Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
you mean wanna-be biking, is it?

manson.
hehe, u seem to have had really bad experiences at the place
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:10   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I like some of the discussions over at rddreams.

GTO
Old 22nd May 2006, 19:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ride my bike as much as a drive my car. I enjoy going through XBHP too, but to be honest, i haven't contributed much there.
Old 22nd May 2006, 21:09   #19
BHPian

"TEAM BHP RULES"
Old 22nd May 2006, 21:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

We cant blame XBHP for speculation on bigger bikes like Pulsator etc. as frankly speaking there are no performance bikes in India at the present time, so that leaves the room wide open for performance lovers to speculate about bigger bikes. Its being done in Bike Magazines, TBHP and other forums as well. As simply put apart from the punny sub 200cc machines with great mileage, the bike scene in India has hardly anything to talk about.... and lets leave the generation old RD out of this.
Old 22nd May 2006, 22:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

The bike scene, possibly. But the biking scene is pretty great. Lotsa folks riding on weekends, lotsa new destinations and routes being discovered. Touring mods, tips, gear and the rush of the long open road is certainly part of the bike scene, whether the 600 twins are or not. I daresay its more for the sake of biking than cars are used for pure driving (outside the cities). Try bikenomads for size, you may not feel its nothing to talk about anymore. People go a 1000+ kms on vacations sometimes, and 300+ rides are de-rigeur.
Old 23rd May 2006, 08:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I like some of the discussions over at rddreams.

GTO
I second that. Even though I have my own site. I still end up visiting that site more than my own site.
Old 23rd May 2006, 09:48   #23
BHPian

RDDreamer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls
I second that. Even though I have my own site. I still end up visiting that site more than my own site.
Eh, you have your own site? Which one?
Old 23rd May 2006, 13:32   #24
BHPian

Club-rpm
>>Eh, you have your own site? Which one?
Old 23rd May 2006, 13:47   #25
Team-BHP Support

xbhp may not have the best actual reading matter, but you cannot deny what it has managed to do. That is, get the average Indian biker interested in things other than mileage. Also, through their activities, they do get biking into the public eye and show people that there are people out here who ride for enjoyment and not just because they cannot afford a car.

Different forums appeal to different people, and I don't think its right to make judgement calls. If something doesn't appeal to you, stop visiting. Simple.

Rddreams is the other forum where I hang out usually. Guess you can say I gel better with them (even though I'm not much of a 2-stroke guy).

Haven't heard of torquehub till a couple of days ago and frankly I really haven't bothered to check it out yet.
Rtech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2006, 13:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

It does not matter whether you have a 200cc punny bike or 2000 cc monster ,the passion and love to ride and share that ;is what matters the most.If xbhp has full of newbies whats wrong,if they mod there bikes,what wrong .Its cheaper to own a bike and feel the tarmac compared to 4 wheeler.xbhp is more open and less ( i would say under moderated) ,and ppl have lot more freedom.It does not have to be technical to be interesting.There are many technical topics there also which are less discussed.

Last edited by black12rr : 23rd May 2006 at 13:53.
Old 23rd May 2006, 14:46   #27
Team-BHP Support

I agree with most of the points that members have made about xbhp.
But at the same time management of the forum is extremely biased and are trying to live upto a certain act which somehow don't appeal to the the slight biker portion of me, maybe its just be though.

Back in late 2004 when i joined xbhp did make for a good read, but gradually the forum started losing most of its intellectual members who are regulars on other forums now, and simultaneously the management team forgot to delete the quantative thrash. By the end of it, we were left with pages full of pulsar v/s karizma, dalda can (wonder where the name came from), excessive use of slang, whole lot of other thrash and not to forget SOME REAL BRILLIANT TRAVEL EXPERIENCES (xbhp's saving grace, and an inspiration for me to try and do similar stuff).

On the other hand rddreams a smaller family though less active (with surely lesser and much older threads) makes up for a better read wheneveri want to look up bikes.

manson.

(nothing personal here, and i hope my views have not hurt any individual feelings)

Last edited by manson : 23rd May 2006 at 14:47.
Old 23rd May 2006, 14:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
It does not matter whether you have a 200cc punny bike or 2000 cc monster ,the passion and love to ride and share that ;is what matters the most.If xbhp has full of newbies whats wrong,if they mod there bikes,what wrong .Its cheaper to own a bike and feel the tarmac compared to 4 wheeler.xbhp is more open and less ( i would say under moderated) ,and ppl have lot more freedom.It does not have to be technical to be interesting.There are many technical topics there also which are less discussed.
You know something, I second that. I find that Team-Bhp seems to be policed a little too much. While control is always good, sometimes I feel that some of the moderators seem to have a slight leaning towards megalomania. The "Buy & Sell", in particular has some pretty abrupt closures!
Old 23rd May 2006, 16:35   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb
You know something, I second that. I find that Team-Bhp seems to be policed a little too much. While control is always good, sometimes I feel that some of the moderators seem to have a slight leaning towards megalomania.
Bro, the mere fact is that this thread wouldn't be up and running if it was for any other forum. True, moderators are a little strict, but atleast that stops this forum from becoming another xBhp.com, more quantity, less quality
Old 23rd May 2006, 17:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
On the other hand rddreams a smaller family though less active (with surely lesser and much older threads) makes up for a better read wheneveri want to look up bikes.

Even most of the RDD old timers have left. dont know where they go. xBhp old timers go to RDD. Rdd old timers go where???
Now RDD is reduced to a one man show. Null technical contributions to the community by other members. Thats a small banglore bikers club now, even infighting has found its place there.
Dunno when we'll have the T-bhp of bikes.
Or....maybe T-Bhp could have its own seperate biking forum. Now that would be rocking...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks