Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 12:14   #91
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
ahahaha! Maybe Karan should hand out Perk's to the first 50 guys!
Naah,

Not Perk's Kit Kat or Lindt maybe.

Viper
Old 18th July 2007, 12:25   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Expect me there very soon after i finish running in the new engine.
OT: Your engine swap is done? When do we get a dekho?
Old 18th July 2007, 12:32   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
OT: Your engine swap is done? When do we get a dekho?
Kiran,

The engine has arrived but not yet installed.

Viper

PS - @KS - Can you clarify what the below means taken from your website.

"Only minor adjustments can be done while the car is on the roller.
Minor adj means tuning the fuel maps, changing jets, ignition timing adjs, etc. should be done within 30 mins. "

Does it mean that a run comprises of 30 mins or what does the above refer to.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 18th July 2007 at 12:38.
Old 18th July 2007, 12:40   #94
BHPian

Spelling mistake

Yes Mclaren....i should check that spelling.... It happens to me all the time..

rocam,viper......everybody`s welcome.let me know the no. of cars and how many runs u want.I will do something for sure.
PS:viper..i think u cant eat chocolates huh?? i think i remember u telling once

Cya
Karan
Old 18th July 2007, 12:44   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Karan, as much as we appreciate your hard work and bravery in getting a dyno down I see there is no harm in doing ones research asto how it works or what are the cheats that can be carried on. It will only make us as end customers more knowledgeable. Isnt that what we all want?

No one (atleast wrt to myself) is thinking twice about dynoing my car. Its just that I am trying to set my goals straight on what to expect and what not to.
I totally agree with the above view.

Dont get us wrong Karan, this is a huge investment by you, not only in terms of money, but time, and effort in making this happen. It is appreciated, and hopefully people and tuners will make the most of this tuning tool you have provided.

cya
R
Old 18th July 2007, 12:56   #96
BANNED

Isn't there some law or ARAI statute that says you cannot do a dyno run on a stock car without the manufacturer's consent? Remember reading it somewhere (maybe even on Team BHP)
Old 18th July 2007, 14:49   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Isn't there some law or ARAI statute that says you cannot do a dyno run on a stock car without the manufacturer's consent? Remember reading it somewhere (maybe even on Team BHP)
There is a rule which is more viable by RTO that engine transplants are illegal without RTO consent but we still do it don't we?
Old 19th July 2007, 11:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Kiran,

PS - @KS - Can you clarify what the below means taken from your website.

"Only minor adjustments can be done while the car is on the roller.
Minor adj means tuning the fuel maps, changing jets, ignition timing adjs, etc. should be done within 30 mins. "

Viper,
This means that if u would want to do any adjustment,it will have to be done within 30 mins if the car is still on the rollers.If it has to take longer than 30 mins,then the car has to be pulled off the rollers.

Thanks
Karan
Old 19th July 2007, 15:28   #99
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know I will never be able to recover the money by just doing dyno runs.This is a tool i will use to perfect my tunning capabilities.I have not got it to challenge any car manufacturer.It will be a tunners pleasure to use.
Thats the spirit! Well said.
Old 19th July 2007, 16:08   #100
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Are you open to telling us what brand and model of dynamometer do you offer for use?
Old 19th July 2007, 22:15   #101
Senior - BHPian

So how many people have relished the result of using the Dyno. I dont see many posts in that regard.
Old 26th July 2007, 02:43   #102
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on this, as to how some car(s) figured? Or is it not yet been properly used for verification of modification effectiveness.
Old 29th September 2007, 21:41   #103
BHPian

We should get readings of bone stock cars , we can use this as a baseline for understanding how much horsepower is actually being claimed by the manufacturers.
Im sure everyone will be shocked with the actual BHP figures as compared to the manufacturer claims.
Old 30th September 2007, 08:44   #104
BHPian

chetanhanda - i hope you are considering the fact that manufacturers claim are from measurements made at the engine crank, while a rolling dyno measures at the wheels after all the transmission losses etc have taken place which is much lower. In some cases they make assumptions on losses and add the same to the wheel bhp number to get u to the final bhp. This may not be accurate, but yet can be used as a baseline, if all cars are being measured on the same dyno (in our case true because we have only one dyno ), as then the transmission losses assumption will be constant

Heres my earlier post on the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/503309-post83.html

and a good article Puma Race Engines Technical Guide - Measuring Engine power - engine dynos and rolling road dynos

Cheers,
j
Old 30th September 2007, 11:33   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
chetanhanda - i hope you are considering the fact that manufacturers claim are from measurements made at the engine crank, while a rolling dyno measures at the wheels after all the transmission losses etc have taken place which is much lower. In some cases they make assumptions on losses and add the same to the wheel bhp number to get u to the final bhp. This may not be accurate, but yet can be used as a baseline, if all cars are being measured on the same dyno (in our case true because we have only one dyno ), as then the transmission losses assumption will be constant

Heres my earlier post on the same http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/503309-post83.html

and a good article Puma Race Engines Technical Guide - Measuring Engine power - engine dynos and rolling road dynos

Cheers,
j
duuuuuuuuude please , Im quite aware manufacturers like to state the power at the crank because it sounds good, but thanks for the interesting links.
What we are concerned is how much power the car delivers at the wheels so definately people will be shocked when they see how much power the dyno indicates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks