Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2006, 15:13   #31
BHPian

why? people move tour on Pulsars and Karizmas dont they? So imagine one with the same levels of refinement, easy availability of spares and service, more consistant kms per liter, and easy affordability.

Anyway, I ll drop it at this. No hard feelings.
Old 5th November 2006, 15:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
I don't think you can compare Bullets with Harleys, even though Enfield is trying really hard to wannabe them. Heck they're even naming giving their bikes the same names - does Electra ring a bell?

Harleys became popular because of the whole rebel image. Bullets became popular because farmers, havaldars and milkmen like them. It's only recently that they've become "cool" because their new models are trying hard to look like Harleys at 1/10th the price.

Also Harleys have the big engine blocks to carry off the whole cruiser look and feel. 350 cc is half a cruiser.

Didn't mean to tick anyone off, but I really like Harleys.
arey yaar whats your problem if you dont like Enfield so be it keep posting on some other topic
but dont type ur malicious comments in a way to promote anger from fellow bulleteers.

and FYI u can never compare a Harley to an ENFIELD.
An Enfield is in a league of its own, its a Single and its a Thumper not a V-Twin.

the problem in this thread is that most have NEVER had a ride on a bullet, some have had a ride or two and MAYBE there are a few real enthusiats who know what they want to communicate.

In short a Bullet has a primitive engine, lousy brakes, lots of vibration, etc etc etc but this all gets compensated when you listen to that magical thump beat and the feeling of pure riding for pleasure and not riding like a maniac.

just hope enfield maintains the models std and std500 for the die hard bulleteers

Last edited by 2fast4u : 5th November 2006 at 15:44.
Old 5th November 2006, 15:59   #33
BHPian

people tour on pulsars and karizmas with more consistence kms per ltr.-
the trooper

yes bro,no second thought about it.these are very good machines and bajaj with its pulsar has made every indian proud and i being a true indianam very very proud.
bajaj 150 (pulsar) -45-50 kms ltr
bajaj 180 (pulsar) -40 km ltr (app)
karizma 250 -35 km ltr (app)
bullet 350 -35 km ltr (app)
which has a better fuel efficiency.a massive beast 350cc giving 35 or a pulsar 180 giving 40-45.
if you talk 0-60 then i agree my bro thers no comparison but take it out on the open road and see what this 70 years old junk metal can do.
you talk about the sales, volumes.leave apart india.bullet 500 is being exported to uk.once reached there the electrical parts are upgraded,a better 5 speed gearbox is added,the clutch system replaced with a dry one.people are buying it .after so so many years they are delighted to see the ENFIELD BACK
Old 5th November 2006, 16:00   #34
BANNED

2fast, I'm not being malicious and definitely not trying to anger you. I'm only reacting to a comparison made by some other members between Bullets and Harleys, and to Enfield Bullet "Electra" being a blatant rip off of Harley Davidson Electra Glide.

I have ridden a few Bullets, old and new, not a regular rider but more than just once or twice. The only reason I haven't ridden them any more is out of personal choice. Hence I think I'm in a decent position to comment.

Thank you for your permission to post on other topics.
Old 5th November 2006, 22:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero
people tour on pulsars and karizmas with more consistence kms per ltr.-
the trooper

yes bro,no second thought about it.these are very good machines and bajaj with its pulsar has made every indian proud and i being a true indianam very very proud.
which has a better fuel efficiency.a massive beast 350cc giving 35 or a pulsar 180 giving 40-45.
if you talk 0-60 then i agree my bro thers no comparison but take it out on the open road and see what this 70 years old junk metal can do.
you talk about the sales, volumes.leave apart india.bullet 500 is being exported to uk.once reached there the electrical parts are upgraded,a better 5 speed gearbox is added,the clutch system replaced with a dry one.people are buying it .after so so many years they are delighted to see the ENFIELD BACK

ROTFLMAO!!!!

i dont have time for this anymore man. Ur way of reasoning and compring bikes leaves me dumbfounded.
Old 6th November 2006, 09:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed cost of petrol is same for all bikes. Definition of fuel efficiency is Kms run per litre or kms run per rupee and definitely from everyone's knowledge of number system 45>35.

Quote:
hey man do you know of the cost involved in all this, people who do it or the reason they do it for ? Also Indian market is about volumes not exclusivity if you see from a wider perspective.

I understand love of Bullets from their admirers/owners is legendary as the brand itself but you have to be reasonable in putting up an argument.

Regards
Bullfrog

P.S. I own a classic and absolutely love the British single thumpers including the Bullet.
Old 6th November 2006, 21:14   #37
BHPian

One thing guys.... all i know bout a bull is that

"bull is a bull" .. dont have any explanation. I aint a fan of a bullet but i kinda repect the way it is.... if u are a really bullet lover make sure leg pains reguarly

Try NOT comparing a bull with other bikes.. it hink a real bull lover will be able to expailn it

Last edited by nosfreak : 6th November 2006 at 21:18.
Old 7th November 2006, 17:33   #38
kph
BHPian

The reason for one liking a bike/brand can be emotional (sentimental attachment) or technical or some other advantages the machine’s got. It can be a combination of both. It’s truly appreciable the way some of you gave stories about the attachment they have with their machines. No machine is going to be emotionally attached to anyone without any ‘goodness’ associated with it. That is fact.
Old 9th November 2006, 14:20   #39
BHPian

Some people like blonds, some brunettes, some asians, some chinese, some like guys....So why someone likes a bullet:

She takes two to ten rigid kicks to start, providing scope for arthritis;
She leaks now and then and makes my costly Van Heusen look like Levis carpenter;
She stops at the very next petrol bunk, waiting for more;
She walks like a bull (is she supposed ride?) when the pulsar smokes me at signals;
She stops at the middle of nowhere, and tells me I am bull and I love my mech;
She rattles your ear of and lets you know its time tune here again (and you thought you serviced her some 500kms before);
She breaks her brand new clutch/throttle wire and asks you, “Are you prepared dude?”;
She is bestowed with CDI etc etc and all she throws is a muddy light making the TVS-50 bloke make you dip and dim;
She is dressed with lacquer and other new R.E. technology and shows paint peels within 10 days and chicken pox blister in 30 days;
She is gleaming in chrome, and shows her rust the very next day;
She is…
She is….
She is……

I am fed up, I am fed up of my bull, I hate her, I spent 80K to buy her, I spent 20K on modifying her, I spent 10K repainting her, I spend 2 hrs every week polishing her, still she does these to me…I hate her, I will just abandon her, With irritation at the peak and no savior or angel around to help me, I realize I made the STUPIDEST mistake ever…I tell myself get rid of her and I be DONE…I climb my stairs at 11 p.m. cursing this stupid Bullet and then finish Dinner and browse my daily routine (TBhp, xBhp, madrasbulls, RD club) and I hit my bed at 1.

Then I find myself at 3 a.m. at the garage polishing her and hugging her and saying I am sorry…

WHY DO I LOVE HER?

Is it because her musical thump makes me ride her 6 days a week than listening to my super ICE in my Santro?
Is it because of the camaraderie of the fellow bulleter who stops the moment he sees a stranded bullet?
Is it because of the camaraderie of the bulleters in the club?
Is it because next door police man (when I was a kid) sowed the seed that everything else is a bike but this a bullet?
Is it because when the bullet thumps in pack in a ride you see from adults to kids wave at you?
Is it because when I travel from the US to UK the moment I say I am bulleter I get respect from the bikers?
Is it because from the idiotic shareauto to psychotic autowallas give me way when I blare my bosch horn with the Bullet majestic appeal?
Or:

Is it because she makes me spend so much time with her, she is now a part of me?

I don’t know…but I know I can’t live without her…

Last edited by madbullram : 9th November 2006 at 14:21.
madbullram is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2006, 14:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Touchy, nicely put dude
Old 9th November 2006, 14:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper
why? people move tour on Pulsars and Karizmas dont they? So imagine one with the same levels of refinement, easy availability of spares and service, more consistant kms per liter, and easy affordability.

Anyway, I ll drop it at this. No hard feelings.
Yo trooper, good to see you here man!!!
Old 9th November 2006, 14:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram
She is…
She is….
She is……

I am fed up, I am fed up of my bull, I hate her, ...........................

Then I find myself at 3 a.m. at the garage polishing her and hugging her and saying I am sorry…

WHY DO I LOVE HER?

Wonderful, Fantastic, Romantic, Crazy!

This is the BEST reply on this thread
Old 9th November 2006, 14:36   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Wonderful, Fantastic, Romantic, Crazy!

This is the BEST reply on this thread
Thanks mate...it is like a girl friend or wife asking you...why do you love me????

Certain things are done from heart and the brain has no say in it...
Old 9th November 2006, 15:28   #44
kph
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram
Is it because she makes me spend so much time with her, she is now a part of me?
Just one word..... "awesome"
Old 9th November 2006, 16:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

@ram

Sniff! your post touched a chord and broght back a flood of memories.

Spoken like a true bulleteer my friend.

Bravo. (makes me wanna run out and buy a bull again- who knows, maybe I will )

Most Viewed