Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 23:05   #1
BHPian

Hero Impulse

hello ppl... wanted to know your views on the 'Hero MotoCorp's new dirt bike " Impulse" . I'm impressed by its looks but will it be good driving on indian roads. ? Basically will it be worth buying ?
vinod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 23:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hero Impulse

Even i am pretty impressed by the looks at least.
wish they had put at least a Karizma engine instead of 150cc
Old 10th August 2011, 00:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Do they have an official page on details of this bike?
Old 10th August 2011, 01:42   #4
BHPian

Nope, but just check out this link. Looks pretty impressive, not the sissy-looking actor, but the macho bike behind him

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : Hero MotoCorp to set up two new plants
Attached Images

Last edited by Leepower : 10th August 2011 at 01:51.
Leepower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 05:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

IMPULSE.

Well atleast the name sounds better than glamour,DAWN,AChiever, pleasure,Joy.

Bike seems to be limited to taller riders

But what on earth does naming a 110cc scooter - Maestro mean?

IMHO they should have a better company logo , and hire the Ad agency who do ad's for BAJAJ.
Old 10th August 2011, 07:47   #6
BHPian

Is it me or the font in the background banner looks very close to the pulsar font on the Bajaj bike?
Slick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 07:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a re badged Honda NXR Bros (Is the Honda NXR Bros the dirt bike Hero MotoCorp is planning to launch? | IndianCarsBikes.in) , and if the engine is same as in the Brazilian counterpart, then the bike really ticks many boxes for me

Waiting to have a Test Ride of this bike.

Last edited by theexperthand : 10th August 2011 at 08:00.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:03   #8
BHPian

Isn't Bajaj had been there, done that ?

Bajaj Endura : Bajaj SX Enduro | Bajaj Bikes Reviews | The Top Bikes

No wonder why, invention of the century is Piilastic/Fiber.
Use the same engine, give it a new name, change the fiber moldings and get a new product.

So many Rx100s are already running with Endura kind of setup.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
IMPULSE.

IMHO they should have a better company logo , and hire the Ad agency who do ad's for BAJAJ.
Agree with you .. name does sound way better than others. Maestro means being skillfull.. Hero basically intends to establish a scooter only for men but god knows why they hired Irfan pathan as its brand ambassador.
And yeah, hope they get 'pulsar mania' type ads instead of riding it in random caves or jumping of cliffs :P
Old 10th August 2011, 09:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

@nomadabhi: yes, Bajaj have been there, done that - but imho, the bike was ahead of its time and died a premature death.

I feel the impulse is a more complete product than the SX Enduro (provided it comes with the same motor which it uses in Brazil)

As far as I see, this is not just a fiber moldings change - the rear have got a mono shock (first Hero bike with a mono shock), long travel front suspension and more importantly, this bike comes with a wire wheel, not alloy - which shows this bike does means business.

I will reserve my comments on the engine front till Hero reviles more about engine - I dearly hope this will not be same engine in CBZ-Xtreme, but the engine which Honda NXR Bros have in Brazil.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
IMPULSE.

Ha ha you forgot to mention "the Hunk"..i mean who in the right senses would like to tell their friend that he rides a hunk. oops! .

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@nomadabhi: yes, Bajaj have been there, done that - but imho, the bike was ahead of its time and died a premature death.

I feel the impulse is a more complete product than the SX Enduro (provided it comes with the same motor which it uses in Brazil)

As far as I see, this is not just a fiber moldings change - the rear have got a mono shock (first Hero bike with a mono shock), long travel front suspension and more importantly, this bike comes with a wire wheel, not alloy - which shows this bike does means business.

I will reserve my comments on the engine front till Hero reviles more about engine - I dearly hope this will not be same engine in CBZ-Xtreme, but the engine which Honda NXR Bros have in Brazil.
You are bang on right on the enduro. Also wasn't that a two stroke bike? The bike was a right bike at the wrong time. With such poor Indian road conditions i wont be surprised if the impulse becomes a hit even in rural areas.

Although i am very sure that hero corp wont use the Brazilian mill as the main purpose of that mill is off roading while hero might be looking for something more on city and highway tourer.

Last edited by konjaril : 10th August 2011 at 10:23.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:48   #12
BHPian

Yep endura was a 2 stroker.
YBX, Samurai, Max 100 were some of the lot that is still famous and in demand at agricultural/rural areas.

Regarding Mono-shock! HH should have come up with one long back (atleast in ZMR)

Hope that they get the brazilian one as you guys expect and no fooling around this time.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:26   #13
BHPian

I like it very much. The only thing i do not like is the 150 cc configuration. It could be a perfect choice for a cross country bike considering how bad our roads are. Therefore a high ground clearance, hi torque at low rpm bike is brilliant. But the weakness again will be the 150cc engine.

i just hope it is tough enough to do what it is meant to do, that is go off roading.

I wish Hero Moto had given us buyers the choice of buying it in 150, 200 or 225-250 cc trim.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:44   #14
BHPian

The name caught my attention. I think HH is hoping that people buy this on 'Impulse'. I say this because,
a. I do not see this being used by office going junta (majority of HH customers).
b. This is not a daily use bike maybe for college going crowd only. But i think college guys are too spoilt with R15's, ZMA's and what not.

I wonder if Impulse would be able to set the sales charts on fire for HH. Atleast the name doesnt make you cringe. As rightly pointed out by Slick, the font is too close to Pulsar. Shows their desperation for a hit product considering Honda will be leaving them (high an dry) soon.

Last edited by mac187 : 10th August 2011 at 11:48.
Old 10th August 2011, 12:10   #15
BHPian

I am really surprised to see this Bike from HeroMoto at this point of time.

I am happy because its a very brave move at this point of time from the company when there are going through a break up from a such a successfull partnership with Honda. This bike will not be for masses for obvious reasons and since HeroMoto has been so engrossed in Mass Market bikes for the last couple of years, this move at this time really excites me.

I hope they have similar surprises in store for us in the coming few years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks