Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 11:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
I just got back from Indiranagar KTM. The bookings done. The agonizing wait begins. How many weeks before the first lot ships? There was a tbhp member with stickers on his black helmet. Hope we get the bikes soon man!
What is the exact OTR in bangalore?
Old 26th June 2013, 11:12   #62
BHPian

Brilliant. Just Brilliant!!

I am off to the KTM dealer in my lunch break.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I was at the BTM dealership yesterday. The exact price is 2,15,4XX OTR.

You can reduce it a bit further as these guys would have added their high margin insurance cost in this price. If we get our own insurance, I am sure the price can be reduced by 1k atleast.

Last edited by mac187 : 26th June 2013 at 11:37.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:35   #64
BHPian

Hi Sandeep! I didn't see you, just saw your helmet. My booking numbers were 15, 16. The first lot will have 20 bikes in it, they should be set for delivery sometime in in the next 3-20 days, after which its anyone's guess how long delivery will take. Knowing KTM, the lead times will get shortened rather quickly. I would have loved to say hi! Maybe we can meet up for a ride (we should both be in the same lot)!!
Old 26th June 2013, 11:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

In Chennai the price is going to be around 2.05 to 2.1 L

Booking advance is 30K.

I am tempted..Somebody stop me
Old 26th June 2013, 12:02   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
That was me. When you see a fellow team bhpian; please say Hello :-). It is good to meet with the tribe once in a while.
Sorry please see above post, didn't manage to quote while typing on my phone somehow,

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I was at the BTM dealership yesterday. The exact price is 2,15,4XX OTR.

I was told 2.12 OTR Bangalore. Hmm...this price difference is a bit strange.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

I just spoke to KTM Manager - Radhakrishnan from Adyar Pro Biking Showroom.
Still they don't have display piece and Booking amount is 30K and already some 30 bookings are done. Waiting period will be 3 months as per their policy but they could deliver before this period as he said.
I plan to visit Showroom this saturday and if it goes well I'll book a KTM 390.

Meanwhile My brother has booked a KTM 390 at B'lore.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 26th June 2013 at 12:05.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:08   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Hi Sandeep! I didn't see you, just saw your helmet. My booking numbers were 15, 16.
Next time you see a plaited or pony tailed dude, that is me. You should have been right next to me considering your number.

Yes; we should be taking delivery on the same day. I need to submit loan processing documents. I have not done that yet. I was told that the loan processing can start right away. Not sure if i should wait. I need to anyway cause I don't have those new CTS 2010 cheque leaves. Requested the bank the send me a new cheque book last weekend. It should arrive this week.

Do we have to worry about a PDI for this bike?
Old 26th June 2013, 12:11   #69
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry please see above post, didn't manage to quote while typing on my phone somehow,

I was told 2.12 OTR Bangalore. Hmm...this price difference is a bit strange.
It's INR 2,12,241 to be precise. I booked mine, I was 25th to book at Langford KTM. The KTM guys as usual were very helpful.

From what I heard, first lot will have about 35 odd bikes and this will be split between Langford and Indiranagar bookings. Bikes should arrive any time between mid of July and first week of August.

The store manager was talking about increasing the order for Bangalore due to the demand from this city.

Of all cities in India, the Duke 200 has sold the maximum in Bangalore it seems.

The wait for the launch is over and now the wait for the bike itself. One way or the other, we Indians are always made to wait longer than everyone else
Old 26th June 2013, 12:23   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Next time you see a plaited or pony tailed dude, that is me. You should have been right next to me considering your number.

Yes; we should be taking delivery on the same day. I need to submit loan processing documents. I have not done that yet. I was told that the loan processing can start right away. Not sure if i should wait. I need to anyway cause I don't have those new CTS 2010 cheque leaves. Requested the bank the send me a new cheque book last weekend. It should arrive this week.

