Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2018, 17:29   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Awaiting dyno figures since last year
I'm sure it will be great, but want to see potential.
I know!! The problem is bench flash in S-Cross 1.6. I don't want to dyno only on tuned file. Anyways I have timed the car with G tech / V box and the results were better than my expectations. Yes, it would be interesting to see the actual gains on paper too .
Old 27th April 2018, 21:17   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
They are not available for many common Indian cars. For those concerned about warranty and want better mid range performance, RD dual channel box is a good option.

If you are willing to spend more, Unichip is great option too. Sankar has got 567 NM torque with Unichip in his Crysta. Again it depends on the car and Unichip compatibility / support.
Thanks a lot Doc.

Looks like Spitfire (http://www.spitfire.co.in/ is the only authorised dealer for Unichip in TN. Enquired about their prices for plug and play tuning boxes (XUV500) & its only around 12% expensive than RD.

PS: Attaching the contact & address of Spitfire as their mobile # is not in website
Attached Thumbnails
Tuning Box versus Remaps (Diesel tuning)-spitfire.jpeg  

Last edited by Surprise : 27th April 2018 at 21:18.
Old 28th April 2018, 10:53   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
They primarily cause the engine to run much richer than normal and in turn cause carbon/soot buildup in the block which causes much more wear long term..
Also the other way i see it as not always we will be on power mode, does it not mean the running is as good as stock.

You mentioned about Carbon/Soot build up in longer term, Is it possible to quantify in terms of KMS?

Googled to check out, if premium diesel could help in this matter. No wonder again I landed on a TBHP thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-diesel-7.html
Old 29th April 2018, 08:48   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Thanks a lot Doc.

Looks like Spitfire (http://www.spitfire.co.in/ is the only authorised dealer for Unichip in TN. Enquired about their prices for plug and play tuning boxes (XUV500) & its only around 12% expensive than RD.

PS: Attaching the contact & address of Spitfire as their mobile # is not in website
Can you share more details of the box and the pricing. I'm also looking out for something for XUV 500. Was planning remap but not able to find much options for remap for XUV.
Old 29th April 2018, 22:45   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Can you share more details of the box and the pricing. I'm also looking out for something for XUV 500. Was planning remap but not able to find much options for remap for XUV.
Iam yet the finalize on the tuning box for XUV5OO. RD & Unichip (Dealer spitfire, TN) are the two options. For remaps, you can get in touch with http://www.wolfmoto.com/
Old 17th January 2020, 12:10   #156

A newbie question here for polo diesel owners. I have a tdi 1.5 bought in October '16. I heard from threads here that VW remapped their diesel cars after the emissions fiasco. Now at that time I was a relatively new driver and lacked such knowledge. Is there a chance they could have remapped my polo tdi too?

Also, im looking to get my ecu remapped, stage 1 for now. Maybe later I'll get bilstein b6 on stock springs. Contacted both code6 and tune-o-tronics. Only the latter reverted back saying they'd notify when they are in chandigarh so I could get my car for tuning.

Anyone with any experience on remaps on polo can help? I'm still learning the forums so i couldn't find the PM feature to ask specific people, hence posting it here.
Old 2nd June 2020, 15:27   #157
Senior - BHPian

An interesting video on this topic by Darkside developments UK
Old 22nd August 2020, 10:13   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Any tuning options for Tata engines especially Hexa 400 NM.
One of my friend is looking for it and adapt Box or remaps whichever suits to T.
Did your friend manage to find a good option? Which way did he go? A remap or a box? Just curious cause even am looking at options for my Hexa considering the warranty would expire by the end of next year.
Old 22nd August 2020, 19:41   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Did your friend manage to find a good option? Which way did he go? A remap or a box? Just curious cause even am looking at options for my Hexa considering the warranty would expire by the end of next year.
Nope, He is happy with the power and changed his plan to do any increase in Hexa performance.
Old 30th March 2021, 00:20   #160
BHPian

I am looking to get my Innova remapped in Mumbai. Are there any places that are suggested to undertake this adventure?
Old 22nd May 2021, 23:03   #161

Guys, Just want to reactivate an old thread and see if it can be brought to life - would want experts like Dr Naren and Satya to weigh in on who is the best ECU remapper in town ( read mega cities)? - Petes vs Code6 vs Wolf vs ToT etc etc ....who is really the king now that this tech has advanced leaps and bounds during last 3 years
TechnoFarmer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 13:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoFarmer View Post
Guys, Just want to reactivate an old thread and see if it can be brought to life - would want experts like Dr Naren and Satya to weigh in on who is the best ECU remapper in town ( read mega cities)? - Petes vs Code6 vs Wolf vs ToT etc etc ....who is really the king now that this tech has advanced leaps and bounds during last 3 years
Here are my 2 cents - It depends. Not all are the same. It depends on the engine, brand, your expectation, etc. For Eg - Wolf is good for fiat engines. Code6/Petes are good for VAG brands. However, even then there is no significant difference in terms of the quality of work among them. You can trust any of the above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks