Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 23:22   #91
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield TBTS 500 unveiled EDIT Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Recently contacted the RE dealer in Delhi to check TBTS 500 availability, I was told it will be available from August.

Well, knowing RE, the launch of TBTS 500 may be further delayed. The wait is on !!
Some time back I checked in Bangalore and those guys had no clue on TBTS 500 release date.

Tomorrow I am visiting one of RE's showroom and will check with them.
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

I have got a chance to have hands on a TBTS 500. it is a kerela registered model kept in RE service center in Lucknow.
even got one piece of information that RE has stopped taking fresh bookings of TBTS 350 and the news is that the TBTS 350 will also come in the same avatar as TBTS500.

even one guy confirmed me that he was asked to change his booking to new TBTS 350 coming with TBTS 500 looks
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:54   #93
BHPian

Unconfirmed reports state that TBTS 500 will be launched on October 11.
Old 3rd October 2012, 18:06   #94
BHPian

During one of my visits to RE showroom, I had put in an request to call back with details on TBTS 500 into their drop box. I got a call couple of days later and the Sales guy mentioned about Nov-Dec as possible delivery. Didnt really have a clue about the launch happening here in Kerala though !
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:17   #95
BHPian

Last piece of news that I'd heard was that RE won't be launching TBTS 500 in near future cos of the production constraints.
I doubt they've sorted the problems this soon since the CL 350's and 500's still have a waiting period around 6 months.
Old 4th October 2012, 07:58   #96
BHPian

oh dear! :facepalm:

RE as a company has refined the art of taking a good idea and peeing all over it! And the current kabhi haan-kabhi naa tamasha over the TB500 confirms just that!

Anyone remembers the mess around the AVL350, orig TB, Electra, Machismo 500 and even the classic 350 for the first 2 years after launch of each of these? Heck the Classic has problems even today!

So I have chosen to refurbish my existing bike and wait for a year at the very least to see the reports on the TBTS500. I am seriously looking at picking up an old Machismo 500!

I dont have very high hopes from RE doing a good job on this one. So I for one am going to hold on for some time, like a year, and see how this story plays out before throwing any more money at RE.

Last edited by COUGAR : 4th October 2012 at 08:01.
Old 4th October 2012, 11:51   #97
BHPian

Hi All,

I heard a different story which contradicts other statements here. RE is releasing TBTS 500 and TBTS350 on october 23rd. all testing has been done. I saw a bike in service center which i went to yesterday. TBTS500 is estimated to be 1.95 to 2.00 lakhs on road price. I cant reveal the source as he requested not to do so. just an hint, he is an RE employee.

hence lets wait and watch if its really true.

PS: the paint quality, fit and finish is far better than the DS i have. initial impressions are too good. halogen lamp, digital trip meters, tail lamps, tank, rear disk brake etc all looks top notch. but cant be sure when it comes to real production version. hence wait and watch. with RE history if the bike on production and one i saw matches then i bet u will fall in love with this bike every minute you ride.
Old 4th October 2012, 14:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All,

I heard a different story which contradicts other statements here. RE is releasing TBTS 500 and TBTS350 on october 23rd. all testing has been done. I saw a bike in service center which i went to yesterday. TBTS500 is estimated to be 1.95 to 2.00 lakhs on road price. I cant reveal the source as he requested not to do so. just an hint, he is an RE employee.

hence lets wait and watch if its really true.

PS: the paint quality, fit and finish is far better than the DS i have. initial impressions are too good. halogen lamp, digital trip meters, tail lamps, tank, rear disk brake etc all looks top notch. but cant be sure when it comes to real production version. hence wait and watch. with RE history if the bike on production and one i saw matches then i bet u will fall in love with this bike every minute you ride.
Great! Any idea what's gonna happen to the "old" model TBTS 350 booking? Will it be cancelled or are they gonna get the old model itself?
Old 4th October 2012, 15:04   #99
BHPian

Guys,

Can anybody here confirm if the rear disc brake available in the new TB 500 can be fixed to a Classic 500? does that require any welding or it would be bolt-on job.

Cheers
Old 4th October 2012, 19:47   #100
BHPian

So it's confirmed. TBTS launch on 11th October.
Source: Motorbeam

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/royal...-october-2012/
Old 5th October 2012, 03:20   #101

I did not see any mention of O2 sensor. Just the mention of "most advanced engine till date...", which is a lot of words meaning nothing. Does anyone have any insight?

My bet is that O2 sensor will not be there, but still hopefull that Enfield treats Indians with their advanced machine, rather than wait for government to force them.
Old 7th October 2012, 11:42   #102
BHPian

Website is showing Countdown Timer. Hope the pricing will be good. Around 2 Lakhs - Exshowroom

http://royalenfield.com/thunderbird/
Old 7th October 2012, 19:49   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Website is showing Countdown Timer. Hope the pricing will be good. Around 2 Lakhs - Exshowroom

http://royalenfield.com/thunderbird/
So it's confirmed. I only hope they can keep up with the demand.

Expect the waiting period of other RE models to increase too.
Old 8th October 2012, 21:51   #104
BHPian

Company owned Besant Nagar (Chennai) branch is gearing up for the launch on Oct 11th, looks like they are renavating the showroon, a good time to cash in on the TB500 launch!
I see another long waiting queue in the formation.
Old 9th October 2012, 07:58   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
The same RE employee, and his colleague for that matter, have said a lot of things "off the record" to many of us over the past 5 years, NONE of which have translated into reality! In addition, the contents of the off-the-record briefing varies drastically depending on the club/individual etc! :P So we continue to be skeptical!

I was wowed by the TB500 as well when I saw it a few months back. But I entertain no illusions about RE bringing in all the goodies seen there onto the production bike. Remember we have all seen this before when the Machismo 500 was showcased years before it actually launched. All the building up of hopes and expectations and Hype: how did that go? exactly 3 years later, the Classic 500 saga started: how did that go? I doubt the TB500 experience is going to be radically different, considering the same bunch of incompetent "consultants" are handling this assignment as well!

Classic RE tantabaazi: polish a turd, and it will still remain a turd: if only they realized that! If RE has to change (and I believe they can), they should start by firing these incompetent and overpaid "consultants" who have clearly outlived their utility.

Funny story from last week: said RE employee bought a TB500 to a bike club meet recently hoping to win some converts (and sales). Unfortunately for him, the bikes electrical systems chose that exact moment to go up in flames after a short-circuit! This then is the situation with a showcase-spec bike one wonders just how bad the production lot will be.

Last edited by COUGAR : 9th October 2012 at 08:14.
COUGAR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks