Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2013, 23:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
and yes the beam went farther, but for me, it illuminated far less of the road. This led to a really torrid and painfully slow drive in heavy rain around Ghodbunder on the way in - and it was totally frustrating. The Silverstar is the right mix for me, as far as I am concerned.
Where did you get the Silverstars from? Reading so many reviews, I'm really torn between these H4s, NB+, XV and the lot. I do not want to risk in the rain as it rains unexpectedly here. And I'm also afraid whether these low life NB+ / XV would strand my dad in the night. He cannot replace a bulb by himself.
Old 4th April 2014, 01:51   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Where did you get the Silverstars from? Reading so many reviews, I'm really torn between these H4s, NB+, XV and the lot. I do not want to risk in the rain as it rains unexpectedly here. And I'm also afraid whether these low life NB+ / XV would strand my dad in the night. He cannot replace a bulb by himself.
It was the earlier Nightbreakers that used to have poor life (about a year). I am told that the current generation of Nightbreaker+ has a much better life (it would take me at least 6 more months to verify this claim though). Having used XVs earlier, I can say that NB+ offers a much better illumination while offering a cooler beam.
Old 4th April 2014, 06:41   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Where did you get the Silverstars from? Reading so many reviews, I'm really torn between these H4s, NB+, XV and the lot.
I will vote for Philips Xtreme Vision over Osram Night Breaker+. The NB+ lated only for 4 months in my Ritz so had to revert to OEM. The Philips XV is a better set is bulb than the NB+. I felt a marked difference when I switched the lights ON the first time. Beam is spread flatter and even in Low Beam and the high beam has a wide yet sharper throw. The distance is longer in the Philips XV than Osram NB+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturist View Post
It was the earlier Nightbreakers that used to have poor life (about a year). I am told that the current generation of Nightbreaker+ has a much better life (it would take me at least 6 more months to verify this claim though). Having used XVs earlier, I can say that NB+ offers a much better illumination while offering a cooler beam.
I have a quiet opposite view on the osram NB+. But nevertheless good that it had performed well for you.

Anurag.
Old 4th April 2014, 09:17   #49
Team-BHP Support

Have been using NB+ for 2 years and 60k kms now. No issues. Impressed with these bulbs that provide better lighting with the same wattage, although not as good as the Rally eye 100/90 we had on the WagonR.
Old 6th April 2014, 10:33   #50
BHPian

Does anyone know if either Philips or Osram have H 15 bulbs? I've searched high and low (offline and online) and can't seem to get these for the high beam of the XUV 500. Help!
Old 7th April 2014, 14:37   #51

Hey guys,

I own a Skoda Octavia. I upgraded (apparently) to the Osram Nighbreakers (60/55w) last year. I would like to mention that apart from a partly white-ish throw, it does not do much good. Extremely useless on the highways and inadequate even on the city roads. My recommendation would be to NOT buy these.

I would like to get an upgrade soon (non-HD/xenons) but I do not know what to get and where.

Regards,

ElDiablo
Old 8th April 2014, 16:55   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldiablo View Post
Hey guys,

I own a Skoda Octavia. I upgraded (apparently) to the Osram Nighbreakers (60/55w) last year. I would like to mention that apart from a partly white-ish throw, it does not do much good. Extremely useless on the highways and inadequate even on the city roads. My recommendation would be to NOT buy these.

I would like to get an upgrade soon (non-HD/xenons) but I do not know what to get and where.

Regards,

ElDiablo
The beam performance might depend on the lamp type and the reflector setup for your headlamps. The Honda City takes in H4s and I am quite satisfied with the way the NB+ high beam performs on the highways. However, don't expect to drown those dual headlamps of oncoming trucks on the highways - you would need Hella Rallyes for that.

Depending on your need you may try out Philips Xtreme Vision - unlike the Nightbreakers the beam is not blue-tinted, so it might serve you better if you drive in very dusty conditions or in the fog / rains.
Old 8th April 2014, 17:35   #53
BHPian

I upgraded my high and low beam bulbs to Osram night breaker plus two years ago, Undoubtedly they are far better than the stock bulbs the car came with and are probably the single best upgrade that was done to the car after buying. Absolutely satisfied and recommended. Philips Extreme vision appeared to have too much of a blue bling hue to the light.
Old 8th April 2014, 18:18   #54
BANNED

A shade OT. I hear that now there is a NB Ultimate? Any idea about this.
Old 8th April 2014, 23:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
I upgraded my high and low beam bulbs to Osram night breaker plus two years ago, Undoubtedly they are far better than the stock bulbs the car came with and are probably the single best upgrade that was done to the car after buying. Absolutely satisfied and recommended. Philips Extreme vision appeared to have too much of a blue bling hue to the light.
Probably you are referring to the Philips Crystal Vision lamps which have the blue tint (colour temp of 4300K against 3250K for Night Breaker Plus)? The Xtreme Visions have the regular yellowish shade like the stock bulbs.
Old 8th April 2014, 23:58   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think you meant the NB Unlimited? Nope, I can see it listed on eBay India for 1900, but I am yet to come across it at our local Honda dealership (which stocks the NB+) or in the accessories shops.

Last edited by thefuturist : 9th April 2014 at 00:20.
Old 9th April 2014, 17:30   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Osram’s official site is not showing NB+. So looks like Osram has stopped the NB+ and replaced with new NB Unlimited. Decided to give it a shot after reading multiple reviews on TBHP. Most has recommended Osram over Philips. Checked at multiple accessory shops and Osram is not readily available. NB Unlimited was unknown to most of the shops.

So finally ordered the NB Unlimited on Ebay India for Rs. 1900 for a pair. The bulbs were delivered today Planning to replace the stock bulbs of my Swift in next two days.
Attached Thumbnails
Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?-20140409_171802.jpg  

Old 9th April 2014, 17:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
So finally ordered the NB Unlimited on Ebay India for Rs. 1900 for a pair. The bulbs were delivered today Planning to replace the stock bulbs of my Swift in next two days.
Will look forward to your views on after the replacement. I badly need to upgrade my 5+ years old bulbs.
Old 9th April 2014, 17:55   #59
BHPian

@Gannu_1 has already posted his impression of the Osram NB Unlimited on the below thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3378397
Hells_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 18:53   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Osram’s official site is not showing NB+. So looks like Osram has stopped the NB+ and replaced with new NB Unlimited. Decided to give it a shot after reading multiple reviews on TBHP. Most has recommended Osram over Philips. Checked at multiple accessory shops and Osram is not readily available. NB Unlimited was unknown to most of the shops.

So finally ordered the NB Unlimited on Ebay India for Rs. 1900 for a pair.
Pictures needed!

After a lot of confusion between the Osram and Philips bulb (Stock rating), I did plunge and buy the Philips Xtreme Vision. You can check for details in my review thread (Post No.: 168).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-blue-12.html

Waiting for a nice review of the bulbs.

Anurag.

Most Viewed