Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2005, 14:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider
So if someone wants to opt for a muffler, What are the fine points to consider before buying it? Considering the fact that the same is being done just for the change in the sound?? Do you have any other options just to change the sound without the FE getting affected?? Advise
Changing the end can will cause change in FE as the sound is an adrenaline rush and u will be redlining ur engine most times.. If u drive the car as before then very rarely will u loose FE... So u have decide .. U can contact Automech Exhausts and ask Mr. Ajay to courier you the end can.. Which u can get it fixed in any garage.
Cheers
Old 18th December 2005, 15:16   #17
BHPian

Thanks a ton a Evo-6, I will defenitely do that
Old 18th December 2005, 16:28   #18
BHPian

A manufactured tested stainless steel muffler is always better than a hand made muffler. Stainless steel one's use better quality of glass wool and are tried and tested. It may be expensive but will be worth it...
Old 18th December 2005, 16:50   #19
lancer_mania

what is so special about a stainless steel one

Old 19th December 2005, 02:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

i picked up my mugen stainless muffler for like 5500/- and the sound is not too much.. and lancer mania.. they look good on a car, its better that putting the show pipes.
Old 19th December 2005, 02:18   #21
lancer_mania

have you got just the muffler or the entire free flow echaust

Old 19th December 2005, 02:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

i have the muffler from mugen.. the free flow I got it made. I am running headers and a custom made straight pipe. headers costed me around 5 grand and the straight pipe was about 1500/.
Old 19th December 2005, 21:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
i have the muffler from mugen.. the free flow I got it made. I am running headers and a custom made straight pipe. headers costed me around 5 grand and the straight pipe was about 1500/.
hey does the mugen sound almost like a free flow (almost).... where did u buy it from in blore and how much including installation etc?

let me know as i desperately need one sooooon. If the sound is nice and hollow and not very loud i would like to go for that instead of a free flow as the basic need rite now is the sound.....
Old 20th December 2005, 02:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aditya. I bought the muffler from prodrive in shivaji nagar. and the price was 5500/- fitting was another 200 bucks.. it sounds nice but not as good as with headers and straight pipe.. the sound will increase as u pick up speed..
you can see my cars muffler here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...?highlight=Car

Last edited by Godfather : 20th December 2005 at 02:40.
Old 20th December 2005, 14:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Hi Aditya. I bought the muffler from prodrive in shivaji nagar. and the price was 5500/- fitting was another 200 bucks.. it sounds nice but not as good as with headers and straight pipe.. the sound will increase as u pick up speed..
you can see my cars muffler here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...?highlight=Car
Thanks for the reply dude... but are you sure it is an original Mugen? Shivajinagar is known for cheap imitations....
Old 22nd May 2006, 11:02   #26

mugen for 5500/-?????????
check the spelling, it mite be Murugan :-)))))
Old 22nd May 2006, 15:26   #27
BHPian

I'm looking 4 a freeflow exhaust foy my swift. I've heard that it increases mileage. is this true. i read it in OVERDRIVE (april issue i think). They installed Vroom FX or some thing like that. I live in eranakulam (in kerala) anyone know any shops there?
Old 26th May 2006, 11:21   #28
BHPian

I am planning to get Magnaflow SS muffler from ************* (Mumbai), Also planning to fit Xstream Universal K&N Air filters with free flow here in BLR for my SWIFT.

I have not yet decided whether do I need to go for Freeflow which includes stock Muffler or only go for SS Muffler without headers. I am still thinking of, Probably I will be deciding by this weekend.
Old 29th May 2006, 13:53   #29
BANNED

go in for a stainless steel exhaust.. and the pipes also changed if u cant afford a stainless steel header... for more power get rid of the cat con...
Old 29th May 2006, 14:01   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin
I'm looking 4 a freeflow exhaust foy my swift. I've heard that it increases mileage. is this true. i read it in OVERDRIVE (april issue i think). They installed Vroom FX or some thing like that. I live in eranakulam (in kerala) anyone know any shops there?
well if you can control your excitement and drive the same way like you did without a freeflow, a nd if the job is executed well, you can expect a 10% increase in fuel efficiency.
just incase you are thinking of a freeflow with prime objective being better fuel eff. then i think you should stay away, as you'll spending much more than you will probably save even if you drive in the lower rpms.

manson.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks