Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 09:58   #1306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys,any idea if Stebel Nautilius is back in the market?The particular shop I had got them from earlier now says that's its very rarely that stock of Stebel comes.
Any leads to places where I can surely find it?

The Nautilius is an amazing horn,comes really handy in shooing away busses,autos,100cc bikers and cycles.
Got Nautilus for my i20 two weeks back. Even I was told that nowadays the Nautilus is becoming scarce in the market. However I was lucky that this shop had the stock. I also have the same in my WagonR as well and it is working without any issues for almost 4 years! Costed me Rs.1400 + Rs.600 (Installation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi all,

I have been using Hella Red grill for the last 6years (2years in indica and 4 years in swift)

I replaced the old hella with a new one a month back and the sound wasnt loud enough as it used to be.I thought it must be because of the weak battery and last week battery died and i replaced it but still the sharpness is missing .

My friends polo has a hella and that sounds sharp,what could be the problem? horns are mounted in the same place as my earlier horns ie..one behind each for lamp.

Chris I too installed Steble in my swift three years back and you will not believe it,it died off just in a month though it was well insulated from water and it not that loud as the forum says (may be my piece was a faulty one).So it was a Rs 800 waste !!
Apologies for the delay in reply. The Nautilus is working like charm for 4+ years in my WagonR. Last week installed the same for my new i20 as well. Incase you want a genuine one in Chennai, you can get it at Speed Freaks, Anna Nagar. They even provide 6 months warranty on the same and added to that, the installation is done perfectly here. Total cost Rs.1400 (for the horn) + Rs.600 (for installation)

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote option to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts. Thanks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th March 2013 at 15:51. Reason: Posts merged.
Chris_Xtreme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:15   #1307
Senior - BHPian

re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
On our trip to Pune we were in a my dzire and other family members in a swift VDI. The swift's OE horns gave trouble so we fitted a Bosh windtone horn. My dzire still has the OE Hella horn.

Now there is this app that can measure the sound pressure levels in dB. so we tried this simple test to measure the difference in the two horns. Here is the pic of the test conditions both cars placed on open ground in a relatively quiet place ( a hospital)
Sorry for Nitpicking,i hope you are aware,that Hospital's are No Honking zones
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:20   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Any idea where I can get a Dukes of Hazzard type horn in Bangalore? I want to have this as an auxiliary horn, not as my main horn.
Old 23rd March 2013, 18:03   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Name:  ForumRunner_20130323_175600.png
Views: 5545
Size:  723.5 KB

The OE hellas on my swift started sounding wierd.I always loved the ones that came in the vw cars.Got myself a pair.Brand Seger.Sounds close to the vw ones.Total damage 950 INR including installation.Special thanks to bhpian StrangeWizard for helping me out.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th April 2013 at 12:01. Reason: formatting corrected
Old 25th March 2013, 19:28   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Strange that they had the same power output of 61 dB. I dont know what the other lines are in the sound meter but 61 is the max and coincided with horn blowing
The app clearly says that max dB measured is limited with the hardware, hence whatever the sound is louder that reading may not cross the hardware max dB
Old 27th March 2013, 15:48   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Installed hella redgrill on my swift yesterday. Initially I was disappointed as it didn't sound loud from inside. But noticed that two wheelers were moving aside quickly if the horn is pressed for more than couple of seconds. Reason: it sounds shrilling from outside very effective indeed!
Yes, the red grills are excellent and not very loud as well.

After i got these horns installed on my car, i tested them from inside with the windows rolled up and while standing a few feet away in front of the car. And boy, it is pretty effective.

I rarely honk and when i do, it is just a tap to warn others or make my presence known. Only pesky auto's and irritating lane splitting bikers get an earful, that too after multiple taps on the horn button have gone in vain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a pair of Roots Vibrasonic (dual) horns which i removed from my esteem before selling it.

Power Horns!-roots-vibrasonic.jpg

The horns were barely used since the relay that was used to connect the horns went kaput a few months or a year after the horns were installed.

Last month i wanted to add these to my new Ritz but luckily i checked them before getting them installed on the car and they sounded out of tune / weak.

So I got the Hella Red Grills (made in India) instead. I did not want to mess with the electricals by adding a relay etc. so just swapped the stock dual horns with the twin red grills.

I was thinking of giving away the vibrasonic's but want to get them serviced first.

Can anyone please suggest a good electrician / expert in Bangalore who can tune / service these horns?

Last edited by n_aditya : 27th March 2013 at 15:54.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:40   #1312

Guys need a small clarification, yesterday on my way back to Bangalore my Figo s OEM horns went kaput near dharmapuri so went to a local accessory shop there who fitted the roots vibrosonic horns in a different location with a completely new wiring as he was not able to easily access the location of oem horns, he suggested as he was not using the existing oem wiring a relay was not required
So friends have this doubt as to whether i still need to use a relay or not
Old 4th May 2013, 20:05   #1313
BHPian

My OEM Aveo horns when over used in a day sounded funny at times, I think one of the dual horns did not work randomly at times, finally I decided to get them changed and went to Bosch Service Center to get Bosche Symphony

MRP Rs 627.00
Total Cost of install Rs 739.00

City Car Care
10/57 Kirti Nagar, Industrial Area
New Delhi
Pin Code: 110 015
Delhi
Contact Person: Mr.Parvinder Singh
Mobile: 9891743409
Alternate Phone: 011 45074508 / 41424191
Mail Id: citycarzcare@hotmail.com
Web site: www.mericar.com\citycarz\

The mechanic who came up looked like a road side mechanic, he did not open the bumper completely just opened the bonnet, unscrewed 6 screws slid his hand inside the grill and removed the OEM horns, took out the Bosch horns slid his hands inside again and changed the horns. He had two wire couplers which he bought along, removed my OEM water proof couplers, cut the wire and attached those couplers to new Bosch horns.

I did not like the services at all but as horn was working fine I was satisfied, I used the horn to the full in my 1 hour drive back home and when I was almost back home they too started acting funny.

Now 9 out of 10 times both horn work but once or twice only one works

Kindly advise what can be done
Old 4th May 2013, 21:48   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pc_2425 View Post
Guys need a small clarification, yesterday on my way back to Bangalore my Figo s OEM horns went kaput near dharmapuri so went to a local accessory shop there who fitted the roots vibrosonic horns in a different location with a completely new wiring as he was not able to easily access the location of oem horns, he suggested as he was not using the existing oem wiring a relay was not required
So friends have this doubt as to whether i still need to use a relay or not
Always better to fix a relay when fitting additional electrical fittings, like horn and lights. I suggest getting it done on your car.
The original horn is just above the fog lamp behind the bumper and that needs to be removed to access it.

I do not think you can replace the OEM horn with any other apart from a OEM horn itself on a Figo.
Old 5th May 2013, 06:51   #1315
BHPian

I need to buy a new horn for my Scorpio. Can anyone suggest where can I get a new pair of Minda Trumpet DIA 90 at Hyderabad? Thanks in advance.
Old 5th May 2013, 11:02   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Sorry for Nitpicking,i hope you are aware,that Hospital's are No Honking zones
Sorry for nitpicking your nitpick, but it is "hospitals". There is no apostrophe, for plurals.

Can someone suggest a good horn for a motorcycle? Something loud enough while still sounding like a motorcycle, unlike the REs with car horns.

Thanks!

Last edited by hellmet : 5th May 2013 at 11:03.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 16:59   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I bought Roots Windtone Horns for my Figo for Rs.560/- against MRP of 600+ at
Lucky Auto Centre
21/7, Lalitha Building, A.M.Road,
Near J.C.Road, Bangalore
Do you think this specific horn will be too loud for a two wheeler? Secondly, does this shop guy helps in connecting it?
Old 7th May 2013, 18:19   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post

Do you think this specific horn will be too loud for a two wheeler? Secondly, does this shop guy helps in connecting it?
No its not too loud, its pleasant tone. The shop only sells and does not fit. You need to get it fixed at any local auto electrical guy. I paid 150/- for fixing
Old 19th May 2013, 01:19   #1319
BHPian

Is it a bad idea to solder the wires instead of twisting them together and covering them with tape? (The idea is to wire a pair of Bosch Trumpets to a scoother for a bit of highway use)

Unlike last time, I got a 4 pin relay which it has numbers on it. Can someone confirm if this is correct?

85- Battery -
86- Original horn + re-routed through the switch
87- Horn
30- Battery +
Old 19th May 2013, 12:54   #1320
BHPian

Finally got Roots Windtone for Rs. 480 and changed the location of horns also in my scorpio. We extended the original cable and fitted the horns right under the bonnet lock. Now I can change the horns easily if needed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks