Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2015, 14:40   #106
BHPian

Re: Where to buy Osram Night Breakers ?!?

Thanks ..got the from a dealer in West delhi. Had to go all the way from Gurgaon to Delhi to get it, not too many people stock these. Should have bought them online.

Costed 2200/- paid
Old 8th September 2015, 23:58   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturist View Post
It was the earlier Nightbreakers that used to have poor life (about a year). I am told that the current generation of Nightbreaker+ has a much better life (it would take me at least 6 more months to verify this claim though). Having used XVs earlier, I can say that NB+ offers a much better illumination while offering a cooler beam.
Long pending Update: While the NB+ lamps offered excellent visibility, they lasted me a little over 16 months with one of the low beams conking off just before our Goa trip earlier this Feb. Since the NB+ has now been discontinued, I was left with no option but to order the NB Unlimited from eBay for a little over 1700 bucks. While the illumination is excellent as the lamps are brighter than the NB+, I soon found out that the high beams are pretty useless as the beam points upwards at an angle of 10 - 15 degrees rather than being level . This was exactly the same reason why I really hated the Philips Xtreme Visions on my Swift - while the manufacturer's intention is to get a longer beam, no amount of fiddling with the headlamp leveler can get you a level beam when you have 5 people and a boot full of luggage on board.

Since I had replaced the lamps myself, I got the focus checked at the Honda dealership and they found no issues with the leveling. I had to suffer royally during my night drive to Karwar with the high beam pointing at the trees and a 20 meter patch of darkness ahead of me. I really wish that Osram would get the classic NB+ back someday.
thefuturist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 07:34   #108
BHPian

People. My personal experience after doing over 7000kms (which included nearly 4500km of night driving through treacherous terrain) over the last 3 weeks has been an eye-opener.
I had Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H4 100/90 Halogens on my Gangsta. Realised that the illumination was very poor. The color of light has definitely to do with it in terms of the wavelength. Even in fairweather conditions, the lighting was appalling. I had to rely completely upon my auxiliary driving lamps.
During the trip, the relay fuses used to get damaged often, and luckily the spare fuses helped.
Upon return, I decided to switch back to Philips 100/90 Halogens. Lo and behold, when I opened up the headlamp bulbs, there were bulges on both the NB bulbs. Pathetic performance and longevity considering they were not too old!
Once I installed the Philips bulbs, the lighting was excellent!
Will not recommend the NBs for people who drive mostly at night on highways and the treacherous roads.
The standard halogens will do just perfect.
Warm regards and safe driving.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 08:14   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
Once I installed the Philips bulbs, the lighting was excellent! Will not recommend the NBs for people who drive mostly at night on highways and the treacherous roads.
+1.

I have been using various bulbs like:

1) Osram NB (60/55W) - One of the bulbs used to fuse regularly;

2) Philips XV (60/55W) - Fused once after a long use but couldn't get a replacement bulb so had to upgrade my lighting.

3) Philips rally (100/90W) + wiring harness - Excellent bulb that hasn't fused at all in the last 15K kms that I have been using.

Was apprehensive on performance of the Philips bulbs but I am now confident and do recommend these bulbs to all.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 19:53   #110
BHPian

I have just ordered a pair of Osram NB Unlimited 60/55W H4s from Snapdeal at 1850, hoping it would be better than Bosch H4 silverlights.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks