Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2015, 12:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which 250 - 400 cc motorcycle should I buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
The requirement of not visiting service center often pretty much puts the cgt and the dukes out of contention.
A cbr makes the most sense.
Please give more details on the dukes needing regular service center visits.
Old 19th October 2015, 13:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Please give more details on the dukes needing regular service center visits.
Please read the threads in the forum that are there already.
Old 19th October 2015, 13:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

You guys want a fill it shut it forget it types motorcycles for daily use,

Buy the Cbr 250

And the added benefits are,
  • The service network is wide and will get parts with least waiting if you need any.
  • Parts are not super expensive compared to competition. In fact they are priced higher than KTM and lower than Yamaha and Kawasaki.
  • Relaxed riding posture, and suspension tuned for pothole laden roads and not track.
  • ABS option provided is icing on the cake, unlike some of its competition.
  • Decent mileage.
  • It doesn't stand out as much as the others when parked in public areas. Hence lesser vandalism prone.
  • Rock solid reliability!.

Other brands, haven't provided this good an all round package so far. I have a Ninja 250R(green), I know its a proper track tool and I am still sceptical about parking it in public places and have few other concerns given the vices of this bike.

But otherwise, mine is an awesome machine which makes me grin every time I rev it!.
rider60 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Please read the threads in the forum that are there already.
Thanks - that was very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

Buy the Cbr 250

• The service network is wide and will get parts with least waiting if you need any.
  • Parts are not super expensive compared to competition. In fact they are priced higher than KTM and lower than Yamaha and Kawasaki.
  • Relaxed riding posture, and suspension tuned for pothole laden roads and not track.
  • Decent mileage.
  • It doesn't stand out as much as the others when parked in public areas. Hence lesser vandalism prone.
Other brands, haven't provided this good an all round package so far. I have a Ninja 250R(green), I know its a proper track tool and I am still sceptical about parking it in public places and have few other concerns given the vices of this bike.

But otherwise, mine is an awesome machine which makes me grin every time I rev it!.
Thanks man.

Finally after months of calling like a crazy caller there is news of a batch of ABS that have been unloaded at a delhi dealer just before dussehra. I'm going over to buy it this weekend.

The problem is that they will give me a delhi temp registration number and I will have to get it registered myself in Gurgaon.

Wish me luck guys - the bike could be with me as early as Sunday - YAY!
Old 27th October 2015, 00:00   #80
BHPian

Quote:

Finally after months of calling like a crazy caller there is news of a batch of ABS that have been unloaded at a delhi dealer just before dussehra. I'm going over to buy it this weekend.

The problem is that they will give me a delhi temp registration number and I will have to get it registered myself in Gurgaon.

Fantastic! Hope you get it soon.

Is that because you are particular about having it registered in Gurgaon? I'm pretty sure getting it registered yourself is cumbersome and you'll have to shell out quite a bit to an agent, no? Plus there's the risk of riding it without registration and insurance.

Is this the current model or the new stickered one?
Old 27th October 2015, 09:28   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Hi It has been a real long wait by you. I wouldn't have been this patient and would have gone ahead without that. Wish you all the best many miles of safe riding.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 11:05   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

Buy the Cbr 250

• Decent mileage.

I agree with everything you say but after a test ride, what disappointed me is that the CBR is dull to ride. It's a good bike as a highway cruiser but in city conditions, it's not much fun to ride. Like all Hondas, it's too polished and too smooth to have any character and put a smile on your face. After trying a few other bikes, I finally bought a 200NS. It's cheaper than the Duke 200 to which it is closely related. Yes, it's a Bajaj but it does put a smile on my face everyday.

This is my opinion and you will probably disagree with me since you own a CBR250R and say that it puts a smile on your face.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 11:09   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats man! After all. I am waiting for Himalayan before I take the plunge.
Piyadassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 00:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I agree with everything you say but after a test ride, what disappointed me is that the CBR is dull to ride. It's a good bike as a highway cruiser but in city conditions, it's not much fun to ride. Like all Hondas, it's too polished and too smooth to have any character and put a smile on your face. After trying a few other bikes, I finally bought a 200NS. It's cheaper than the Duke 200 to which it is closely related. Yes, it's a Bajaj but it does put a smile on my face everyday.

This is my opinion and you will probably disagree with me since you own a CBR250R and say that it puts a smile on your face.
Hey at the end of the the day, what makes you happy matters, its you who has to live with the bike, if you like NS200 and it makes you happy, I am happy for you.

I own a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, not the honda. The thread was related to the question of a reliable daily duty bike. So, I suggested Honda with its pros and cons.

I not a honda person nor am I a kawasaki person. If the bike/Vehicle/product fits my requirement, budget and makes me happy, I would never mind the brands, I just buy it.

And congrats on your NS200.

FYI: I have an Apache RTR180. I loves it pouncing character alot too. Just does what I need for city rides.

Last edited by rider60 : 28th October 2015 at 00:39.
rider60 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 12:01   #85
Senior - BHPian

Update - took the test ride of a CBR250 off Quikr yesterday. Nice serious owner who doesnt ride much but gets services done on time!

But didnt like it.
- Initial acceleration like a Karizma till 6000 RPM
- Front end is as heavy as a pulsar
- Seemed a bit noisy
- Till 80 felt clearly slower than my Swift diesel.

Will TR more - not "jumping" into the purchase this weekend.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:17   #86
BHPian

@phamilyman how about buying a used Ninja 650 (2011 model) ?
arpandiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 06:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
@phamilyman how about buying a used Ninja 650 (2011 model) ?
bhai mere you're the man. Will call you to discuss actually.

I tried the RC390 (Duke wasnt available) in a parking lot in Gurgaon and I have finally understood the meaning of the word "Donor-Cycle". Its terrible for commutes in India, sounds GRUFF, picks up speed scarily fast and brakes even more instantly. I felt like I was slipping off many times. The CBR felt slow but didn't feel like it was outside my motorcycling abilities. On a slippery granite surface it felt like I was going to drop it because of unwieldiness at lower speeds + super brakes + posture.

Some part of me has made peace with the CBR250 (inspite of its company's third rate sales behavior) and is willing to live with that, basis multiple trusted folks' feedback. Heck - if Doc Arn used it for many of his records, so I can live with it!
Old 29th October 2015, 07:51   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But didnt like it.
- Seemed a bit noisy
Something wrong with that bike. While it doesn't have absolute low-end torque, it will start to leave a Karizma behind from 4K.
If front end is heavy, get the cone-set regreased. I had covered this in my ownership report.
I agree that a Swift D will fly past after ~110, but 80? Just no way.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 00:32   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Update - took the test ride of a CBR250 off Quikr yesterday. Nice serious owner who doesnt ride much but gets services done on time!

But didnt like it.
- Seemed a bit noisy

Will TR more - not "jumping" into the purchase this weekend.
I agree with Sheel. From your description, it doesn't really look like a well kept example. Having owned a karizma before, I can vouch for the fact that the acceleration is much better; those 9 extra ponies do show up. The torque from 3k to 4k is perfect to putter around the city. However, the first gear is a tad too short and 2nd a tad too long for slow moving traffic, resulting in what's well known as 'gear dance'. But with a few hundred kms, you can get the hang of it.

Like most Honda engines, it comes alive post 6k rpm and with correct shifts, it is definitely faster than a swift till about 80 - 100 kmph. It cruises very comfortably without any sort of stress or vibrations b/w 7.5 - 8k all day with the speedo happily b/w 110 - 120 kmph.

If you are coming down to Bangalore any time, you are welcome to test ride my bike.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 30th October 2015 at 00:35.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 06:54   #90
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Just to close my discussion on this thread - I bought a CBR250 on 1st Nov. The initial ownership thread is here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...r250r-abs.html

Thanks for your inputs and guidance on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Hi It has been a real long wait by you. I wouldn't have been this patient and would have gone ahead without that. Wish you all the best many miles of safe riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
If you are coming down to Bangalore any time, you are welcome to test ride my bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
Hi Team,

I am planning of an upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderZone View Post
For your height and budget, I think the CBR250R ABS would make sense. I would've suggested the Duke 390, but I think it'll look a bit small under you.

Although the CBR hasn't been updated in ages, it's still a pretty potent bike. Comfy riding position, bullet-proof engine and Japanese refinement is what you get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I agree that a Swift D will fly past after ~110, but 80? Just no way.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks