Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2014, 23:05   #61
BHPian

Hi ! I picked up my TB500 on Thursday. I do not have rights to message u so do PM me. Looking forward to meet up. Cheers!
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:01   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500. EDIT: Charger DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Hi ! I picked up my TB500 on Thursday. I do not have rights to message u so do PM me. Looking forward to meet up. Cheers!
COngratulations Mate. Wish you many years of happy and troublefree riding.
Old 24th November 2014, 09:34   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500. EDIT: Charger DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
Cool dude! Congrats. Sure, lets catch up sometime this weekend. I will send you my coordinates in PM if system allows.
Old 25th November 2014, 21:54   #64
BHPian

Re: My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 (aka Urban Cruiser

Hi @Abirnale, any chance we could speak sometime please?

Thanks,
Madhu
Old 25th November 2014, 22:26   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 (aka Urban Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
any chance we could speak sometime please?
Sure thing. Sent you a PM on your email on how to contact me.
Old 11th March 2015, 15:57   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500. EDIT: Charger DIY too

It had been super long time since I posted something here! Unpardonable thing

So here is an update. In the month of December, the oil change was due. It was performed looking at the calendar time spent and not the odo! Blame it on my work and frequent travels.

My urban thumper has clocked 3300 Kms so far on odometer. Due to my work travel, its not been used regularly. But when its used, I try to cover up for the missed miles. Just before I went on 4 weeks travel in Feb End- March beginning, I had been to new year drive with many more TBhpians to Bans Hotel - Chittor on my bike. It was my first longish ride! The bike was so much fun, I fail in love with it all over again! Apart from the memories of ride, below is the only picture I have - Thanks Mohit for the awesome company!

My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500. EDIT: Charger DIY too-img_0947.jpg

And then bike went in hibernation again by end of January. Almost entire Feb I was out and bike did not move a millimetre from the place it was left! And guess what, before I left for my work travel, I had forgotten to decouple the battery!

So when I came back in Feb last week, I wasn't really expecting it to work! So cautiously instead of using the electric start, I pumped the kick for few times and then put on the key. After couple of unsuccessful kicks, resorted back to electric start. And the bike thumped to life

The same week on meetup thread, saw the IPC dinner meet and again went for this shortish ride. It was fun again!

Recent Cause of Worry:
The only observation I made during this last two months usage - the idle RPM was jumping well beyond 1400 mark. I remember it used to be around 1100 always but this additional idle RPM has also been observed with some stressed-continuous thumps. Seems like something is wrong. Any pointers?

Last edited by abirnale : 11th March 2015 at 16:00. Reason: Highlighted cause of worry
Old 11th March 2015, 16:32   #67
Senior - BHPian

Re: My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500. EDIT: Charger DIY too

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Recent Cause of Worry:
The only observation I made during this last two months usage - the idle RPM was jumping well beyond 1400 mark. I remember it used to be around 1100 always but this additional idle RPM has also been observed with some stressed-continuous thumps. Seems like something is wrong. Any pointers?
Check the air intake tube. It's mostly known to crack in due course of time which causes the high erratic idling.
Old 11th March 2015, 16:40   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

No Rakesh - I did check that. There is no crack in the air intake tube. I have carefully examined it :(
Old 20th March 2015, 14:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No Rakesh - I did check that. There is no crack in the air intake tube. I have carefully examined it :(
Avinash,

Are you sure you are referring to the actual air intake pipe?

My suspect is the same, but not to worry the fix is simple. You can replace the pipe by yourself, else do let me know if you are free this weekend?

We can sync up tomorrow evening
Old 20th March 2015, 15:32   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recent Cause of Worry:
As a fellow Tbird500 owner I too had faced a similar issue, it was the usual suspect the cracked air breather pipe. I asked the service guys to check for the problem and they replaced the air breather pipe during the second free service. The issue got resolved and the motorycle came up to the normal idling RPM 1000 +or- 100.
Old 21st March 2015, 09:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I faced the same problem with my TB500. There was a tiny crack in the air intake tube. I took it to the service center and they replaced it free of cost within 15-20 minutes.
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:16   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Are you sure you are referring to the actual air intake pipe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
As a fellow Tbird500 owner I too had faced a similar issue, it was the usual suspect the cracked air breather pipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivtho View Post
I faced the same problem with my TB500.
Thank you gents for all the help and your suggestions.

I did visit the service station a week ago and checked that. According to technician there is no problem with air intake pipe. Seems to be fine. The technician adjusted the "thing" between tank and front seat for RPM and now its brought down to 850. I also replaced the silencer with RE off road silencer. Silencer alteration has nothing to do with idle RPM. But as of now there are no issues with idling RPM.

I also took the bike out for a Friday night dinner ride to Maddur. I occasionally hit the 90+ speeds and all other time sedate 50-70kmph. No changes in the idle RPM since then - note that the air intake pipe is still not replaced. I will watch it out for another 2-3 weeks and see if the symptoms repeat. This week, the bike is due for last free service too! So I will couple all of these checks and repairs if any with the service schedule.

It was fun riding to Maddur for dinner. The food at The empire Restaurant was so so but late night ride with company of other three bulleteers was awesome! The customary ride pic below -

My foray into the biking world - Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500. EDIT: Charger DIY too-maddurride.jpg

Stay tuned as I take the bike to 4th free service and updates thereafter!
Ride safe!
Old 31st August 2015, 14:49   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Long time no see :(

The last free service was performed on the thumper on July 2, 2015. I paid Rs 1549.50. The bike is doing perfectly fine.

Since the old companion "Silver Steed" (SX4) was replaced with the newer one - Cheetah (New Age XUV 5OO), the bike rested in garage for a long time. Almost after two months gap, I pulled it out of parking today. Couple of gentle kicks and electronic start, the bike is back in its original charm! Just before an hour, I took it for a spin after lunch hours for around 15 Kms and after filling tank, put it back in parking

The Odometer as of now reads 4595 Kms.
Old 31st August 2015, 15:33   #74
BHPian

Hello Abhi! It is good to see your post after a long time. Congratulations on the Cheetah. Hoping you will ride often & we get to ride together .
shaikhmimran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 17:33   #75
BANNED

Quote:
The Odometer as of now reads 4595 Kms.
Hey Avi,

Can you just post a couple of pictures of the headlight? I want to see the low beam and high beam setup.

Did you ever feel the need for an upgrade of headlights?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks