Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2006, 18:02   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Or....maybe T-Bhp could have its own seperate biking forum. Now that would be rocking...
Hmm...interesting .

So whats stopping us?
Old 23rd May 2006, 18:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

satisfied man does not need a new home!!!

come to think about it, we have a classified section, a real long thread on modification (so we can escape the check my modded pulsar thread everyday), news related to the indian 2 wheelers scene in the bikes section as well, travelling experiences can be put in the same section where we have other travel logs in the buckle up section, basically almost everything we need including a garage section as well (which seems like a bonus here, doesn't it?).

we might just not have everything as detailes and well laid out as for cars, but then i'm sure if the need arises the mod team could divide the bike related topics into 2-3 sections which would come under the 2 wheeler option as well.

what are we really missing out then?

basically i love my home on the internet, am more than satisfied with it

manson.

Last edited by manson : 23rd May 2006 at 18:37.
Old 24th May 2006, 00:27   #33
BHPian

The Indian Bike forum on Overdrive is quite active cosidering the fact that it's still in its initial stage. The forums on Xbhp are pretty good.
But I found some really stupid and ignorant car fans on Overdrive who don't know s**t about what they r talking.
Old 24th May 2006, 07:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamenon
Eh, you have your own site? Which one?
It's site of our local club here. www.clubrpm.co.in can't compare to biggies, but OK enough for our local club, I guess...
Old 24th May 2006, 09:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Most sites seem to be full of testosterone heavy adrenaline rush driven mine's-bigger-than-yours discussions. Some have matured and promote responsible driving, actively discourage illegal, underage drives and "stunts", and actually *help* one improve ones understanding of the machines, the roads and get loads of travel info - those are what we need more of.
Takes all kinds, I guess.
Old 28th May 2006, 00:45   #36
BHPian

Started BCM Touring on the 18th of this month, the main focus is Touring on Bike, Cars and Motorcycles, with hopefully Motorcycles remaining the dominant force there.
Old 28th May 2006, 09:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh sarkar
Started BCM Touring on the 18th of this month, the main focus is Touring on Bike, Cars and Motorcycles, with hopefully Motorcycles remaining the dominant force there.
i guess by bike you mean bicycles, as you already stated motorcycles in your post.
btw, what is this BCM?
Old 28th May 2006, 10:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
i guess by bike you mean bicycles, as you already stated motorcycles in your post.
btw, what is this BCM?
Yes, BCM stands for Bikes (bicycles), Cars and Motorcycles. Even though I am into motorcycles, but I felt there was a need for a platform for people traveling through Bikes, Cars and Motorcycles.

Since most of the time the needs for all of us are the same. Best routes, road conditions, permits, new places to explore, safe parking for our sweethearts and in case of Motorcycles and Cars petrol pumps, service centers, garages etc. these are on the priority list for those into touring and meeting like minded people to discuss and share information is always good for us.

There are several bike, car and motorcycle forums in India, but none of them cater exclusively to touring. Also the travel forums are dominated by mostly those who travel using public transport. There are some sites for motorcycle touring, but almost all of them are specific to a particular brand of motorcycle.
Old 28th May 2006, 16:56   #39
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel that the best biking forum is xbhp.com. Mostly for their events and their G2Gs. The forum had some real good topics and members a year or 2 back. Topics really worth reading.
Old 19th September 2007, 19:32   #40

Revlimit

Revlimit is a new forum for bikers and its quite good. Its quite diverse in topics and has a lot of tech related stuff too. Also, they are strictly against cosmetic mods.... with a warning at the top of their site regarding the movie dhoom!!
Old 20th September 2007, 16:25   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofast View Post
Revlimit is a new forum for bikers and its quite good. Its quite diverse in topics and has a lot of tech related stuff too. Also, they are strictly against cosmetic mods.... with a warning at the top of their site regarding the movie dhoom!!
Revlimit is a stupid forum combined with a worst eye soring design.
Old 20th September 2007, 16:39   #42
BANNED

Anyday RDDREAMS for me, just go through some old topics you will come to know the diffefence between kids and real adult bikers.NO BS over there all to the point topics.
XBHP is just a ground for Bajaj, TVS and HH fights nothing is there, no personal offene to xbhp members.I feel buying a SBK and not knowing how to open the spark plug wont makes you a Bike Enthusiastic.
Having RD from past 6 years but learnt 90% about RD and bike tuning in rdd only.Indias first forum which offers custom made parts and most of the buyers are not from india.
Old 20th September 2007, 16:51   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyday RDDREAMS for me, just go through some old topics you will come to know the diffefence between kids and real adult bikers.NO BS over there all to the point topics.
I beg to differ now. Yes, there are people there who like to project themselves as "real bikers" and hard arses, but in the end, you realise that it's simply a case of all yap and no bite. Sure it has some decent threads, or atleast it had some, but sad to say that its slowly being run to the ground. No offense meant to anyone as I too had been a part of that forum and there are a great bunch of guys there. But the way it is being run simply did not gel with my ethos, hence I quietly left. Afterall, if you go over to someones house and don't like the way its run, you don't make an issue out of it, you simply leave. Again, we are talking simply about forums here, nothing more.

Yogesh's forum is a wonderful example though. I may not post much there, but I sure enjoy reading. If you want to call someone hard core bikers, you'll find a lot of them there.

Last edited by Rtech : 20th September 2007 at 16:53.
Old 20th September 2007, 17:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

You dont have to be really knowledgeable to apprreciate biking.A person need not know about internals of bikes to ride it and enjoy .Well every forum is made out of members and how the forum is steered.There are lots of good ones , BCM touring, Bike nomads and xbhp ..so on so forth .I follow the three ,I used to follow many groups and as rtech said ,the way they were run or maintained dint suit and just stopped visiting them .Take what you want and leave the rest , no use of cribbing or bashing that group . Its unfair to point fingers at forums , a admin or owner would have spent his time and money to run it , lets appreciate that.
The above three forums ,I feel are very open and easy to gel ,unlike others who form a closed group and have high resistant to outsiders.

Ho how did I miss Team-bhp ? , this has some hard core bikers usually filtered in from other groups and also resident members who once used to be bikers like GTO ( if i am right he rode a 350 before ) . Its just that team bhp is full of cars the bikers get dwarfed/overtaken(to be overtaken later) .

Last edited by black12rr : 20th September 2007 at 17:32.
Old 20th September 2007, 17:36   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
The bike scene, possibly. But the biking scene is pretty great. Lotsa folks riding on weekends, lotsa new destinations and routes being discovered. Touring mods, tips, gear and the rush of the long open road is certainly part of the bike scene, whether the 600 twins are or not. I daresay its more for the sake of biking than cars are used for pure driving (outside the cities). Try bikenomads for size, you may not feel its nothing to talk about anymore. People go a 1000+ kms on vacations sometimes, and 300+ rides are de-rigeur.

Hey Zenx are you a part of BN??

Touring on bikes is fun, am sure many here have experienced it!

Recently had been to Bisle Ghats (Sakeleshpur, karnataka)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...akleshpur.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks