Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2007, 13:14   #61
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd just like to add my 0.2 cents here:

1. First and foremost, its important to remember that its members that make the community. If you want to improve the quality of any community, the buck starts with YOU. Start contributing in a high quality manner; trust me it will have a roll-down effect on others. Dont simply be a "silent" member and then comment "Oh that community sucks". Bring up any suggestions to the Forum Support team in a respectful manner and trust me....if they have the initiative, they will surely work toward implementing the same.

2. Its really unfair to make comments like "Oh, its just not like the old times anymore". No offence but it just sounds so clichéd. Any forum / community / organisation that grows has to change with the times. Inevitably, some of the personalisation will be lost with more people in the same room. There is no forum in the world that has "stayed like the good ol' times" when it has had 10X more members. Change is inevitable but the support team members as well as regular members must take steps to ensure that it is in a positive direction. Some forums have handled this growth well, while some havent.

3. I like Rtechs line of thought...if you dont like a forum, just quit. But for heavens sake, dont stick around creating trouble like a troll or write insulting comments elsewhere. Its hitting below the belt and doesnt say a lot about you.

These three points have been made in a general tone, from whatever little experience I have with administering Team-BHP and spending time with other forum administrators online. Its not specific to any one motorcycle forum that you are discussing. Or to Team-BHP.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2007, 14:03   #62
BHPian

Excellent points GTO, after all it is the members who make a forum.
Old 22nd September 2007, 14:09   #63
BHPian

Another point which i see is that a good forum should also "Inspire and Innovate" and not just exist for the sake of it.
Old 22nd September 2007, 20:50   #64
BHPian

very very good discussion guys. I agree that its the members who make or break a forum and are its image in public.

But it also depends on who is running it. It needs to be run by a sensible person who has good PR skills apart from tech knowledge. Everyone needs to be treated with respect.

That is what i liked about team bhp being a newbie but an old member of many other sites including XBHP. Team bhp is a very tight run ship no one has attitude problems and people are willing to help even a newbie rather than pulling his leg because he said something wrong technically about cars or bikes. We should be able to understand that the newbies come to learn stuff from forums so ragging them or making fun of them is ridiculous. I have seen it happen on many other sites where newbies are treated badly.
Old 22nd September 2007, 22:39   #65
BHPian

The kind of warmth and discipline team-bhp has with its rules and closely monitored stuff.... is difficult to match!
Nothing here is ever going haywire!
Forums like X-bhp and rddreams don't make you WANT to be a part of them let alone feel like you are genuinely a part of them! I registered on them AFTER i did on Tbhp but they just lacked the feel... never logged on to them again!

Edit: These views are genuine and i'm not interested in simply discrediting other forums!

Last edited by dustDevil : 22nd September 2007 at 22:45.
Old 22nd September 2007, 23:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

dustdevil i agree with you, yesterday i wanted to read about P220 so i logged onto xbhp, where i am a member and then revvedup, torquehub, where i am a member too. Howver on xbhp i saw 150+ pages on the P220 and various threads and most of the posts in the threads go something like hey cool, sexy bike, congrats and all, really a pain to read peoples one linners, plus huge signature with pics makes it so irritating and thats not all, the slang & sms lingo makes it really crazy to read, i ended up closing the windows. The format of team-bhp is very simple and neat and that makes it the best forum where i like to re login everytime. I am a member on almost all car & bike forums be it blazed, torquehub, revvedup, suzuki forums, autocarindia forum, overdrive forum, xbhp but nothing beats team-bhp, needless to say on all the above forums i dont even have a single post due to the poor format of pages and off topic disscusions.

I think we bhpians can contribute to make team-bhp's motorcycle section one of the best, if not the best
BUSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2007, 23:27   #67
BHPian

No offence to Bunny but its really difficult to read anything on Xbhp. For shear volume and number of bikers, Xbhp is THE best biking forum out there.

But after all its the quality of content that makes one go back to the forum.

Team-BHP is really exceptional in this. Thanks all moderators and GTO.
Old 24th September 2007, 13:35   #68
BHPian

dear Bunny,

The term "best biking forum" has different meanings for different people, wouldn't you agree?

Naturally, the answer to that would be different, and either you can accept that or try to influence others with your idea of "catch all" forum.

I can talk only about my interest, based on what I own and what I plan to own. I consider the current lot of indian 4st bike as jokes, so a fiero or a pulsar mods are not going to influence me in any case. Personnel choice again. If you are mentioning about the same persons on fiero, I probably know some of them personally as well.

(Note: I dont have an RD anymore, whats xbhp's terminology for RX? By the way, I dont take offense if you call any names to any bike.)

"was the best for 2 stroke lovers no doubt" !!! Thank you for re-validating my opinion..

would you be kind enough to show me a better indian 2st site? Surely I will join there because I am after knowledge that I can apply on my bike, doesnt really matter whether it is this or that site.

@Killer, good valid points..

GTO: Like Rtech, I also left.. but I left xbhp... Dont think I was putting crap about xbhp, but pointing out why I left without taking on anybody personally..
Old 24th September 2007, 14:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo View Post
dear Bunny,

The term "best biking forum" has different meanings for different people, wouldn't you agree?

Naturally, the answer to that would be different, and either you can accept that or try to influence others with your idea of "catch all" forum.
U said it there - diff meanin for diff people. and i was putting forward my meaning for the 'best bikin forum'. So, is there a prob then? No ones influencin anyone. If putting down whats your meaning of a term means influencing then.. well.. errr
If i wanted to influence people, i would never put up the tens of topics i do here in the 'motorbike' section with news from around the world and India. What do i have to gain by putting such biking topics here - Im just doing my bit as a responsible member to help grow the motorbikes section on team-bhp.

Quote:
I can talk only about my interest, based on what I own and what I plan to own. I consider the current lot of indian 4st bike as jokes, so a fiero or a pulsar mods are not going to influence me in any case. Personnel choice again. If you are mentioning about the same persons on fiero, I probably know some of them personally as well.
Yes, we all are free to talk about our interests, and thats what i did. But u took it in a wrong way. But when you talk about your interests, no ones got the right to take it in a wrong way, right?

Quote:
(Note: I dont have an RD anymore, whats xbhp's terminology for RX? By the way, I dont take offense if you call any names to any bike.)
Guilty conscious? I was referrin to xbhp's terminology for RDs as you had mentioned the same in your post. I have got better things to do here than writing stuff to make people feel offensive.

Quote:
Would you be kind enough to show me a better indian 2st site? Surely I will join there because I am after knowledge that I can apply on my bike, doesnt really matter whether it is this or that site.
As i said, i only go thru 3-4 Indian automobile forums. And as personal interests go, Im not into 2strokes and hence cant answer you on this. B/w, there is one forum that has around 488 topics running on 2strokes alone.

All said and done, if putting ones prospective out there in team-bhp forums is considered as "personal offenses" or "influencing others" , then i think the very meaning of a "public forum" dies out.

Im outta this topic for good

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 24th September 2007 at 14:39.
Old 25th September 2007, 01:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
2. Its really unfair to make comments like "Oh, its just not like the old times anymore". No offence but it just sounds so clichéd.
Without knowing the facts behind the reasoning i dont think anyone cant comment whether saying something like that is unfair or not. Sometimes you need to recognize these facts and call a spade a spade. Its easy to be diplomatic and try to please everyone but there are times when you need to take a stand.
Old 25th September 2007, 19:01   #71
BANNED

Take another 50 years and get me self made digital programmable CDI, accurate Bores for Wiseco, ProX pistons, Custom made Pipes, logic behind ignition timings to get maximum power etc ill quit rdd and join xbhp.

If i remember once xbhp was used as a personal asset to accuse one of its core member(now he runs another forum) rather then public forum.Correct me Bunny if i am wrong.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:21   #72
Team-BHP Support

Ajay, chill. Lets not start an argument here, especially between what may or may not have happened on a third forum. This is not the place to bring all that up.
Old 26th September 2007, 10:59   #73
BHPian

I guess we are here to discuss which is the best biking forum and not what is good or what is bad and all that kinda fights. For me, it's team-bhp..No matter what, I don't have to go to another forum to get all the info I need on a bike. Thanks guys!
Old 2nd October 2007, 16:58   #74

GTO your a pretty smart guy.
Guess you've seen it all over the years eh!
We should have a beer and swap stories about the Trolls and Hypocrites we have had to deal with with over the years.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:33   #75
BHPian

Ron,

Nice to see ya here mate!

Edit: Removed welcome, as he has been here for quite sometime!

Last edited by HellwratH : 3rd October 2007 at 11:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks