Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 12:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Royal Enfield Himalayan - Snow White

Congrats Mahesh. Looking forward for more feedback on this post your first service. Really loved the seating comfort this offers.
The test ride bike which i tried, gear levers were very hard. I had to literally stomp on it. Shrugged it off on assumption that lot of people would have test rode the bike and abused it during the ride.
Wish they would have extended the gear shifter to accommodate heel shifting. With the existing setup, it is going to eat up some leather from the shoes.
Any news about the pannier, petrol cans they showcased during the launch.

Last edited by rk_sans : 18th May 2016 at 12:09.
rk_sans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 12:10   #17
BHPian

Congrats buddy!!!Like many I have been looking out for a crisp comparo of the Himalayan with the the TB500. I am now fully convinced with the Himalayan as it ticks most of my requirement boxes.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 12:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the latest acquisition.

This is one Enfield which is not one in any way at all.
After a long 'test ride' I had last weekend, my mind is all messed up thinking of the upgrade after my 96' 500.

Simple bike, that does the job.

I am one of those Indians who would want a ABS since I tend to brake late
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 13:33   #19
BHPian

Congratulations!

This is by far RE's best effort, keep the motor aside and this bike is practicality personified, everything is purpose built.

I love the fact that the handle bar is left free and a separate mount for the headlight has been designed instead. A light handle bar would be so helpful on long broken roads i.e Himalayas.

The front fork travel without compromising on the ride height, again awesome for the dream Himalaya ride.

It sounds awesome, Kick ass windshield, choice of carb over FI, purposeful tires, ability to modify into a full blown tourer without much fuss the list goes on.

I wanted to know, although yours is a good choice, what made you stay away from the Mojo? I own one since December and have enjoyed every minute of it. Unlike the Himalayan, the gem on the Mojo is the motor, its something else to ride.
SamuraiJack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 13:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mahesh. It is a bike which can transform an idle guy to active mode. Thanks for the initial feedback and looking forward for the updates as she break in and conquers tough terrains.

Infact one of my friend fell in love with the Himalayan for an upgrade from Pulsar 200NS as he graduated from bachelorhood. Could you please throw little more light on your wife's point of view on the new bike. He is in a dilemma whether TB500 or Himalayan would suit his need as mostly accompanied by wife for long travels.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 15:53   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
The test ride bike which i tried, gear levers were very hard.

Wish they would have extended the gear shifter to accommodate heel shifting.
Thank you Santosh Saar, take it for a spin when we meet next. The gears are real butter smooth especially after service. You must ride it to believe it. Even before service the gears were not much of a challenge and since I use it for my everyday office with a weekly twice or thrice on Bangalore Darshan ride (you know what I mean with this) the leathers on my shoes are still good. Proof is in the picture which I have attached.

September/October is the suggested time for the panniers and petrol cans

My Royal Enfield Himalayan - Snow White-img20160518wa0000.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
I am now fully convinced with the Himalayan as it ticks most of my requirement boxes.
Am happy that you got convinced, Good Luck with your buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Congrats on the latest acquisition.

Simple bike, that does the job.

I am one of those Indians who would want a ABS since I tend to brake late
Thanks tharian, am sure with your experience you will find an easy way to handle better even with late braking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Congratulations!
Unlike the Himalayan, the gem on the Mojo is the motor, its something else to ride.
Congrats on the Mojo, you can find my take on the Mojo when we did testing on some pre-production samples. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3800839)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Congratulations Mahesh.
He is in a dilemma whether TB500 or Himalayan would suit his need as mostly accompanied by wife for long travels.
Thanks mate.

Go ahead and ask him to spend his hard earned monies on the RE Himalayan. Its well worth every penny. The seating posture is very relaxed and does not interfere with the rider. However there might be chances of legs fouling with each other if they are tall.

Last edited by ku69rd : 18th May 2016 at 15:55.
ku69rd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 15:58   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. Hope you have many miles of discovery in this.
@jacs - we test drove this bike and i would safely say the rear seating is not that bad. Infact the foam used in the Himalayan seats are much better and softer for long rides.
especially after driving my STD500.
FuelInjector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 04:57   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on the Himalayan. Nice write up too.

Being an ex TB500 owner, I can relate to what you are saying when comparing the Himalayan with the TB500. Looks like RE have a real winner with this one.

Please update the thread with new learnings. Safe riding.
basilmabraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 05:56   #24
BHPian

The center stand hits the chain on a rebound; i.e. once the you are bouncing out of pothole the stand smashes into the chain.

Please look into that carefully, tightening only makes it worse and that spring setup starts to sag in time. All these points noted on the test bike while visiting them waiting for my Himalayan to be delivered.

I have already deleted the center stand option from my bike (yes its an optional extra) I have a paddock stand at home and will use some ingenuity on the road.

Last edited by amitc7 : 19th May 2016 at 05:58.
amitc7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 07:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
"it was my time to be finally with her alone. What a ride it was back home, we went over the road humps together, over the broken tarmac with me standing on "
haha gave out a laugh, a love letter would have been less romantic. Great writeup mate shows your passion for riding. Rated 5 stars thanks for sharing
mh09ad5578 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 12:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
haha gave out a laugh, a love letter would have been less romantic. Great writeup mate shows your passion for riding. Rated 5 stars thanks for sharing
Haha you caught the drift Well thank you for reading it with so much of intent. Cheers mate.

Riding for sure lets me be what I am, rest of the time you ought to pose to keep others happy around you

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
The center stand hits the chain on a rebound; i.e. once the you are bouncing out of pothole the stand smashes into the chain.
Amit, So far the center stand is doing its job as designed for. No issues on that, will scratch my head when it gives way. Else Plastic Tie Zindabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Congratulations on the Himalayan. Nice write up too.
Thanks mate, sure will keep this thread updated. My tomorrow I should be able to put in the details of my first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuelInjector View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Hope you have many miles of discovery in this.
Thanks for your kind words, I would not be too worried as long as the miles of discovery have good learnings for me

Last edited by ku69rd : 19th May 2016 at 12:12.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 12:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
A write up of my budding experience with yet another mindless acquisition in my motorcycling life.
Congratulations on the new bike mate. Mine is yet to come, sometime next month hopefully!

Can you shed a light on how you clean it? AFAIK, washing with soapy liquid is a strict no-no for matte paint.

Also, I agree with your comparison with the TB500. I have a C500 and the Himalayan though lacks on the humongous 44Nm torque, it gives a much more smoother and comfortable ride. The suspension on the TB500 and C500 is leagues behind.
maker_of_things is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 13:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! Glad to see the first ownership thread of the Himalayan! Of course, this is going to be the most-looked thread for your experiences. So we request you post as much details, experiences and photos you can for our reading pleasure
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 13:23   #29
BHPian

ku69rd - you didn't get my point, the stand hits the chain and it's not when it will. Go and check it.
Keep the bike on the side stand and press down and release, the stand will hit the chain. The same happens on every bump and pothole.

Anyway that aside the Himalayan is near perfect for it's price.
amitc7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 13:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
Congratulations on the new bike mate. Mine is yet to come, sometime next month hopefully!
Thanks mate and advance wishes on your bike. Do share your experience on this forum.

Regarding cleaning the bike, I generally am using plain tap water to clean it up. Since there are no stains as of now its easy to just wash n wipe.

Am 'googling' out more information on how to maintain the MATT finish without any stains and a few are really cost effective. Shall share it once I use them and get convinced that its the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Congratulations!
Thanks Gordon, Will do my best to keep the thread updated with loads of photos and my experience with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
the stand will hit the chain. The same happens on every bump and pothole.
Ah Gotcha what you are trying to tell. Am confident that its not happening but however I shall take a few photos later today and will try to post them whilst doing the exercise.

If going by what you say is true, then RE must be taken to the courts as its a safety hazard. They will not be able to clear fitness tests conducted by RTO (Not sure if ARAI also tests for safety)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks