Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2017, 00:51   #76
BHPian

Re: DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
The annual service cost of tnt 300 sounds like on par with my VW polo (which is on higher side compared to Maruti and Hyundai, but not complaining as the quality it offers is different). Definitely on higher side for a 300cc bike. Service intervals and oil and filter change frequency also doesn't seem logical.
Yeah! That's one negative I was not a fan of. It's definitely a bike to have only if you have so much spare money to not worry about paying maybe ₹10000 extra for service. But that being said, except KTM most sports bikes are high on maintenance with an exception of Triumph which asks for only 1 service an year.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:13   #77
BHPian

Hello,
I did not find any official thread on TNT 300 other than this so posting it here.
Currently I own a P220 and want to upgrade it to TNT300. I have seen the bike, ridden it good enough to know what this beast is all about. Also I have met owners of Tnt300 and neither one has talked anything negative other than the short and costly service intervals. But these owners I had met were in their 3 to 5 months of ownership and not long termers.
Recently while researching on this bike I have found out many reliability issues of this bike and mostly are based of poor quality material and assembly methods. Some which I have read common are the sheering of wheel bearing, Instrument console going blank, engine sensors being replaced. And above all this one major issue I read and heard (from a service guy) some engines have seized due to the poor build quality and not due to cooling system failure.
So I am bit of confused whether to go for this or not.
TNT 300 owners please guide me through this. How is your experience with the bike as a long termer.
Regards.
Old 13th September 2017, 17:12   #78
BHPian

Hi,

I am more or less in the same predicament as you were (my choices are Duke 390 or TNT300) but I am inclined more towards TNT300. Since you have been with your beauty for quite a while now so wanted to know your inputs on:

1. Does the bike feels out of breath on highways?
2. How does it fare with a pillion?
3. How are her hillside/ghat manners? do you need to choke the life out of her during ascent?
4. How is the bike quality considering it is owned by 'chinese' company.
5. Does it heat up like KTMs?
7. I am hearing many stories about DSK group closing up shops? is it true? are the company planning to pull out the plug from India?
6. I have heard that the service schedule is changed under Happy Savings Plan, could you please let me the know the serivce interval now?
7. lastly, does the service schedule make you wanna rob a bank?

thanks in advance!

drive_angry
drive_angry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 12:15   #79
BHPian

My colleague has a TNT 300 Red, he drives constantly from Mysore to Bengaluru. When I asked him about performance, stability, handling and heat dissipation, he said, the bike handles well and no fatigue while driving with the riding position. Performance is excellent and mileage is excellent although he drives it fast. This is the point to be noted here. Regarding heat dissipation, this is well managed he says, no heat issues he complained.

I, myself became a fan of Benelli bikes on the day of launch of TNT series. Also, have driven TNT 600i and liked it a lot. Heat radiation is one which I was worried initially but managed well managed on highways, did not test it within the city much. Most valued is the exhaust note of 4 cylinders for TNT 600i and pleasant to hear. The design of TNT 600i is excellent. I see the parts are machined well, does not seem to be a problem as the parts are imported from China plant, quality is good too.

When I asked the dealer about the spares availability, I got the answer that almost all the parts are readily available, except frame & rims which do need some time in logistics to be imported which are not that fast moving spares. Benelli is there since long in India and one of the excellent bikes which I considered.

Good build quality, gives a feeling of Italian DNA and performance is also seen.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 25th May 2018 at 12:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks