Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 23:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!

Off topic but is that thunderbird dark blue in colour ? It looks beautiful on the bike . I thought they were only sold in black , any other paint scheme available ?
Old 7th May 2014, 23:21   #17
BHPian

Update : Royal Enfield has also launched a new color for Thunderbird -> Midnight Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Off topic but is that thunderbird dark blue in colour ? It looks beautiful on the bike . I thought they were only sold in black , any other paint scheme available ?
Thunderbird comes in shades of black ( twilight black, Black & Matt Black ) & now they have launched a new color.

Last edited by shan2129 : 7th May 2014 at 23:23.
shan2129 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 09:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
Update : Royal Enfield has also launched a new color for Thunderbird -> Midnight Blue

Thunderbird comes in shades of black ( twilight black, Black & Matt Black ) & now they have launched a new color.
You know what Shan, the guy who saw the TBTS also mentioned about the color as Midnight Blue, but if you go to the official page of Royal Enfield, there is nothing new, it just shows the same old colors. In fact I heard somewhere on this forum that the maroon color is going to be stopped for Classics but go to the RE page, and you have that as one of the official colors. Really do not understand, how much time and effort does it take for RE to have the details updated, at-least on the official page.

And now with this new Logo and writing pattern
Old 8th May 2014, 09:28   #19
BHPian

Agree with the majority sentiment here. The new logos look weird. Personally, I found the metal logo(Thunderbird) quite bearable. But the sticker jobs look hideous.

No 'Royal' vibes out of the new logo. Hope they consider user feedback on the new logos and act on it.
Old 8th May 2014, 10:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
You know what Shan, the guy who saw the TBTS also mentioned about the color as Midnight Blue, but if you go to the official page of Royal Enfield, there is nothing new, it just shows the same old colors. In fact I heard somewhere on this forum that the maroon color is going to be stopped for Classics but go to the RE page, and you have that as one of the official colors. Really do not understand, how much time and effort does it take for RE to have the details updated, at-least on the official page.

And now with this new Logo and writing pattern
Royal Enfield is least bothered with their online presence as well as the information that is displayed on the official website. They should realize that correct & updated information must be made available on their website before or with the changed being made.

Then, there is something with new launches taking over the whole website. You will feel that there is no other model expect the new launch. weird.

I was wondering who would actually approve such a pathetic design pattern ? The person in Royal Enfield, who is responsible for approving or hiring people to do the designing job, has no taste, nor they realize the significance of this legendary motorcycle brand & it's historical value.
Old 8th May 2014, 10:43   #21
J.Ravi

With the demand outnumbering the supply many times even after opening their new Oragadam plant leading to ridiculous waiting periods of many months, it is no wonder that Royal Enfield continues to be insensitive to the customer's feedback and suggestions.

Old 8th May 2014, 12:33   #22
BHPian

Brands should evolve constantly to avoid being viewed as redundant. RE's target segment has widened and now covers youths and people in 20's who were pulsar and FZ owners in the past. In-order to appeal to them change in branding is must and as with every new logo this wont be taken in good spirit. Slowly and steadily it will gain acceptance.
Old 8th May 2014, 15:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igybeck View Post
Brands should evolve constantly to avoid being viewed as redundant. RE's target segment has widened and now covers youths and people in 20's who were pulsar and FZ owners in the past. In-order to appeal to them change in branding is must and as with every new logo this wont be taken in good spirit. Slowly and steadily it will gain acceptance.
Sorry but I would like to differ here. Royal Enfields, like many other iconic brands, cater to a different section all together. Yes, I do understand that guys riding Pulsars etc do purchase the RE, but how many of them does indeed understand that cult feeling or feel the sense of proud being associated with this nostalgic beast of past. Yesterday, while coming from office, I saw a brand new Classic 350 crossing me, over 70 kmph, it did not have the registration yet. What do we expect from this rider? A nagging buff who will start nagging even before he reaches 500 kms. Yes, if RE is catering to this batch, then I, along with many, have no saying. Its BAU for them.

My point being, changing the branding does not help in getting the market. At least not with these bulls. It definitely goes with the main stream market bikes, but definitely not with the Bulls. What is actually required from the RE is to look after the engine section ,probably try to re create that cast iron thump in this 4 stroke UCEs and possibly have a effective customer-dealer-manufacturer network.

I, along with many, will still prefer the old RE logo and lettering. But like as you have rightly mentioned, with the passage of time, it will gain acceptance (willingly or unwillingly is a different story)
Old 8th May 2014, 16:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1dotcom View Post
I was planning to pick up a Thunderbird or Classic 500, I guess I will now have to start searching for vehicles which have the old logo instead of the new one.
Pick up the Thunderbird and ensure you gorge/junk those metal logos. Go to the sales counter and buy the old plastic ones to be stuck. That should give you the old look on the TB.

Regarding the keys, am sure they will be having old parts in stock. Buy a complete lock set for 800 or 900 INR and you have the old look.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:58   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Sorry but I would like to differ here.
=========
I, along with many, will still prefer the old RE logo and lettering. But like as you have rightly mentioned, with the passage of time, it will gain acceptance (willingly or unwillingly is a different story)
I agree with your point. Royal Enfield was a enthusiast bike with very low sales. Now they are looking at different target audience. I have a lot of relatives and friends who are hardcore enthusiasts and according to them they will never buy the new RE bikes. The engine is toned down and they prefer buying very old RE because that gives them pleasure of driving RE.
RE does not care about the enthusiast anymore and they want to sell more bikes even at the cost of losing enthusiasts loyalty. So the branding kind of makes sense. They are now targeting the young who do not have any idea how a RE should feel when you are riding it. According to me only the body is RE.
Old 9th May 2014, 00:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guys, below are some of the images I just captured from the facebook. It seems that TBTS is coming up with two new color schemes. Below is called as Midnight Blue

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-relb1.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-relb2.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-relb3.jpg

I am not too sure that what is the official name of this color scheme

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-rel2.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-rel6.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-rel7.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-rel8.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-rel9.jpg

A clean image of the Standard 350 with the new logo

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-rel10.jpg

A clean image of the Desert Storm with the new logo

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-rel1.jpg

Kind regards,
Majumdarda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 00:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

From classy to effeminate - what a horrid and thoughtless change, Royal Enfield.

I was aware that dealers are being asked to revamp all stores in line with the new brand identity, but did not realise that the change contemplated is for worse.

Too much money to spend, too little brains to spend it wisely.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 16:51   #28
BHPian

Good that I took the right decision to get my bike before RE started with these changes over to all other models. I like the old simple and original logo.

New color options is a big welcome though!
Old 9th May 2014, 19:53   #29
BHPian

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-wp_000643-1024x768.jpg

Royal Enfield: New Logo & key design too!-wp_000644-1024x768.jpg

A few more snaps of the update on the instrument cluster on Both bikes
shan2129 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 01:31   #30
BHPian

Update : Here comes the introduction to new stripes online :

http://royalenfield.com/newstripes/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks