Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 19:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
I see you are In double minds whether to go for tuning box for your polo or not. I suggest, you go for it. Just make sure you don't put up the stickers of race dynamics anywhere on your car and remove the box before giving the car to service center. It Will definitely improve the power delivery of your polo and you can still have your warranty. Win win!
In double minds whether to go in for a full fledged remap or a tuning box. Its being modified,for sure !

I don't like how these tuning boxes work,but at the end of the day it seems less of a headache when compared to a remap. Let's see what I get finally

Last edited by shashank.nk : 14th October 2012 at 19:51.
Old 20th December 2012, 13:13   #62

Re: Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Dont have an XUV so cant comment. But do let us know your feedback once you have installed it.

I am deciding between Petes, RD and EngineCal
Hi, finally got the RD box installed in my xuv & I think its money well spent. Admittedly was a bit dissapointed initially, expecting a little too much(had a chevy cruze prior to this, but expecting the XUV to turn into a Cruze was quite silly of me).

Nonetheless, once you accept that no Jekyl & Hyde act is going to happen, the box is very rewarding, especially in the P2 mode - immediate surge accompanied with a fair bit of tyre squealing is easily achievable. Even the P1 mode improves the driveability significantly, although you notice it more when u switch back to 'Stock' & realise that the driving is not as effortless as before.

P2, of course is seat of the pants fun, a total joy. There's an immediate & relentless surge all across the rev range - no competing vehicle (Fortuner, etc) stands a chance, even when fully loaded.

Have had it for about a month now and am enjoying every moment of it.
p.s I'm based out of Chandigarh, interested people are most welcome to have a shot in my XUV.

Cheers
Sanju
Sanju Bedi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2012, 00:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

I am going to get a remap from Tune-O-Tronics for my Getz 1.3 petrol. I understand that the gains will not be as much a diesel car. My main requirement is improvement in drive-ability.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 22nd December 2012 at 00:28.
Old 22nd December 2012, 00:44   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins
I am going to get a remap from Tune-O-Tronics for my Getz 1.3 petrol. I understand that the gains will not be as much a diesel car. My main requirement is improvement in drive-ability.
I have heard only good things about him and if I remember it correctly, he is very knowledgeable. Do keep us posted as its on my radar.
His work is known for drive ability.
Old 11th March 2013, 04:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning)

hi folks,

its been a long time since i started a new post in the forum, so far all the topics i needed help with, are well discussed here so didn't really need a thread.

but this time, i did search the forum but still didn't find a conclusive/convincing answer to this question?(read the title)

well i would like to know if i am better off getting a dieseltronic dual channel box from race dynamics or is a Remap still recommended?

wait before you answer that let me tell you what my requirements are,

1. does this tuning box only control the VGT apart from the fueling or does it control more parameters?
2. does this box include enough parameters so that one might forget about the Remap?

could some one please give a summarized pro & con list of this DC box vs remap it was all confusing and very tiring to read from this thread and also this one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-box-12.html

and a few other threads.

i am looking for a better summed up/conclusive answer. thank you.

Well by the way the car i have now is a fiat punto sport 90hp and i soon need to decide on either a remap or this DC box.

p.s. mods if you still think this thread is not necessary please merge this one with existing ones.

Last edited by ajmat : 11th March 2013 at 07:45. Reason: editing to fit into thread
Old 11th March 2013, 09:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
hi folks,

its been a long time since i started a new post in the forum, so far all the topics i needed help with, are well discussed here so didn't really need a thread.

but this time, i did search the forum but still didn't find a conclusive/convincing answer to this question?(read the title)

well i would like to know if i am better off getting a dieseltronic dual channel box from race dynamics or is a Remap still recommended?

wait before you answer that let me tell you what my requirements are,

1. does this tuning box only control the VGT apart from the fueling or does it control more parameters?
2. does this box include enough parameters so that one might forget about the Remap?

could some one please give a summarized pro & con list of this DC box vs remap it was all confusing and very tiring to read from this thread and also this one.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-box-12.html

and a few other threads.

i am looking for a better summed up/conclusive answer. thank you.

Well by the way the car i have now is a fiat punto sport 90hp and i soon need to decide on either a remap or this DC box.

p.s. mods if you still think this thread is not necessary please merge this one with existing ones.
Check these too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...t-1-2-a-2.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-chipping.html
Old 9th April 2014, 11:26   #67
BHPian

Diesel Tuning Box for C250 CDI

Hi guys. Can anyone suggest a good tuner in chennai for getting a diesel tuning box imported/carried out. 2 companies that come to my mind are chip express and tuning box uk.

http://www.chipexpress.com/products/1237/
http://www.tuningbox.com/en/tbv/dies...04-500-d-a.htm

Does Pete's have a similar box in india?

thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 12:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Diesel Tuning Box for C250 CDI

why would you want to import a tuning box? Simply contact the Race Dynamics team in Bangalore, I am sure they will have a distributor in Chennai who will help get a dieseltronics box. Another possibility is checking out Spitfire performance in Coimbatore. Their work with Unichip has been well documented on this forum.

I would also recommend seriously looking at a remap.
Old 29th April 2014, 16:04   #69
BHPian

Mercedes B-Class B180 CDI Tuning Options

I'd be booking a Merc B180 CDI in the first week of May. The car would be used for city driving mostly but still I'm looking to bump up the power without effecting the warranty. The car has a 7G-DCT so it is quite capable of handling more power.
What's weird is that the India bound B180 CDI has a under tuned version of the C220s 2143cc motor whereas globally the same car gets a 1.6L motor. This means that all the tuning boxes available for the B180 CDI is tuned as per the 1.6L motor.

What is the way out to give this car a power boost without effecting the warranty?
Old 29th April 2014, 19:17   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mercedes B-Class B180 CDI Tuning Options

IMHO In this situation warranty or power. Choose one.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 21:25   #71
BHPian

You could speak to Abhishek from KIIRUS motorsports or some one from TUNE O TRONICS, they would be in a better position to answer this question than us. You will get their contact details on FB. Be it a remap or tuning box as soon as the ASC finds it your warranty is void bro!
Old 29th April 2014, 23:29   #72
Senior - BHPian

Please speak to all the remapping guys out there. You have Code 6, Tune O Tronics and plenty others today. I have heard bad things about Kiirus so you might want to double check on them. Meanwhile, there is absolutely no way you can do this and keep your warranty intact. Take comfort in knowing however, that the service center will typically never find out.

If you want a tuning box setup, speak to Spitfire Performance in Coimbatore about the UniChip. Be warned that if someone in the service center is going to go through the trouble of finding out whether you have tinkered around, they can still find out you use a tuning box even if you unplug it before service.

Cheers!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 11:17   #73
BHPian

Hello Team!

After a long thought process and due diligence, I had a tuning box from EngineCAL installed on my Vento TDI. Below is the link to my post giving a brief description. Hope it helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3456779

Regards
ASVA
Old 8th July 2014, 14:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanju Bedi View Post
Hi, finally got the RD box installed in my xuv & I think its money well spent. Admittedly was a bit dissapointed initially, expecting a little too much(had a chevy cruze prior to this, but expecting the XUV to turn into a Cruze was quite silly of me).

Nonetheless, once you accept that no Jekyl & Hyde act is going to happen, the box is very rewarding, especially in the P2 mode - immediate surge accompanied with a fair bit of tyre squealing is easily achievable. Even the P1 mode improves the driveability significantly, although you notice it more when u switch back to 'Stock' & realise that the driving is not as effortless as before.

P2, of course is seat of the pants fun, a total joy. There's an immediate & relentless surge all across the rev range - no competing vehicle (Fortuner, etc) stands a chance, even when fully loaded.

Have had it for about a month now and am enjoying every moment of it.
p.s I'm based out of Chandigarh, interested people are most welcome to have a shot in my XUV.

Cheers
Sanju
Hey Sanju - so how is it going with the XUV and RD box? After how many KM is it ok to get the box installed?
Old 8th July 2014, 18:15   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk7671 View Post
Hey Sanju - so how is it going with the XUV and RD box? After how many KM is it ok to get the box installed?
So far so good. Got my box installed at 20k, the cars done 65k till now & the box is still going strong.like I mentioned earlier, its not so much a huge increase in outright pickup, but driveability improves dramatically. The car picks up cleanly from much lower speeds in every gear as compared to stock, a big boon in traffic.
Sanju Bedi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks