Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 21:08   #91
BHPian

Re: Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike

My kids too are restricted to the colony

According to their regional office this issue is in Telangana and AP only and is likely to be resolved by Wednesday.

Fingers crossed and waiting!

As you mentioned the bike attracts a lot of attention and questions. Kitne mein liya.... Mileage kitna deta!!!
Old 12th May 2016, 23:23   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im taking a spin for my NAVI with in my colony limits which itself is attracting so many good comments and s..
Dear Sir,

Do relate how the riding experience is once you get out on the roads. I have Aviator which I use for the Milk & Egg run as I call it. But this little moped/scooter looks fun and I am interested.

And congratulations to you and to Hillram Jr. on his first bike.
Old 14th May 2016, 22:20   #93

I fail to understand how can they do this to the customers who are paying the full price of the bike / scooter. I feel that all the people who are affected by the issue should get together and launch a formal complaint against Honda for selling the vehicles which can not be driven on the roads legally yet. IMO, you early adapters should be compensated for this mishap.
SatsMumbai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 02:22   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatsMumbai View Post
I fail to understand how can they do this to the customers who are paying the full price of the bike / scooter. I feel that all the people who are affected by the issue should get together and launch a formal complaint against Honda for selling the vehicles which can not be driven on the roads legally yet. IMO, you early adapters should be compensated for this mishap.
How is Honda at fault for a glitch in the RTO?
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 02:38   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
How is Honda at fault for a glitch in the RTO?
As mentioned by an actual owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Four days ago I made the payment and took delivery of my Honda Navi. A day later when I asked the dealer about the T/R, I came to know that the vehicle has not yet been approved by Telangana RTA. However Honda dealers have been taking payment and delivering these vehicles in spite of knowing this. The vehicle cannot be registered (not even T/R) till approved.
Riding this vehicle on the roads is hence illegal!
Shocked to see Honda knowingly break the law. I brought this to the notice of their regional office in Bangalore. They offered some lame excuse about their certifying agency making a mistake.
To my question as to why the vehicles are being delivered to customers without type approval, they had no answer.
Just imagine what would happen if Toyota sells Innova in Delhi to you and then you get to know that you can not register to drive the car.

I am sure if the current owners in the affected RTO areas are informed ahead of the purchase by Honda that this is the problem and will be resolved soon, then it is more informed decision making for the purchaser. It looks like Honda is aware of it but conveniently not informing the customers.
Old 16th May 2016, 00:27   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatsMumbai View Post
As mentioned by an actual owner

Just imagine what would happen if Toyota sells Innova in Delhi to you and then you get to know that you can not register to drive the car.

I am sure if the current owners in the affected RTO areas are informed ahead of the purchase by Honda that this is the problem and will be resolved soon, then it is more informed decision making for the purchaser. It looks like Honda is aware of it but conveniently not informing the customers.
Tone down your logic, there is a degree of difference between breaking the law and selling something (Toyota Innova example) and selling a product that is not registered in only 2-3 local RTO's due to a software glitch at the RTO.

That they didn't inform could have been they thought it would be resolved by delivery. It's unprofessional, lazy and unethical, but not illegal.
You should note that in other RTO's across the state and the country it is being registered.
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 08:02   #97
BHPian

It's not just two or three local RTO's, it's across the states of Telangana and AP.

Not informing buyers in advance may be unethical, but certainly selling a vehicle which is not approved/roadworthy is illegal.

And how can delivery resolve the problem?
Old 17th May 2016, 05:02   #98
BHPian

Hope all the AP and Telengana Navi people got their registeration issues fixed. Just TD'ed one and it's a hoot.

And for someone 6 ft and 120kgs extremely comical and fun, It reminds how I used to ride the old Ki-Ho sitting on the back seat.
Old 5th June 2016, 11:58   #99
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Navi doing what it does the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-img_20160604_183522.jpg  

tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 09:07   #100
BANNED

Honda Navi crosses 10,000 unit sales mark

HMSI's Navi has crossed 10,000 unit sales in just two months of its availability, informed the company in an official statement released on Monday.

Quote:
Yadvinder Singh Guleria - Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, HMSI said, "We are delighted with the overwhelming response for Navi from customers, especially from urban trend setting youth. Unconventional design, looks and endless possibilities of customization, make owning Navi a FUNtastic experience."

Guleria further added, "The unique appeal has made it a rage in the two wheeler industry. While we celebrate 10,000 units of Navi and expand the Navi phenomenon to new cities, the number of bookings are increasing. Navi is a 3 in one package with the ride feel of a motorcycle, comfort of a scooter and fun of a customized creation - if that is not Navi-lution then what?"
SOURCE: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-mark/52832830
Old 21st June 2016, 15:29   #101
BHPian

We bought a Navi last Saturday. This is basically a gift from my Wife . We needed a small bike for our daily household works. The bike/scooter is quite a looker and can attract crowd. I have been asked more than 20 times in last few days.

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-img_20160618_153656994.jpg

I have installed a side stand, rear grabber, crash guard, seat cover and stickers.
Uprasenjit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 16:16   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
This bike/scooter is funky of course, but would not find any space in the market as it satisfies none of the above. Just for the fresh looks, and an interesting concept, it might attract some college kids, but the buying will end there.
To me, this product seems dead on arrival.
I am quoting myself - this was what I wrote a few months back when Honda launched Navi. As expected, the moped is not setting the sales chart on fire and still seeing someone ride Navi is a rare sight.
But I would like to add some more points about this wonderful moped, based on my personal experience.

We were in Honda showroom yesterday, as we are looking for a comfortable scooter for my wife. Probable choice from the Honda stable is Activa-i, due to its light weight and smaller dimensions, which enables my wife to handle the scooter easily.
Once we entered the showroom, the first thing that caught our eyes was the Navi. The moped is something that we have not seen so far in our two wheeler market, and it looked cool!
Seeing our interest, the SA offered a test ride on it. While my wife backed off, I took the chance to experience it.
To sum up the ride quality in one sentence: It was fun.
I have driven Pulsar and Activa extensively, and riding on Navi was like combining both these experiences together. Activa's smooth running engine with automatic gears, on a motorcycle-like body style, coupled with its small dimensions similar to an Excel Super is a unique combination, which cannot be found in any other vehicle in our market!
The automatic gearing and the smooth engine lets one to easily move in low speeds (No need for shifts), while the bike like nature helps us to ride along easily (Anyone who rides motorcycles frequently would find there is nothing to support their knees when first riding a scooter) and the small dimensions give the confidence to tackle roads pretty easily.
We spent about an hour on the showroom, and majority of this time we spent for Navi.
Sadly, we needed utility out of our scooter purchase, so Navi would not fit my case. This being the case, I am working out the budget constraints & possibilities to get an Activa-i for my wife and Navi for myself
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:17   #103
Senior - BHPian

This scoot has taken the market (bangalore at least) by storm.

Paper Delivery boys to college kids, IT goers (with the customary dell laptop bag) to soccer moms, pretty ladies to septuagenarian couples - this is what the boring entry level 2-wheeler market needed.

Navi has turned out to be a "Pulsar - Activa - Himalayan - KTM" kind of league in the mundane 2 wheeler market.

A true game changer!
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 16:47   #104
BHPian

For anyone wanting to see them side by side
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-hondanavivsrajdootbobbygtscomparisonreview75538.jpg  

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-hondanavivsrajdootbobbygtscomparisonreview75524.jpg  

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-hondanavivsrajdootbobbygtscomparisonreview75525.jpg  

Mirage is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 16:45   #105
BHPian

I got my Navi registered today. Navi is a looker, wherever I stand people start asking questions !!

Honda Navi: A scooter disguised as a bike-img_20160709_115042187.jpg
Uprasenjit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks