Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 20:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (9500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
First many congrats again on getting the Classic. Even I was positively surprised by the pick up when I rode it for first time in Delhi. I'm sure you'll enjoy many miles to come.

BTW wanted to ask both you and Nikhil, how come both your bikes don't have leg guards. Leg Guards are standard as per law and companies give it as OEM. Do get your leg guards. Its a must have on a heavy bike like the bullet.

Actually no because the domestic model doesn't come with lambda sensor so
air-fuel ratio change according to outside oxygen level doesn't happen. I would say that should be the first mod you should do!

Cheers
Yes you are right,it doesnt have an O2 sensor,but from what i have heard/read,the FI has been calibrated to perform flawlessly even at 18K feet above sea level,so riding at high alttitudes wont create any problems.
And yes,bikes come without leg guards,its an optional extra.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 4th January 2012 at 20:46.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:14   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mobike. May you and and the Maroon Marauder ride each other well.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 01:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
And yes,bikes come without leg guards,its an optional extra.
+1 to what you say Akshay. Leg Guard is optional and doesnot come as OEM. I have been to showroom thrice, they ate out of stock and expect stock in a week. I am not willing to buy one from Ramkote as am skeptial about their quality. There used to be a shop opposite to ACP Office, Ramkote, who used to stock original RE Spares. His shop no more there, guess its shifted somewhere. Wish I could find him again.

If Showroom guys don't get the stock this weekend, I shall buy one from Shyamal's Cousin's Shop. Atleast, I can be at ease that he would not give me inferior ones.
Old 5th January 2012, 02:41   #19
BHPian

Congrats Avi, been waiting to read your ownership report. What are the extras you planning on? Hope the mod on exhaust is on the cards first
kraft.wagen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 05:25   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

mobike008
Congratulations! I can tell from your posts that you already love it.

About the footpegs: These can be adjusted to three different positions by loosening the two nuts that hold them on.

One of the three positions may be more suited to your likes. If not, you'll become accustom to them after getting a few more km on it.

Enjoy the ride!
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 09:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

@mobike008, congratulations for your MM, hope you have many more miles of thumping,
may be i will too get my Desert storm this week and will the share the experience too,
about the riding position, even i am convinced that my current Thunderbird is more comfortable than the other RE bikes in terms of seating position since i am 6'2"
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 10:17   #22
BHPian

WoW !! Avinash welcome to the Thump club . My TBTs has been riding flawless since 2 yrs and eagerly waiting for 500cc EFI in TBTS . anyways love the chrome design on the tank and given an option i will readily change to a chrome tank in my TBTS.

Ride safe .
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 10:27   #23
BHPian

Congrats Avinash, you own my dream bike now. What a beauty, hope the chrome stays the way it is in the years to come. Keep updating your experience with the MM...
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 12:55   #24
BHPian

So the ownership thread is up!!! Congrats once again Avi. Sorely missing the more pictures.

As discussed, all FI bikes need to have minimum fuel for the fuel pump to operate, similar to all our FI cars. I agree with you on the Fuel Indicator, My Ninja also has the low fuel warning lamp it sucks.

Looking forward to meeting your Steely classic on the Sunday maiden ride.

As always Ride long...Ride safe.
downsouth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 15:11   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
And the Pulsar stays?
Yes, it stays for sure. Pulsar is used for my daily gym rides and Bullet for those special rides ( as in Jan 8th one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Congrats
That;s one nice exhaustive review
Even i got similar one last month in december.
Great Akshay...How about some pictures? No ownership thread yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Do get the up-swept silencer. For 3K, it worth. Got plans to add other accessories? Careful with the kick start job
Upswept is definetly on cards and as per RE it also increases FE apart from making the THUMP sound better (louder) and it costs Rs.2900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel9999 View Post
Congratulations Avi Bhai for that super report. I am now truly in a quandry about whether to get my Electra from Vizag or go in for a new CL 500 myself. I spoke to the manager at RE Hyderabad and he 'assured' me that I will be able to get one 'within 5 months' :(

I am checking with the Vizag dealer now. Let us see if one more CL 500 joins the gang.
Thanks Mahesh. I say go for CL500 immediately. One for our rides in Hyderabad and Electra for your occassional visits to Vizag. What say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
My suggestions -

1) Do not change the silencer, the long straight looks far better than the angular one.

2) Make it a single seater.

3) One through with the Run In period get the cat cons removed from the silencer to the old CI thump.

4) Be on a look out for a nice butchy & heavy knee guard.

Happy Motoring !!
Thanks Torquedo. Some queries

1. Why you feel I should stick to stock silencer?

2. Removing cat cons from existing silencer will increase the THUMP sound? I didnt know that

3. Would love to remove the pillion seat but, I am still thinking....

4. I hate knee guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
One of the three positions may be more suited to your likes. If not, you'll become accustom to them after getting a few more km on it.Enjoy the ride!
Thanks Jim for the wishes and input. I will check if footpegs can be moved as you mentioned.

btw, a close pal lives in Chandler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
WoW !! Avinash welcome to the Thump club . My TBTs has been riding flawless since 2 yrs and eagerly waiting for 500cc EFI in TBTS . anyways love the chrome design on the tank and given an option i will readily change to a chrome tank in my TBTS.
Ride safe .
Thanks Arjuna. Let the TBTS meet the Maroon Marauder on Jan 8th

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
So the ownership thread is up!!! Congrats once again Avi. Sorely missing the more pictures. Looking forward to meeting your Steely classic on the Sunday maiden ride.
Thanks Chetan. I too look forward to introduce the bull to baby kwacker on Jan 8th.

You wished for more pictures, so here it is taken by Traveloholic and sorry about the noise as that place was quite dark with only couple of street lights nearby. Enjoy !!!
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0241.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0244.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0201.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0181.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0213.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0187.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0205.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0222.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0227.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0229.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th January 2012 at 15:17.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 15:18   #26
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008

Thanks Torquedo. Some queries

1. Why you feel I should stick to stock silencer?

2. Removing cat cons from existing silencer will increase the THUMP sound? I didnt know that

3. Would love to remove the pillion seat but, I am still thinking....

4. I hate knee guards
Mobike, my responses -

1) As I stated earlier, it looks better, you might have a different taste though.

2) I have been chasing my local RE dealer for a while now, from what I have gathered by his inputs is; removal of the cat cons would help, I have read the same somewhere on the other forums/website.

3) Try the single seater option once and see if it works for you.

4) Be careful on the turns

Cheers Mate.

Last edited by Torquedo : 5th January 2012 at 15:22.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 15:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You wished for more pictures, so here it is taken by Traveloholic and sorry about the noise as that place was quite dark with only couple of street lights nearby. Enjoy !!!
I could have reduced the noise to a larger extent, albiet I had time to do it. My Internet went kaput and so did my plans of reducing the noise. As we were in a low light zone, I bumped up the ISO and planned to reduce the noise later. However, my system acted crazy and internet went kaput :(
Old 5th January 2012, 15:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Mobike008
I am too lazy for an ownership report
Here is mine,just 512 kms on odo since dec 14-its too cold and foggy up here
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-chrome.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-vb.jpg  

akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 16:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
I could have reduced the noise to a larger extent, albiet I had time to do it.(
I knew, you would not believe me. Seeing is believing is all I know. Reduced the noise of selected pics.

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0181.jpg

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0205.jpg

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0227.jpg

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_0241.jpg
traveloholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 16:50   #30
BHPian

Errr...I did not mean these pics, I need those high-res ones where we get blinded by the chrome. It looks real classy in the evening . I saw a black chrome last evening, looked great too.

Does the grime from hands get on the chrome easily??? How are you planning on keeping it stain free any radical wax or polish out there?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks