Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2017, 19:44   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Between a wego and a jupiter what would you guys suggest? I am single, will only do short commutes in the city. I believe even the jupiter has the combi brake system now.
Both are decent. TVS has recently started positioning the Jupiter as a lifestyle product which is why the latest ones come with a windscreen I guess.

It just dawned on me that you're single and would be using the motorcycle only for short hauls. So have you considered the TVS XL? For less than 40k OTR you can get a 2T that would any day be more fun than the Navi etc.

The only reason I didn't go for the XL was due to the intended use being highway runs ranging from 150 to 300kms at the least.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 27th August 2017 at 19:46.
Old 27th August 2017, 21:02   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Both are decent. TVS has recently started positioning the Jupiter as a lifestyle product which is why the latest ones come with a windscreen I guess.

It just dawned on me that you're single and would be using the motorcycle only for short hauls. So have you considered the TVS XL? For less than 40k OTR you can get a 2T that would any day be more fun than the Navi etc.

The only reason I didn't go for the XL was due to the intended use being highway runs ranging from 150 to 300kms at the least.
I was thinking about it...i think if i was living further in a village of sorts i would have gotten it to be in tune with local scene in general. Here in bangalore, might just be a bit too odd.

I also wanted the floor board and under seat storage of the modern scooters. Or else would have just gotten a nice used impulse for the same price.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 12:56   #33
BHPian

Re: Which scooter to buy for short commutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
The difference in price between Activa and Jupiter is not much, would you still suggest the TVS twins?
I still feel the Wego/Jupiter is a better choice over the Activa 4G because -

1. They have a telescopic suspension which is better than the one on the Activa 4G (trailing link) because of which ride quality is surely better

2. Are lighter than the Activa and hence more fuel efficient

3. Cheaper

4. External fuel filler cap in the Jupiter (I guess wego too) and believe me you will be very happy every time you go to tank up

5. Optional mobile phone charger in the storage if you wish to have one

The only place where I feel the Activa has an edge would be higher resale (?) but then you pay less as well for the TVS twins anyway.
Old 30th August 2017, 11:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Between a wego and a jupiter what would you guys suggest? I am single, will only do short commutes in the city. I believe even the jupiter has the combi brake system now.
Honda Navi! Power/torque ratings are similar to the TVS twins; only negatives are a smaller fuel tank and no under seat storage. Trump card is it should definitely be cheaper than both Wego/Jupiter and much more of a scene stealer!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 30th August 2017, 15:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
have you considered the TVS XL? For less than 40k OTR you can get a 2T
This has to be a 4-stroke engine, but I may be wrong sir.

I doubt any 2 stroke vehicles are available in India currently as brand new.
Old 30th August 2017, 16:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
This has to be a 4-stroke engine, but I may be wrong sir. I doubt any 2 stroke vehicles are available in India currently as brand new.
You're right, it's a 4 stroke vehicle

Which scooter to buy for short commutes?-tvsxl.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 16:21   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post

4. External fuel filler cap in the Jupiter (I guess wego too) and believe me you will be very happy every time you go to tank up

5. Optional mobile phone charger in the storage if you wish to have one

The only place where I feel the Activa has an edge would be higher resale (?) but then you pay less as well for the TVS twins anyway.
+1

External Fuel cap & USB socket is standard on Wego.
Another plus is that, the console on the Wego is Fully digital with Date, Trip etc.

Lastly, I found the handling and acceleration to better in the Wego.
Old 30th August 2017, 17:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys reckon its a good idea to just wait it out until the festive season? October is not too far away, and i sense some deals to be had on new scooters come diwali.

What has been the general trend for October diwali discounts on scooters?
Old 30th August 2017, 18:01   #39
BANNED

Quote:
This has to be a 4-stroke engine, but I may be wrong sir.

I doubt any 2 stroke vehicles are available in India currently as brand new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
You're right, it's a 4 stroke vehicle

Attachment 1670932

Cheers,
Vikram
Well it seems the TVS XL has been removed from their official website, the TVS XL is a 70cc 2T motorcycle, had test ridden it a while ago along with the new TVS XL 100 which is a 4T.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 19:26   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

A further question. Does the TVS Jupiter disc variant also come with sync brake tech or is that reserved for the drum variant only?

Just saw a brand new jupiter in matte blue shade close up. Looks real good.
Old 30th August 2017, 22:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A further question. Does the TVS Jupiter disc variant also come with sync brake tech or is that reserved for the drum variant only?
From the tech specs on the website, it is reserved for the Drum brakes variant only and not for the disk brake one.
Old 13th November 2017, 20:07   #42
BHPian

Hello all,

I'm in the market for a moped. I'll be doing around 40-50 kms per day. I've shortlisted the following mopeds:

1. Honda Activa 125
2. Honda Grazia
3. TVS Jupiter
4.Vespa LX 125.

I'm concentrating more on the comfort and mileage aspect. Comfort is of utmost importance to me. Which would be the right choice? Please advice.
Old 13th November 2017, 21:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard1955 View Post
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a moped. I'll be doing around 40-50 kms per day. I've shortlisted the following mopeds:

1. Honda Activa 125
2. Honda Grazia
3. TVS Jupiter
4.Vespa LX 125.

I'm concentrating more on the comfort and mileage aspect. Comfort is of utmost importance to me. Which would be the right choice? Please advice.
IMO out of the above,

Jupiter for engine smoothness, mileage and excellent seat comfort, Grazia for its freshness and Bigger Engine. Vespa for its oomph factor.

Test riding all of these is the key. For eg: To me the Jupiter might be comfortable but for your body and frame it might not be so. Hence this aspect only you might be able to judge.

All the best.
The Great is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 09:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard1955 View Post
I'll be doing around 40-50 kms per day.
For a 40-50 km commute, IMO, a motorcycle would be better than a automatic scooter. My commute is also of a similar distance, and I used a Wego from 2011-2013, which was quite tiring. Sold the Wego and bought a bike in mid 2013, and instantly felt a difference. Maybe it was due to a better riding posture on the bike, or better control, or less time taken for the total commute - I don't know - but it surely led to an overall reduction in the tiredness.

If you have the budget for a Vespa, I think a few thousand more would get you a decent 150 cc bike.

Just my $0.02!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 09:28   #45
BHPian

Quote:
IMO out of the above,

Jupiter for engine smoothness, mileage and excellent seat comfort, Grazia for its freshness and Bigger Engine. Vespa for its oomph factor.

Test riding all of these is the key. For eg: To me the Jupiter might be comfortable but for your body and frame it might not be so. Hence this aspect only you might be able to judge.

All the best.
Point noted. Thank you! However, I was under the impression that Vespa would be the most comfortable out of the lot given it's advanced suspension system when compared to the rest. Thoughts?

Quote:
IMO out of the above,

All the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
For a 40-50 km commute, IMO, a motorcycle would be better than a automatic scooter. My commute is also of a similar distance, and I used a Wego from 2011-2013, which was quite tiring. Sold the Wego and bought a bike in mid 2013, and instantly felt a difference. Maybe it was due to a better riding posture on the bike, or better control, or less time taken for the total commute - I don't know - but it surely led to an overall reduction in the tiredness.

If you have the budget for a Vespa, I think a few thousand more would get you a decent 150 cc bike.

Just my $0.02!

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks for the input, Vikram! I generally hate two wheelers and I'm buying one out of sheer compulsion and ease of usage when compared to a car in this goddarned traffic in our cities. I carry a laptop bag and carrying it on a bike, I think that would be difficult. That's why I choose a scooter instead of a bike.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th November 2017 at 09:58. Reason: Back to back posts, please await moderator approval. Thanks.
ard1955 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks