Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2022, 21:00   #76
BHPian

Re: Which scooter to buy for short commutes?

Bumping up an old thread!

I need to buy a scooter ASAP. Like I can buy it even this weekend If I am lucky enough to get one. Currently in Pune. Any idea which scooter in 110/125 CC has the lowest waiting period? I am open to Honda/Suzuki/TVS as all are almost the same in the long run. I just need a scooter that can take me/my wife from point A to point B. Nothing more than 3-5 KM per day.
Old 14th June 2022, 21:03   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Bumping up an old thread!

I need to buy a scooter ASAP. Like I can buy it even this weekend If I am lucky enough to get one. Currently in Pune. Any idea which scooter in 110/125 CC has the lowest waiting period? I am open to Honda/Suzuki/TVS as all are almost the same in the long run. I just need a scooter that can take me/my wife from point A to point B. Nothing more than 3-5 KM per day.
TVS Jupiter / Suzuki Access / Honda Activa these are readily available through dealerships. Just let your SO test ride all 3 and choose whichever she likes most. All these are no nonsense fill it shut it forget about it kind of scooters ! You can't go wrong with any of these. Good luck !
Akshay6988 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 12:28   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
TVS Jupiter / Suzuki Access / Honda Activa these are readily available through dealerships. Just let your SO test ride all 3 and choose whichever she likes most. All these are no nonsense fill it shut it forget about it kind of scooters ! You can't go wrong with any of these. Good luck !
Went for Jupiter, 110 CC one. Activa was also on the shortlist but we thought of going for a change after having 2 Activa in the house (The first Activa is still going strong after completing 20 years). Also, the missus did not like the new styling of Activa 6G, especially the clubbing engine killing switch and self-start switch into 1.

The scooter was ready in 2 days and would have got it delivered on the 4th day but for number series getting finished in the RTO office. That pushed the delivery by 4 more days.

Availability is tricky.
TVS Jupiter -- 110 CC ones are available immediately except the Bluetooth variant which has a slight delay. 125 CC have a minimum waiting period of 1 month. The top-end one with Bluetooth again has more delays, probably a few more weeks.

TD Experience -- Went to Minotra TVS, a sub-dealer. Excellent people. The lady has complete knowledge at the tip of her fingers. Request for TD was immediately granted. Never pushed for delivery although kept on following up.

Honda Activa -- Almost the same as Jupiter. the 110 CC ones are readily available but the 125CC has 2-3 months delay.

TD Experience -- B U Bhandari. The guy was good, but there was no TD vehicle available. Decided not to pursue as the missus did not like a few things.

Suzuki Access -- Nothing available as per them. Minimum 3 months delay as per them.

TD Experience -- Ace Kudale. Pathetic experience. They did not even greet us when we came in although there was no customer other than us. After a few minutes of looking straight at them, finally, they came over and spoke in the most uninterested way. The first thing they said was that there is a 2-month delay even before we asked anything. When we asked for a TD, they kept on looking at each other and finally took us to the scooter but the scooter was not in good condition with self-start not working! Came out feeling bad. They did call us after a couple of hours asking us to go to another dealer where vehicles might be available. Might be. Not a confirmation. Also, the dealer was 25 KM away.

Last edited by RaghuVis : 28th June 2022 at 12:29. Reason: Added manufacturer name
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 14:11   #79
BHPian

This is off topic on this thread I know, but where else to ask a whole bunch of multi-brand two wheeler people?

What is the mileage you get for short trips (mostly 2 kms per trip) in Bengaluru? I get about 25 kmpl after watching my acceleration and braking on my 102cc 2008 Honda Aviator (34k on odo), is this typical? I think some SUVs get better mileage
Old 28th June 2022, 18:22   #80

Picked up a TVS ZX+ recently in Bangalore. It was readily available and got delivered in 3 days. Booking process etc were uneventful. For a daily commuter and running errands, it's got enough features. Yet to get mileage figures but should be ok i believe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks