Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 20:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike

I for one love this Navi. If the front storage box can accommodate a laptop bag, I would be going for it with closed eyes (especially, if Wifey keeps her eyes closed when I am buying it). I have been long looking for a gearless bike and the convenience of an automatic. The one thing I have always hated which driving my bike to office had been carrying the laptop bag. I would usually mount the bag on the fuel tank and put the straps around the handle bar. If this Navi is practical one, I would like to buy it asap. A big thumps up Honda. However, I have been looking for something like PCX125 from Honda or even Zir from Hero. Unfortunately, there launch does not appear any sooner.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 00:46   #17
BHPian

Absolutely love it! Perfect city tackler, the off road/adv one. Wonder where they are getting those tire options. Knobby, dual and street. Are they using the ewly launched michelin tires?

Wish they come up with the navi2 3 ones with larger tires, bigger fuel tank and disc brakes.
Old 5th February 2016, 01:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Why would someone who wants a scooter, compromise on the practicality (underseat storage and storage on the footboard) to buy this "thing" which is netiher scooter nor bike, nor does it have impressive stats?

If they are only targeting the college-going crowd, then yes, it's an eye-pleaser (probably because it looks different than what we are used to seeing), but I don't understand the product positioning.

1. 10K Price Difference

2. Someone who doesn't need the front foot storage (like me). Also it looks like he under seat storage can be compensated by the under tank storage

3. Someone who adores the practicality of a scooter but does not find scooters interesting/funky enough

4. Even a 35 Plus (young at heart) guy like me, who finds the concept pretty funky and would seriously consider it than going for a scooter (for that quick commute)

5. The very reason (Smart Business Move) why the Navi would be considered a product that is totally different compared to the Activa, despite sharing the same engine and chassis/mechanicals.

Last edited by payeng : 5th February 2016 at 01:11.
Old 5th February 2016, 08:07   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Why would someone who wants a scooter, compromise on the practicality (underseat storage and storage on the footboard) to buy this "thing" which is netiher scooter nor bike, nor does it have impressive stats? If they are only targeting the college-going crowd, then yes, it's an eye-pleaser (probably because it looks different than what we are used to seeing), but I don't understand the product positioning.
Firstly, it is a LOT cheaper. Secondly, there is a form of storage under the tank, then you have the fact that this ought to be much more fun to ride than a scooter as well as offer better ride quality and get less unsettled by undulations. This should be able to tackle village roads better and also allow you to filter through traffic easily

I for one am absolutely stunned. Hope the scooter-like positioning of the motor doesn't offset the handling dynamics that one ought to expect. If this is a well balanced little thing then it ought to be a treat for anyone. The price seems unbelievable too. Can't wait to see the roads flooded with these

Last edited by IshaanIan : 5th February 2016 at 08:14.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 08:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Why would someone who wants a scooter, compromise on the practicality (underseat storage and storage on the footboard) to buy this "thing" which is netiher scooter nor bike, nor does it have impressive stats? If they are only targeting the college-going crowd, then yes, it's an eye-pleaser (probably because it looks different than what we are used to seeing), but I don't understand the product positioning.
Ok. I say there are people in need of this kind of bike / scooter.

I traded my bike and bought Suzuki Access so that all at home can use it. It served the purpose, but only thing is I am not able to ride it regularly as I get back pain it being a scooter. So, this Honda is a blessing in disguise and very practical.

Also cost is much lower.
Old 5th February 2016, 14:22   #21
BHPian

Wierd as it, its oddly appealing. If they had to give me the off road version as pictured with the option of a 150 cc engine (like the one on the PCX) I would do this in a heartbeat. Until then its *sigh* back to waiting for Hero to come through with the ZIR.
Old 8th February 2016, 22:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Today I booked a Navi and I was promised delivery in the first week of March. The dealer told me that there was quite a few interested at the new design of Bike-Scooter, while some thought that Rajdoot Bobby was relaunched !!!
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 23:46   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Today I booked a Navi and I was promised delivery in the first week of March. The dealer told me that there was quite a few interested at the new design of Bike-Scooter, while some thought that Rajdoot Bobby was relaunched !!!
That's great news congratulations were there any customization options on offer as well?
Old 8th February 2016, 23:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
That's great news congratulations were there any customization options on offer as well?
I will get to know about customization options in next few weeks.
Old 9th February 2016, 00:35   #25
BHPian

The bike/ Bikette makes perfect sense for those who are looking for a runabout vehicle, it is smaller and sleeker takes a lot less parking space.

More than the Grom, which is a geared Bikette, this one is similar to the Rukus.
Old 9th February 2016, 21:45   #26
BHPian

Honda Navi will be available in five colours Patriot Red, Shasta White, Black, Hopper Green and Sparky Orange. Accessory list includes crash guard, cafe racer style rear view mirrors, handles, crossbar, foot pegs, silencer protector, pillion grab rail, mobile phone holder and USB charger. These will be sold over the counter at Honda dealerships. If anyone want then I can post the pictures of all the colour options and accessories.
Source: indianautosblog.com
Old 9th February 2016, 22:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Honda Navi will be available in five colours Patriot Red, Shasta White, Black, Hopper Green and Sparky Orange. Accessory list includes crash guard, cafe racer style rear view mirrors, handles, crossbar, foot pegs, silencer protector, pillion grab rail, mobile phone holder and USB charger. These will be sold over the counter at Honda dealerships. If anyone want then I can post the pictures of all the colour options and accessories.
Accessories list is available with dealers and can be ordered along with the booking, based on the choice of your variant and color. Though pricing of 3 variants is still not available.
Old 27th February 2016, 12:10   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Did you get the Scooter-Bike yet sir? Eager to know some details including costs and accessories.
Old 27th February 2016, 12:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Honda Navi will be available in five colours Patriot Red, Shasta White, Black, Hopper Green and Sparky Orange.

Accessory list includes crash guard, cafe racer style rear view mirrors, handles, crossbar, foot pegs, silencer protector, pillion grab rail, mobile phone holder and USB charger.

These will be sold over the counter at Honda dealerships. If anyone want then I can post the pictures of all the colour options and accessories.
Accessories List Eh?

I have heard that Honda dealers sell NUMBER PLATES as ACCESSORIES

Old 27th February 2016, 13:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Did you get the Scooter-Bike yet sir? Eager to know some details including costs and accessories.
Deliveries will happen only mid April. Right now Honda is offering only a standard version with a possibility to add accessories to pimp your ride!!!

Last edited by hillram : 27th February 2016 at 13:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks