Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2010, 11:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Fitting of two bulbs for Rs. 100 . Thats too steep. Infact fitting can be done by self. Changing headlamp bulb knowledge is necessity for all car owners. It is less than 5 minutes job.
In the case of i10 changing headlights bulb is more than just plug and play. The stupid design of the headlamp assy require the headlamps to be taken out to replace the light bulb if done the proper way as described in the manual.

Bulb can be changed via the wheel well after peeling off the apron and making a gap for the bulb and the hand to pass through, not so elegant.

Either ways 100bucks for a bulb change in the i10 is pretty justifiable.
Old 27th October 2010, 22:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
At the price 30 Pound (~2700.00 Rupees) it is damn costly. You could have opted for Philips Extreme Power for just Rs. 850.00 in Bangalore or could have waited for sometime to get Extreme Vision in India.

I am using Extreme Power in my car and am happy with it.
I paid Rs 2000. Philips say tremeVision is next version of tremePower with 20% extra light. It is just launched and I bought from online authorized store. So the price is slightly high.

Replaced my stock lamps with these. I have been using this for past 20 days. Low beam has improved. Area near the bumper is well lit like fog lamps. Haven't tried high beam.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:47   #63
BHPian

Where to Buy Philips XtremePower 60/55W in kolkata? Need to upgrade lights of WagonR

Went to Glix in Saltlate he is quoting 1100Rs for the same. I think its bit high, as banglore BHPians get it around 850Rs. no idea about prices in kolkata.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Where to Buy Philips XtremePower 60/55W in kolkata? Need to upgrade lights of WagonR

Went to Glix in Saltlate he is quoting 1100Rs for the same. I think its bit high, as banglore BHPians get it around 850Rs. no idea about prices in kolkata.
Rs.1100 should be fine. Only one of the direct dealer is selling it for Rs.850 in Bangalore. Other places it is indeed around Rs.1000 to Rs.1200
Check the link below who has bought it for Rs.1100 in bangalore
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2069287

Last edited by rk_sans : 28th October 2010 at 14:47.
Old 28th October 2010, 14:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post

I bought a pair of same yesterday - Rs. 700/-, though from official distributor of Philip Car Lighting in Chandigarh.

Regards,

Ishlesh
Old 28th October 2010, 16:44   #66
BHPian

My car Dealer got xtreme power from Phillips at Rs 600/pair.

Any idea how is Diamondvision comapre to Xtreme power?
Old 28th October 2010, 16:48   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
My car Dealer got xtreme power from Phillips at Rs 600/pair.

Any idea how is Diamondvision comapre to Xtreme power?

Whoa! 600?! Which dealer?I will also get from him.
Are you sure they are original?
Old 28th October 2010, 16:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Whoa! 600?! Which dealer?I will also get from him.
Are you sure they are original?
Yes, they are original, I got them free as a part of the free items, when I got my Punto, its KHT Motors,Whitefield, will PM you the details.
Old 28th October 2010, 17:14   #69
BHPian

As everyone knows, Baleno has pathetic headlights. Esp the low beam is very bad and driving at night is a pain with oncoming traffic at full beam with bright lights, as most of them use highbeam for whatever stupid reason. Could anyone tell me the correct stock specification for baleno headlamps and recommended brand. would changing to phillips xtreme power do the trick? I do not want higher wattage like the 100 one.
Old 11th December 2010, 17:22   #70
Senior - BHPian

Re: Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W headlamps - price

Guys, i bought the xtreme powers for 1K in Pune from an accessories guy for my Zen. My right bulb burnt out in 1 day ! The low beam died in half an hour and high beam an hour later. The left bulb is working fine. The accessories guy is saying there is no warranty on this. Is this the case ? Will contacting philips help..?
Old 11th December 2010, 17:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My right bulb burnt out in 1 day ! The low beam died in half an hour and high beam an hour later. The left bulb is working fine.

Definitely, warranty or no warranty - you MUST contact Philips. This should be a manufacturing defect esp. since the left lamp is working fine.

Having that said, before contacting them you may want to ensure that the product you bought is original, you have a cash bill and may be the dealer will support you.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 11th December 2010 at 17:50.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:52   #72
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Review of Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W headlamps

I have been using the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs for three years in my Alto. The low beam one failed in the RHS headlamp assembly in August this year after extensive usage for three years. I changed the stock bulbs to this set back in July 2008. I paid ~Rs. 1,100 from AK Traders in B'lore back then.

Since the failure of the RHS headlamp bulb, I have switched to the crappy Crystal Vision that I had bought earlier as a temporary switch. Haven't had the time to go pick up another set and with the price now down to ~Rs. 850 I intend to pick up two sets for the use in my Santro as well.

It is a great upgrade from the stock bulbs and work brilliantly. The lighting is certainly not 80% more as claimed but definitely ~40% - 50% over the stock bulbs. A definite 'yes' for all those who want to upgrade their lighting without tampering with the electricals with extra wiring and relays. This product surely gets my

Cheers,
gpa
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:26   #73
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review of Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W headlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I have been using the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs for three years in my Alto. The low beam one failed in the RHS headlamp assembly in August this year after extensive usage for three years. I changed the stock bulbs to this set back in July 2008. I paid ~Rs. 1,100 from AK Traders in B'lore back then.

Since the failure of the RHS headlamp bulb, I have switched to the crappy Crystal Vision that I had bought earlier as a temporary switch. Haven't had the time to go pick up another set and with the price now down to ~Rs. 850 I intend to pick up two sets for the use in my Santro as well.

It is a great upgrade from the stock bulbs and work brilliantly. The lighting is certainly not 80% more as claimed but definitely ~40% - 50% over the stock bulbs. A definite 'yes' for all those who want to upgrade their lighting without tampering with the electricals with extra wiring and relays. This product surely gets my

Cheers,
gpa
^^Update.

I called AK Traders and the guy said that this set of bulbs is no longer manufactured. Its equivalent is Philips Xtreme Vision which costs Rs. 900 for a pair of two bulbs. I asked him if he had a spare one of the Xtreme Power but he said no. Guess, I'll have to upgrade to the Xtreme Vision shortly.

Cheers,
gpa
Old 24th December 2011, 21:32   #74

Hola All,
My first post on the portal.

Firstly, I wholeheartedly thank the portal and all the members who have been my guide and best pals for the past 6-9 months. I can proudly say, it is only because of your guidance and the knowledge gathered on this portal I decided on buying an I20.T-BHP has become my stress buster at work, my sole source of information on automobiles off-late. Though I might not have been an active contributor on the portal yet but have been a lucky recipient nonetheless.

My first post is a query regarding an issue which has been discussed to length and breadth already, the stock headlamps.
I feel the stock lights on my 3 month old I20 CRDi are not at all sufficient for night driving. Let alone the Highways, they are not effective even for city driving. I find it pretty difficult to drive during the late evenings and nights when I have light in my eyes from the vehicles coming from the other direction. Hence wanted to upgrade my own to something better but since the vehicle is still under the warranty period, I can't go for a relay and wiring updates. So I searched for an alternative on the portal and found "philips-xtreme-h4-60-55w-headlamps" to be a useful option, as I believe this will not void the warranty. (Please correct me if I am wrong here).

Hence just wanted to know, if it is compatible with I20 as well, will they go well with the reflectors of I20? I have seen some mixed reactions on the thread here but thought it would not be bad to take an opinion or two before I could decide.

Cheers!
Old 28th March 2014, 17:25   #75
BHPian

OK People, am digging up this old thread because I recently installed Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs in my A-Star AT from Maruti Genuine Accessories. Total cost Rs 1300+. On the Philips site I just saw that these bulbs have a life of 400 hours ~. Has anyone here who has used these bulbs seen hem go out so fast?
I drive almost 2 hrs a day 5 days a week with these lamps on. I also have frequent, unplanned trips on unlit highways.

If the bulbs conk off in less than a year, which they may, given the calculations I have done, can MASS be expected to honour the warranty? Any idea about MGA warranty processes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks