Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 22:43   #61
BHPian

Re: I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
This is a Vespa PVX made by AP Scooters. The registration number matches to the RTA site. Indeed the search was done on wrong number and I did not realise too.
Hillram, my two cents... you got multiple feedback / observations from various members of the community. I feel proud to be part of this forum for following some ground rules. Despite some of your comments are representing you in low light - commedy of errors. for Instance, don't have URL of RTO. A kid knows how to find out. Chill. Accept the fact and move on with a resolve that you would fix those in coming days. Chill! Makes this community a great place to be in.

Cheers
jeetaman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 23:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
The LML seems to have AP234811 number while you have searched for AP232811, could you search for the correct number & post it here (I dont have the RTO url)
I'm Fazer(ed). My Yamaha Fazer & some modifications-lml.jpg
Here you go, with the right Registration Number. Good catch btw!

And here's the URL, will be helpful to others too I am sure.

http://202.65.142.140/CFSTONLINE/Rep...ionSearch.aspx

@hillram, getting back to your Fazer, the fairing, you got it fabricated using the pictures available of the international Fazer? How long did it take and how much did it cost?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 29th August 2013 at 23:27.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 23:33   #63
BHPian

This thread has got me hooked since morning. After reading all the comments and OP's responses, I feel that many of us are jumping the gun and are being too judgmental about a fellow BHPian. For all we know, Hillram could have been deceived by some seller/agent and he ignored some key details because of his passion for collecting automobiles. So, all these errors can be a result of ignorance instead of being intentional. I have some friends that pay taxes on time but miss out on filing the IT return, not because they want to cheat but because they are indifferent towards paper-work/rules. Similarly our fellow BHPian here, might be indifferent towards paper-work.

Hillram - I am sure you have drawn your lessons from this experience. It's better that your friends have pointed these anomalies instead of the concerned agencies. Along with rectifying the current ones, please be more careful in future deals.
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 00:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to all your feedback. I have already accepted my mistakes and do apologise to the members of this forum.
hillram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 06:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.pish View Post
The new ZMR is oil cooled.
http://www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/th...ma-zmr-44.html

The 223cc carbureted Karizma is air cooled. However it is half faired.
www.heromotocorp.com/en-in/the-bike/karizma-43.htmlg
No bro, its just a gimmick. The engine is not oil cooled, rather the oil is circulated around in the radiator for cooling down. There is no fan in ZMR to aid cooling either. It is an air cooled engine. But I guess we're moving away from the actual topic.

P.S - I own one.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 08:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks to all your feedback. I have already accepted my mistakes and do apologise to the members of this forum.
Ram, the fairing, did you get it fabricated using pictures of the international Fazer? How long did it take and how much did it cost? OTOH, how does it serve aerodynamically? Does it reduce drag?

If you're looking for real performance gains, you can look at Race Concepts' offerings. They have FFEs, Camshafts, Big Bore kits, Carbs for the FZ derived engines. Online reviews suggest that the FZ is a hoot to ride after being 'Joel'ed'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
No bro, its just a gimmick. The engine is not oil cooled, rather the oil is circulated around in the radiator for cooling down. There is no fan in ZMR to aid cooling either. It is an air cooled engine. But I guess we're moving away from the actual topic.

P.S - I own one.
Eggjactly!

Like the P200 that was 'Oil Cooled'. The oil is cooled by air that hits the radiator and is sent back into the engine. As you said, more a gimmick than anything else.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 09:27   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Ram, the fairing, did you get it fabricated using pictures of the international Fazer? How long did it take and how much did it cost? OTOH, how does it serve aerodynamically? Does it reduce drag?

If you're looking for real performance gains, you can look at Race Concepts' offerings. They have FFEs, Camshafts, Big Bore kits, Carbs for the FZ derived engines. Online reviews suggest that the FZ is a hoot to ride after being 'Joel'ed'.
Not to offend anyone, but I'd say - stay away from RC kits.
They have failed on FZs, R15s, Dazzlers, Pulsars and what not! I can provide you loooong threads (at least 5 of them) from xbhp related to RC kits' failure in recent times.

P.S - RC modded FZs are a hoot to ride for 5k kms at max. Post 5k, people spend more time at the workshop rather than riding.

P.P.S - All kits were done at RC BLR. Hence, no question of outside mech fitting it improperly.
Divya Sharan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 17:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

The detour (or twist if you will), this thread took regarding the display of number plates showing invalid registration has disturbed me ever since it was brought to my notice yesterday.

It might seem that what was a storm in a teacup has blown over. A Senior TBHPian has apologised and has promised to get his paperwork put in order. That should normally signal a quietus to the matter but something kept bothering me. I mulled over the issue for a bit.

This is my suggestion:

Hillram should affix the correct number plates (showing the registration mark i.e. alphabets and numerals as given by the registering authorities) on his vehicles and post pictures of the vehicles bearing the correct registration numbers.

(Normally masked numbers or no plates or even vanity plates (e.g. RAM 1, RAM 2, RAM 3 etc.) would do, however since the very antecedents of the vehicles has been called into question it is now necessary to prove their clean antecedents.)

Why?

1. It is important that the credibility of the community is re-established and maintained. No one here wants the public to say that TBHP members run vehicles without proper papers.

2. It is important that the genuineness of the TBHP members is clearly communicated to the world at large. Else we run the risk of being seen as a forum where anything (even things illegal) goes and then the public will start shying away from buying vehicles from us.

3. The impression that collectors of antique, classic or old vehicles might or will have vehicles of doubtful origin/source needs to be dispelled. Most collectors are fastidious about the history of their vehicles and their paperwork.

4. The value of any ‘collectible’ depends on its provenance. An old car without provenance (proper chain of title & possession) remains just another old product with little or no value.

5. If the pictures originally uploaded had no plates or had vanity plates (e.g. RAM1, RAM2, RAM3 or even SUNNY, HUNNY, BUNNY etc.) it would stand to reason that was done for the purpose of the photoshoot only but since the pictures show plates that pretend to be genuine and in fact were asserted to be correct, the correct plates need to be displayed now. I agree with Mobike that the answers given are not convincing. No RTA agent will ever tell anyone that numbers not yet issued by the RTO have been alloted to a vehicle.

6. As per the law one is required to display the registration mark and number on the plates.

7. When we signed up we agreed to the following “you warrant that you will not post any content or messages on www.Team-BHP.com that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.”

Again, the above is only my suggestion. But, I am sure it will go a long way in helping the motoring community at large, TBHPians and vintage & classic car collectors in particular.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 18:01   #69
Senior - BHPian

The actions by the senior member is totally unethical if not illegal too. It is very very gross to see such a thing on team-bhp.

Claim of low usage/non usage cannot be validated by the forum. What if one of the vehicles is involved in a hit and run? Victim may note the number and someone else may be under the radar.

As far as I know, no RTO reassigns the same number to a different vehicle even after a cancelled registration (correct me if I am wrong). Changing TN to AP is absolutely unacceptable!
funkykar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 18:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They have failed on FZs, R15s, Dazzlers, Pulsars and what not! I can provide you loooong threads (at least 5 of them) from xbhp related to RC kits' failure in recent times.

P.S - RC modded FZs are a hoot to ride for 5k kms at max. Post 5k, people spend more time at the workshop rather than riding.

P.P.S - All kits were done at RC BLR. Hence, no question of outside mech fitting it improperly.
What exactly is the issue with these modded bikes? Premature engine failure do to the additional stress?
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 18:21   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

A member from South over phone said this to me & I didn't buy it. But your post has made me curious.

Could you please PM me about this, in brief?

Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 19:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What exactly is the issue with these modded bikes? Premature engine failure do to the additional stress?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A member from South over phone said this to me & I didn't buy it. But your post has made me curious.

Could you please PM me about this, in brief?

Thanks
Ok, request members to do a google search for:
1. powerhouse fz18 + xbhp
and
2. Rise of the underdog - Unicorn Dazzler Banshee + xbhp

There are more stories within these 2 threads.
Basically, members have had their blocks broken into pieces, pistons cracked etc.

Apparently, parts supplied are of extremely poor quality.
Divya Sharan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 19:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
The detour (or twist if you will), this thread took regarding the display of number plates showing invalid registration has disturbed me ever since it was brought to my notice yesterday.
I have already started the re-correction as we speak.
Thanks to Ravveendra for setting this direction.
In a few days, I shall post the corrected registration plates of all my automobiles on this forum.

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th August 2013 at 20:25. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a short reply...
hillram is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 19:53   #74
BHPian

It is very disheartening to see the recent posts in this thread. Either the OP's RTA agent was fooling him for so long or the OP clearly doesn't want to register so many vehicles under his name so as to not get "noticed" under the authorities for what so ever reason. Look, i am not blaming anybody but this leaves a bad impression and also creates a fear among many of us in selling or buying used vehicles in India. We just cannot rely upon the word's of other person. Again, in this case the mistake could be from anybody's end so better rectify this immediately and post the developments.
Sherlocked is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 20:53   #75
BHPian

This is one amazing forum - its just not that knowledge flows, righteousness too!!. Happy to be a part of it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks