy is from Vkool only.

Last edited by drmohitg : 25th April 2012 at 12:17.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:09   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I have no idea. They were pushing Vkool and I enquired about 3M. Thats when they told that earlier they sold 3M but not stopped since they were getting a lot of issues. I left it at that since I had anyways decided to go for Vkool based on the Info on the Forum.
The same thing happened with me when i bought my Altis from MGF Toyota. They seemed more interested in selling VKool. I was simply told that they there's no difference between 3M and any local sunfilm so I should go for VKool.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:14   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
I have no idea. They were pushing Vkool and I enquired about 3M. Thats when they told that earlier they sold 3M but not stopped since they were getting a lot of issues. I left it at that since I had anyways decided to go for Vkool based on the Info on the Forum.

Yes the prices are cheaper at the Rajendra place outlet. Dealer will obviously want to make some money on top of what they pay Vkool guys na. Although the installer at Galaxy is from Vkool only.
Since you have already got an install on your Altis from the dealer, would you be having his contact details?

If so, you can perhaps call him and take a quote for both of us jointly, which might get us a better discount. I'd be interested in their eco range - black on all sides.

What do you think?
Old 25th April 2012, 12:21   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you have already got an install on your Altis from the dealer, would you be having his contact details?

If so, you can perhaps call him and take a quote for both of us jointly, which might get us a better discount. I'd be interested in their eco range - black on all sides.

What do you think?
I have the guy's number. But I am unaware of there full range of products and for that will have to go there outlet which is a little far off. Let me see what I can do. Is H series a part of there Eco range? I think it is pretty basic. Why don't you call them and just take a general idea? You can mention about me since I had called them just yesterday regarding films on my Sunny. See your Inbox for the number.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:25   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
I have the guy's number. But I am unaware of there full range of products and for that will have to go there outlet which is a little far off. Let me see what I can do. Is H series a part of there Eco range? I think it is pretty basic. Why don't you call them and just take a general idea? You can mention about me since I had called them just yesterday regarding films on my Sunny. See your Inbox for the number.
I too am clueless about specific name of their films or codes.

All I know is eco is cheapest and diamond is the most expensive at around 35,000.

But searching this thread will pop the price range for all of them.

Btw - price of variants within a "series" is nearly same +-500, real price difference is between the series - which I think is at a gap of 5-7k starting at 5k next being 12k and so on till 35k...

You can find the name of the series on their site vkoolindia.com but they don't have specifics with respect to color and code (VLT).
Old 25th April 2012, 12:28   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

You can find the name of the series on their site vkoolindia.com but they don't have specifics with respect to color and code (VLT).
Yup there new website is useless. Whats the point of mentioning the product range without giving any details about the films in particular. Earlier they had all the info and that is how I narrowed it down to which film I want. Diamond series is Vk70 and Vk40 I think. The basic series is A and H if I am not wrong.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:32   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Yup there new website is useless. Whats the point of mentioning the product range without giving any details about the films in particular. Earlier they had all the info and that is how I narrowed it down to which film I want. Diamond series is Vk70 and Vk40 I think. The basic series is A and H if I am not wrong.
Wouldn't it better that we call tell him the color, VLT and budget and he show/tell us all the options?
A lot also depends on what combination you take, some people even do Vkool on sides and rear and Garware on front...
Old 27th April 2012, 11:41   #1013
BHPian

Re: Sun Film- Ban on Tinted glass by Supreme Court on 27th April 2012

SC bans tinted glass in vehicles

This is the latest development in the subject of tinted glass in vehicles.
Old 27th April 2012, 16:07   #1014
Senior - BHPian

This is shocking I just came back yesterday after getting sun-films installed on my car.

Is it our fault if the cops do not have the Luxometer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOWAGON_CL View Post
SC bans tinted glass in vehicles

This is the latest development in the subject of tinted glass in vehicles.
Old 27th April 2012, 22:19   #1015
Senior - BHPian

This is Madness
The police are too cheap to have meters to check the VLT of the glass, so everyone has to suffer ?
Old 27th April 2012, 23:14   #1016
BHPian

Supreme court has only banned use of sun films which are extra dark and beyond the specified limit of 70% and 50%. It doesn't change anything for those who stick to this limit

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/su...-limits-203292
Old 27th April 2012, 23:19   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
This is shocking I just came back yesterday after getting sun-films installed on my car.

Is it our fault if the cops do not have the Luxometer?

They have also said about framing new rules for tints so it may not be a ban after all. I wonder when they will start implementing the new rule.

Last edited by M124 : 27th April 2012 at 23:27.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:35   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M124 View Post
They have also said about framing new rules for tints so it may not be a ban after all. I wonder when they will start implementing the new rule.
The deadline for this rule is 4th May. After that I guess all cars above the prescribed limits are going to be challaned.
nikhileshgrover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 13:24   #1019
BHPian

I guess there will be increased revenue for the dept just like the fancy number plates. More harassment on demand.

But unlike the fancy number plates, this issue seems more genuine. In many cars, the film is so opaque that anything is possible; not just some intimate moves ;-)

Cut the heat but stick to the norms,guys.
Old 28th April 2012, 16:03   #1020
Senior - BHPian

I read the article too but did not see any mention of the deadline. Any update from bangalore? When is this rule likely to get implemented?.I have 35% installed on side and rear window and feel its really important for a country like India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks