Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2011, 13:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Impulse

My close friend and brother got delivery of his orange impulse on Saturday. I must say i was very impressed with the looks and its ability to go offroad or in our case portholes. I did find the exhaust not a let down but i dont expect a rumble from a single cylinder. All in all i really enjoyed the bike and now we are ordering one more.
Old 5th December 2011, 19:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
My close friend and brother got delivery of his orange impulse on Saturday. I must say i was very impressed with the looks and its ability to go offroad or in our case portholes. I did find the exhaust not a let down but i dont expect a rumble from a single cylinder. All in all i really enjoyed the bike and now we are ordering one more.
the overall comfort over potholes is really good. did u try taking it on a hilly trail too ?
Old 5th December 2011, 21:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Here are a few pictures that i managed to click.
Hmmm, the Tail-Lamp looks like a straight lift from the revamped Hunk. While I observe that the front disc has been shifted to the left side of the bike while most bikes(except Suzuki) had their discs on the right side up until now.
Anyone know any benefits of this practice?
BTW, Engine Kill switch alteast on this bike from the Hero Group?
Old 6th December 2011, 10:07   #49
BHPian

I love offroading and I am highly impressed from this bike. I have made my mind for Impulse but it has not yet arrived in my town (Jodhpur, RJ) and the local dealer guy told me that it is expected to come by Dec end or Jan beginning. The closest town within my state is Jaipur which is aprox 370 Km far and do not want to ride a bike on continue strech of this long.

While I was understanding the finanace option at the dealer, it was HDFC bank and the intrest rate he told me was 13.4% flat rate for 2 years loan . So finally I have decided to by it in cash.

Now waiting for the bike to come at the local dealer so I can by one. I will go with the blue or black colour.

Any idea when should I expect the bike in my 3 tier categorized town, it is hard to wait .
Old 6th December 2011, 11:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
the overall comfort over potholes is really good. did u try taking it on a hilly trail too ?
My friend is fond of the Dirt bike look and hence he bought it for a 3 km ride from home to work, our city is enough to make you feel like your offroading. When i get the other bike it will be kept at the farm and used for a bit of offroading. I am not a professional rider just a novice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
So finally I have decided to by it in cash.

Now waiting for the bike to come at the local dealer so I can by one. I will go with the blue or black colour.

Any idea when should I expect the bike in my 3 tier categorized town, it is hard to wait .
Its easier buying the bikes by paying the money upfront. Please talk to your dealer and tell him you will pay up front, he would be able to organise your bike in a weeks time, since it has to come from the plant to Jodhpur. We were told a Month and since we payed the full amount got the bike in 3 days fully registered. The second bike also would be the same way. The orange, blue look good, the green to an extent looks good the red and black look very bad. In Bombay the red and black are immidiate deliveries.

Last edited by speedy : 6th December 2011 at 11:07.
Old 7th December 2011, 09:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Initial reports say that this is indeed a good bike. Wish they hand plonked in the Karishmas engine or atleast give an option in future.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:40   #52
BANNED

And I am waiting for "someone" to approach me for planting a big bore kit on this bike to out perform the Karizma as well.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:42   #53
BHPian

The bike looks cool! It has quite a tall seating position. Only wished it had head lights like the fz or duke monster, They would have completed the profile quite well. These lights look heavily inspired from the HH passion family.
Old 7th December 2011, 23:32   #54
BHPian

The bike looks big in flesh (in a off-road bike way). Not a great looker IMO, but does look purposeful. Anybody less than 5.81/2 height will not be able to rest both their feet flat on ground sitting on the bike. Could not get a TD today, was promised one after 3 days. It is light weight at 140 kgs as I was told by the sales guy. 150 cc and 13 bhp power, priced at 80K OTR in Bangalore it is expensive IMHO.
Old 8th December 2011, 19:14   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
It is light weight at 140 kgs as I was told by the sales guy.
The correct weight should be 119.1 KG. 140 KG is a way too much for an off road bike with 150 CC engine.

Happy on/off roading!!!
Old 10th December 2011, 00:24   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertKing View Post
The correct weight should be 119.1 KG. 140 KG is a way too much for an off road bike with 150 CC engine.

Happy on/off roading!!!
DK,
Rightly said 140kgs is too much for an offroad bike. Since the chassis system is entirely steel the weight adds up to 140 kgs easily. In case proper MX bike of aluminium being used the weight is around 100 kgs. The suspension isnt strong enough to take jumps.Non competitive mild offroading is very much possible. Really happy that hero has started a new revolution.
Old 10th December 2011, 18:02   #57
BHPian

I happened to vist Hero Moto corp showroom (Prakash Motors, JC road) today to take a look at Hero Impulse.

And here it is how Impulse looked at me ,

Overall look: Amazing, bike screams attitude and your heart screams for holidays to ride it to country side.

Closer look: Not impressive, you can see welded joints on chassis which is a eye sore, wires hanging out as they were not tucked properly as they should be.

Riding position: Very comfortable (I just sat on the bike and did not ride it though), I am 5.8" and I had to swing my leg really wide and high to get the bike between my legs and once you sit on it the way the front and rear suspensions settle down is amazing, that gives it really a premium bike feel.

The best part of the bike that I liked is tail end in between the grab rails, which is specifically designed to carry cargo (tail bags, or grocery bags), you can see in the pic as it reads cargo limit 7.0 KG's.

Front disk brake fluid pipe runs across the handle bar (shown in pic 1 & 2) as the front disk is mounted on the left hand side of the fork, this is something that should have been taken care of. Not sure why is disk not mounted on right hand side of the fork which could have saved this mess, any ideas why???
Attached Thumbnails
Hero Impulse-imag0646.jpg  

Hero Impulse-imag0647.jpg  

Hero Impulse-imag0649.jpg  

Hero Impulse-imag0650.jpg  

Hero Impulse-imag0645.jpg  

Hero Impulse-imag0648.jpg  

Old 10th December 2011, 18:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
I happened to vist Hero Moto corp showroom (Prakash Motors, JC road) today to take a look at Hero Impulse.

And here it is how Impulse looked at me ,
Hero stick to their No Engine Kill Switch principle again.
I notice a naked chain, a first for Hero Bikes IIRC. Didn't you go on a TD?

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2011 at 10:41. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire long message. Better to quote only the relevant bits
Old 10th December 2011, 22:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Didn't you go on a TD?
I did not test drive the bike, TD was available but by the time I went to showroom rest of the guys were out for lunch.
Old 10th December 2011, 23:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I believe that the number plate will be something that most people who buy this bike will end up removing. I guess a sticker across the visor or something will be the best alternative.
But now with HSRP coming into play, I don't know what'll happen to all of those R15s with stickers on the visor up front for the number plate.

Most Viewed