Do we have to worry about a PDI for this bike?
For sure if I run into you I'll hit you up. There were a couple of ponytailed/long haired dudes at PBK today! I'd consider getting the loan paper work through as soon as possible. You don't want to be in a situation where the bike is ready to be delivered but the documents are still being processed. What is this about the CTS 2010 leaves? I decided to buy the bike without loan as I was quoted something like 19% finance rate, which is way too high for me. What rate are you getting?
I will do a minimal PDI to make sure nothing was damaged during transport. It is highly unlikely that anything will be damaged though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
It's INR 2,12,241 to be precise. I booked mine, I was 25th to book at Langford KTM. The KTM guys as usual were very helpful.

From what I heard, first lot will have about 35 odd bikes and this will be split between Langford and Indiranagar bookings. Bikes should arrive any time between mid of July and first week of August.

The store manager was talking about increasing the order for Bangalore due to the demand from this city.

Of all cities in India, the Duke 200 has sold the maximum in Bangalore it seems.

The wait for the launch is over and now the wait for the bike itself. One way or the other, we Indians are always made to wait longer than everyone else
I was told that dealers in major cities were expecting 20 bikes each as part of the first lot. Maybe this has been changed. As far as deliveries are concerned, it is anyone's guess. The stock yards are filling up fast, in addition most people didn't have to wait long for the KTM200 deliveries. I am fully expecting the first lot to land up within the first couple of weeks with additional lots shipped every month from then on. If demand is truly very high, then Bajaj is probably in a position to ship even two lots a month after the first 45 days or so. Going by the past, I really wouldn't be sweating the deliveries too much. What would be a pleasant surprise is the first lot being delivered this weekend or next week
Old 26th June 2013, 12:47   #71
BHPian

I just booked my bike at Popular motors (Mekhri circle) they made me sign a 2 page document "term and conditions" of booking the 390, did any of you guys do the same ? wanted to know if just this dealer is doing it.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:50   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambro View Post
I just booked my bike at Popular motors (Mekhri circle) they made me sign a 2 page document "term and conditions" of booking the 390, did any of you guys do the same ? wanted to know if just this dealer is doing it.
Yes seems to be a pretty standard document. Probably issued by KTM corporate.
Old 26th June 2013, 13:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is this about the CTS 2010 leaves? I decided to buy the bike without loan as I was quoted something like 19% finance rate, which is way too high for me. What rate are you getting?
Hmm...don't remember seeing any with a similar hairdo. Anyways; to more important things. I am gonna go this evening and submit whatever documents they need. As with any loan, its one big list.

19% does not sound right.

Loan documents for Bajaj Finance @ 9.50% rate of interest/1 Year tenure
1. ID Proof
2. Address Proof
3. 6 months bank statement
4. 2 months pay slip
5. 5 photos
6. 4 cheque leaves (Don't know why they need so many)

CTS 2010 is the new RBI standard for issuing cheques. The dead line was March 2013. They extended it to June 2013. CTS 2010 will be written in small, vertical format on the extreme left side of the cheque leaf.

Another hiccup in the loan process that I just discovered is they do not have an ECS system with Citibank and that is where my pay cheque comes every month. I need to give 12 cheque leaves. So its as good as paying from the account every month.
Old 26th June 2013, 14:34   #74
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

done! my number is 37 at indiranagar outlet. after waiting for 7-8 months in 2010 for my C5, this less then 3 months does not seem to bad. based on the 200 launch and deliveries, i am sure it wont even touch the 3 month mark.
Old 26th June 2013, 15:06   #75
BHPian

Quote:
done! my number is 37 at indiranagar outlet. after waiting for 7-8 months in 2010 for my C5, this less then 3 months does not seem to bad. based on the 200 launch and deliveries, i am sure it wont even touch the 3 month mark.
Here in Pune I booked on Monday and already there were 57 people in front of me!

On the plus side they are unveiling the demo bike today. Will be going to check it out.
hsub is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks