Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2013, 19:46   #1291
BHPian

Installed hella redgrill on my swift yesterday. Initially I was disappointed as it didn't sound loud from inside. But noticed that two wheelers were moving aside quickly if the horn is pressed for more than couple of seconds. Reason: it sounds shrilling from outside
very effective indeed!
Old 18th January 2013, 13:07   #1292
BHPian

re: Power Horns!

Guys any idea from where I can buy original PIAA horns here in Bangalore? I am particularly looking for "PIAA Slim Sports Horn"

Vijay
Old 26th January 2013, 02:06   #1293
Senior - BHPian

I just installed the Minda trumpets on monday. They are quite nice and loud but not offensive. I had the Roots windtones earlier which were lying in my car after they were used for 2 months in my previous car. When I went to fit them in this car, one of them had conked off!

I paid 550/- for the Minda horn and 100/- for the Minda relay. I would like to sample the Hella and Bosch trumpets too.

I would also like to go with a very shrill and irritating second horn for the highway and the irritating rickshaws. Does anyone know how it can be done? Do i need another relay or can it go through the same one?
Old 19th February 2013, 17:33   #1294
BHPian

Just Fitted a Bosch Symphony @ G.P Road for 750/- including installations . It was fited directly after removing the OEM horns on my Figo . Does Figo come with a single horn ? I think the set had two Bosch Horns . But he installed only one . (Confused)
Old 19th February 2013, 22:03   #1295
BHPian

Bosch Symphony comes with 2 trumpets, if that is what you meant. Refer back a few posts/pages - I've posted pics of the same horns installed on my Santro.
Old 20th February 2013, 00:23   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

Fitted Hella twintones on my car almost a month back. The fitting is done on the dog bar (?) as I did NOT want it inside the bumper on navigator side. The open space of the trumpets are facing sideways. Today washed the car and now the sound has reasonably come down! Will have it re-arranged downwards next time I go to A$$!

Hope it starts working well after drying up! I do NOT know how did water go inside it though!
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:22   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Guys,any idea if Stebel Nautilius is back in the market?The particular shop I had got them from earlier now says that's its very rarely that stock of Stebel comes.
Any leads to places where I can surely find it?

The Nautilius is an amazing horn,comes really handy in shooing away busses,autos,100cc bikers and cycles.
Old 7th March 2013, 19:08   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Alright I've got a Kizashi and really want to change the horn since I dont find the pitch in accordance to the car () My requirements are a decently loud horn not the loudest but definitely has to blow whoever I honk at out of the way could anyone suggest a list of products that I ought to look at?
Old 13th March 2013, 00:23   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Alright I've got a Kizashi and really want to change the horn since I dont find the pitch in accordance to the car () My requirements are a decently loud horn not the loudest but definitely has to blow whoever I honk at out of the way could anyone suggest a list of products that I ought to look at?

I use Hella Red Grills on both my cars !! Does its intended work quite well
This is how they look like in close upPower Horns!-072a.jpg

and this is the fitting processPower Horns!-071a.jpg
ultimatechamp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 00:49   #1300
BHPian

Hi all, while reading this thread on horns one thought passed my mind. Are there any car horn with user selectable multi-tones just like mobile phon ringtones?
Best regards
S.Sanyal
Old 13th March 2013, 15:09   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyal779 View Post
Hi all, while reading this thread on horns one thought passed my mind. Are there any car horn with user selectable multi-tones just like mobile phon ringtones?
Best regards
S.Sanyal
Well, the Horns do not come with different tones, but you can add a musical cut-out. This musical cut-out has 3-5different types of tones and you can select any one of them on the cut-out. The cutout can be placed under the dash.
Old 13th March 2013, 15:21   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyspikey View Post
Just Fitted a Bosch Symphony @ G.P Road for 750/- including installations . It was fited directly after removing the OEM horns on my Figo . Does Figo come with a single horn ? I think the set had two Bosch Horns . But he installed only one . (Confused)
He would have installed only one since the Figo has wiring for only one. I have a Figo bought in August '12 and it has only one horn. Did he hand over the other horn?

Also, wouldn't one horn sound terrible?
Old 13th March 2013, 15:29   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Well, the Horns do not come with different tones, but you can add a musical cut-out. This musical cut-out has 3-5different types of tones and you can select any one of them on the cut-out. The cutout can be placed under the dash.
Are you talking about the ones that lorries and buses use?
I would love to get hold of one that gives a few notes musical tone as horn.
Old 13th March 2013, 15:34   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post

Are you talking about the ones that lorries and buses use?
I would love to get hold of one that gives a few notes musical tone as horn.
No no, not lorry's horns - they are air horns. If your car has a set of horns (1+1) like Bosh Symphony or Roots windtone, you can ask a musical cut out which makes the horns to blow musically.

Just ask some cab driver to show demo of musical cutout, coz many cabbies have them installed in their cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyspikey View Post
Does Figo come with a single horn ?
Figo comes with single horn and not even a dog hears that sound on road. Hence I changed to Roots Windtones. The Auto electrician cut the wire to attach second horn.

Last edited by HighOctane : 13th March 2013 at 15:37.
Old 21st March 2013, 11:23   #1305
Senior - BHPian

On our trip to Pune we were in a my dzire and other family members in a swift VDI. The swift's OE horns gave trouble so we fitted a Bosh windtone horn. My dzire still has the OE Hella horn.

Now there is this app that can measure the sound pressure levels in dB. so we tried this simple test to measure the difference in the two horns. Here is the pic of the test conditions both cars placed on open ground in a relatively quiet place ( a hospital)Power Horns!-dsc00620.jpg

Then I pressed the horn button for a sec one after the other, and this is what the app showed IN BOTH CARS.Power Horns!-dsc00621.jpg

Strange that they had the same power output of 61 dB. I dont know what the other lines are in the sound meter but 61 is the max and coincided with horn blowing

Last edited by goandude : 21st March 2013 at 11:31.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks