Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 10:21   #76
BHPian

Re: Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W headlamps - price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
On the Philips site I just saw that these bulbs have a life of 400 hours ~. Has anyone here who has used these bulbs seen hem go out so fast?
I've been using this for the past 2+ years must've run ~200-300 hrs with the lights on... they are still running fine..

To my limited knowledge, the most important factor for the bulb life is the rate of evaporation of the filament. Which depends on temperature it is operated on.
The main factors that come to mind are
- The duration the bulb turned ON.
- Number of ON/OFF cycles.

Add to that would be the vibrations that the bulb endures.. leading to filament failure..

Quote:
If the bulbs conk off in less than a year, which they may, given the calculations I have done, can MASS be expected to honour the warranty? Any idea about MGA warranty processes?
Why would MASS replace a custom fitted bulb? Maybe I did not understand the question.
Old 29th March 2014, 10:31   #77
BHPian

I got a pair of these this week from AK Traders JC Road for my Alto K10 VXI, got it for INR 950 inclusive of VAT.
Old 4th April 2014, 01:30   #78
BHPian

Quote:
OK People, am digging up this old thread because I recently installed Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs in my A-Star AT from Maruti Genuine Accessories. Total cost Rs 1300+. On the Philips site I just saw that these bulbs have a life of 400 hours ~. Has anyone here who has used these bulbs seen hem go out so fast?
I had used Xtreme Vision once - I was not happy with the illumination at all since the low beam throw was quite long (irritating oncoming traffic) while the intensity and colour temperature was only marginally better than the stock bulbs. However, they did last me for more than 2 years till I sold off the vehicle, compared to an earlier set of Nightbreakers that lasted me for about a year before the low beam filaments blew out during a road trip.
Old 4th April 2014, 06:55   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Total cost Rs 1300+. On the Philips site I just saw that these bulbs have a life of 400 hours ~. Has anyone here who has used these bulbs seen hem go out so fast?
I too have bought Philips XV for 1150 bucks from Ebay website. Let's see how long these last for me and the Philips XV us much better than Osram NB+.

Quote:
I drive almost 2 hrs a day 5 days a week with these lamps on. I also have frequent, unplanned trips on unlit highways.
We have a similar driving pattern except for the outstation trips. I drive 2 hrs a day 7 days a week. I drive around 110 kms a day so my usage is high.

Quote:
If the bulbs conk off in less than a year, which they may, given the calculations I have done, can MASS be expected to honour the warranty? Any idea about MGA warranty processes?
I don't think Maruti will honour any warranty but you can try to get Philips warranty if possible. Did Maruti mention anything about warranty when you bought those bulbs or try calling the guy who sold you those bulbs for offering warranty.

Anurag.
Old 4th April 2014, 16:59   #80
BHPian

I checked with the MASS from where I got them installed and the reply ranged between "no warranty sir" to "dekh lenge sir agar bulb kharab hue to aap yaha le ana"

For now I have removed the XV bulbs and gone back to stock bulbs since changing bulbs is not much of a chore, me or dad can do it easily and no unlit highway rips are coming.

Will use XV bulbs only when going on long distance trips... stocks work fine in Delhi NCR.
\
Old 8th July 2014, 22:17   #81
BHPian

Two weeks back I got a pair Philips Extreme Vision installed on my Swift. I do a lot of driving on the Mumbai Pune expressway and wanted something that would improve visibility. I am not a big fan of the 90/100 bulbs since they usually result in darkening of the headlamp reflector and are of course too bright for oncoming traffic.

After driving on the expressway twice post the installation I have the following observations.

1. The beam spread is better than the stock lamps.
2. The brightness is higher than the stock lamps
3. The colour of the light emitted is slightly whiter than the stock lamps.
4. The claim made by Philips about beam performance being upto 100% better cannot really be seen on my car. In my experience the beam is about 20% longer than before and not more.

Are they worth the 1200 bucks I paid(MGA price)? Well I would say that if one is ok with the issues associated with 90/100 headlamps then that's a way better bet. This pair of bulbs promised a lot but are clearly not delivering much.
Potenza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 22:00   #82
NKN
BHPian

My personal views
On my 2011-i10, replaced the stock bulbs with OSRAM Night breaker Plus 60/55W costing around 1250/-. I definitely like the brightness and throw, functions well in city and highway conditions. For installation, the mechanic had to unscrew the bumper and access the headlamps through the wheel well

On my 2007 SX4, initially replaced the stock bulbs with Hella Rallye 90/100 with relay wiring costing ~ 2500/-(total installation). While I liked the brightness and it was useful for city driving, there was a visible shadow which was apparent during highway driving conditions on the LHS and I felt the bulb was out of focus. Visited many mechanics + MASS centers and all mentioned that this was due to the prominent crown inside the headlamp assembly. Learnt to live with this challenge and finally replaced the bulbs last month after 3 years of usage.
The new addition was Philips Diamond Vision H4 5000K costing INR 1500/-. If you are looking for bright white light, this is the one and is more inclined towards adding to the styling or looks of the car. I feel that the lighting is still insufficient and would say the OSRAM NB performs better in comparison. Several of my friends have installed Xtreme vision and they are satisfied with the results

Also came across OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H4 60/55 costing INR 4500/- which the dealer says is the best- Have as any one used it or heard any reviews?
Old 11th July 2014, 12:18   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKN View Post
Also came across OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited H4 60/55 costing INR 4500/- which the dealer says is the best- Have as any one used it or heard any reviews?
Your dealer is trying rip you off! NB Unlimiteds are available for around 2k for a pair.

Refer: http://www.epitstop.in/Upgrades/Osra...id-370859.html
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 12:46   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKN View Post
My personal views
On my 2011-i10, replaced the stock bulbs with OSRAM Night breaker Plus 60/55W costing around 1250/-. I definitely like the brightness and throw, functions well in city and highway conditions. For installation, the mechanic had to unscrew the bumper and access the headlamps through the wheel well
Really? These bulbs are just plug and play - you just have to remove the rubber cab behind the headlights to access the bulbs - pretty easy and straightforward - no need to remove the bumper! Or is it any different on the i10?
Quote:
On my 2007 SX4, initially replaced the stock bulbs with Hella Rallye 90/100 with relay wiring costing ~ 2500/-(total installation). While I liked the brightness and it was useful for city driving, there was a visible shadow which was apparent during highway driving conditions on the LHS and I felt the bulb was out of focus. Visited many mechanics + MASS centers and all mentioned that this was due to the prominent crown inside the headlamp assembly.
Was it so with the stock bulbs too, my guess is, they might have not done the PDI properly - have seen this on a few "new" cars. Usually, they refocus and seems to solve the issue.

Quote:
Learnt to live with this challenge and finally replaced the bulbs last month after 3 years of usage.
The new addition was Philips Diamond Vision H4 5000K costing INR 1500/-. If you are looking for bright white light, this is the one and is more inclined towards adding to the styling or looks of the car. I feel that the lighting is still insufficient and would say the OSRAM NB performs better in comparison. Several of my friends have installed Xtreme vision and they are satisfied with the results

Diamond vision and crystal vision are the 2 which are supposed to give that white light. Xtreme vision does not give out any white light - it is very close to the stock yellowish light. That said, the illumination is definitely better. Since the filaments burn hotter in these, it is expected to last a little less - so I take caution to not use the dipper too much and mostly use these on low beam.

As for NB unlimited, they claim even more gain than Xtreme vision, so might be better. But the price he is quoting you is attrocious! Show him the epitstop (as itwasntme has quoted above) and ebay listings (~2200).
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 20:16   #85
NKN
BHPian

[quote=Dry Ice;3475585]Really? These bulbs are just plug and play - you just have to remove the rubber cab behind the headlights to access the bulbs - pretty easy and straightforward - no need to remove the bumper! Or is it any different on the i10?

While the bulbs were plug n play, the engine bay is so tightly packed that access to the headlamp unit on the i10 could be made only post unscrewing the bumpers
Old 15th July 2014, 20:21   #86
NKN
BHPian

Was it so with the stock bulbs too, my guess is, they might have not done the PDI properly - have seen this on a few "new" cars. Usually, they refocus and seems to solve the issue.

It was not there with the stock bulbs and the current set of bulbs, Hence unsure what the issue really was.
Old 25th August 2014, 18:27   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potenza View Post
Two weeks back I got a pair Philips Extreme Vision installed on my Swift. I do a lot of driving on the Mumbai Pune expressway and wanted something that would improve visibility. I am not a big fan of the 90/100 bulbs since they usually result in darkening of the headlamp reflector..
Check out what 90/100s had done to my reflectors!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3512393
Old 25th August 2014, 23:13   #88
Senior - BHPian

They are available with with MGP for a 1200 a pair.
Old 17th October 2015, 14:33   #89
BHPian

Has anyone used Philips ExtremeVision "PLUS" H4 lamps ?
These are next version of extremevision and claim 130% more brightness as compared to the 30% of ExtremeVision.

I have been using ExtremeVision for last 3 years and one of my bulb has gone bad. Went searching for ExtremeVision but all shopkeepers saying take extremevision+. Specs are same 12V 60/55W.

Please guide if i should go for this or source extremevision from somewhere.
Old 17th October 2015, 16:44   #90
BHPian

The extremeVision+ is available on Amazon too !

Please recommend if it works well instead of stocks. I dont have any alternate kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips Xtreme H4 60/55W headlamps - price-philipsextremevision.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks