Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2018, 12:21   #451
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
That's something I am trying to fight it out now.
The debate between the heart and the head has started.
I have already lost that battle, and have decided to book the bike as soon as it is available. Only worry for me is that the first lot would end up being 2018 manufactured. That is the only thing that is bothering me right now.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 12:30   #452
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield unveils Interceptor & Continental 650 with new twin-cylinder engine. EDIT : Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I have already lost that battle, and have decided to book the bike as soon as it is available. Only worry for me is that the first lot would end up being 2018 manufactured. That is the only thing that is bothering me right now.
Congrats on the decision .
The year of manufacturing wouldn't matter so much since the product itself is getting launched only at the tail end of 2018. I assume even the deliveries happening during early 2019 (say Q1 2019) might be 2018 manufactured.

Seeing that you are from Chennai, did you get to know when the dealers will start to accept the booking there?
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 12:38   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Congrats on the decision .
The year of manufacturing wouldn't matter so much since the product itself is getting launched only at the tail end of 2018. I assume even the deliveries happening during early 2019 (say Q1 2019) might be 2018 manufactured.

Seeing that you are from Chennai, did you get to know when the dealers will start to accept the booking there?
I haven't got in touch with dealers yet. And though I live in Chennai now, I will still book a bike at Coimbatore as that is my soul-city and I love seeing TN-37 on my license plate
I am guessing that they would open bookings from the beginning of November - at least 2 weeks before launch.
Old 17th October 2018, 18:26   #454
Team-BHP Support

MCN review - Verdict is similar as others have said.

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 21:54   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
The posture look fairly comfortable for long hours in saddle. The torso upwards is very upright...This position is also apt for putting some load on the foot and easily raising the butt when required, or even to stand on pegs. What spoils us is the foot-peg position of the bullets which is forward set and which a lot of us are used to. I guess its a matter of getting used to.
I agree with you on the advantages of the rider triangle offered & the point of simply getting used to the foot peg position. Adding to this fact is that each rider's sore points are different. In my case, thanks to the Himalayan I'm currently using, I've figured out it's my knees. Foot peg extensions are definitely not on the cards, but some exercises to help deter the strain above my knee caps are on.

I'm on the list of those who are extremely interested in owning the Interceptor someday, so the position of the foot pegs immediately caught my attention.

If a bike makes us want to shape up for it, I'd say that's to be taken in a positive manner!
Old 22nd October 2018, 12:15   #456
BHPian

Hello Riders,

Bookings open!

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...gs-open-410167

Cheers

Mods: Doesn't this 650cc machine qualify for "Superbikes & Imports" sub forum?

Last edited by navin : 22nd October 2018 at 13:20.
surjaonwheelz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:08   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Mods: Doesn't this 650cc machine qualify for "Superbikes & Imports" sub forum?
They are neither superbikes nor imports as much as I know.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 14:14   #458
BHPian

Quote:
I too saw this link today and inquired about booking to a couple of dealers in Chennai and they say that they have not got any official information about the exact launch date and that the bookings will open only from the day of launch.
Even the Royal Enfield Brand Store in Chennai gave the same answer.

The dealers are not even giving a confirmed date of launch let alone advance booking. But it looks to me (from the internet articles, though it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt) like it is an open secret that the launch would happen during 13-15th of Nov.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 16:45   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I pass by a Enfield showroom every evening on my way home. I am so tempted to walk-in and book one. Trouble is I am on the wrong side of 45 and have never ridden a bike . . . ever! Not the best age to break my leg again. This has bitten me bad. What do I do?
Ferruccio is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 17:24   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I pass by a Enfield showroom every evening on my way home. I am so tempted to walk-in and book one. Trouble is I am on the wrong side of 45 and have never ridden a bike . . . ever! Not the best age to break my leg again. This has bitten me bad. What do I do?

For starters, get and attach a side cart, so no chance of falling.

Jokes aside, we just have one life. Might as well do what gives us happiness. If its getting and riding a bike at 45, why not??
Managing director of the place i work with, is 58 yrs old and 4 yrs back he got into biking (after20 yrs) with none other then the big daddy BMW GS1200 Adv. He is only 5'8" lean and thin but rides that big bike all over. Its all in the mind. and All the best..

Quote:
I agree with you on the advantages of the rider triangle offered & the point of simply getting used to the foot peg position. Adding to this fact is that each rider's sore points are different. In my case, thanks to the Himalayan I'm currently using, I've figured out it's my knees. Foot peg extensions are definitely not on the cards, but some exercises to help deter the strain above my knee caps are on.
Would also depend on your riding requirements. How much of long hours and how often you intend to to that? I too have a weak knee and after a few hours, even on the versys with lowered foot peg, it starts hurting. For general day to day ride and breakfast rides the interceptor should fare well. Its a classic reborn and we can expect to perform like an avid tourer. And yes, knee strengthening exercises will definitely and there are some good ones in Yoga too. check them out..
nasirkaka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2018, 14:15   #461
Senior - BHPian

To all who are Interested to book the twins, I presume RE will open the bookings either from or after the Rider Mania which is slated post Diwali.
Old 23rd October 2018, 15:40   #462
BHPian

Quote:
The same article also refers to a pricing below 3 lacs. Now, that is going to be a mouth-watering price point. I'm tempted to swap my 535 for a white GT 650
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 19:18   #463
BHPian

A little birdie confirms that RE had a launch and test ride organized today near Mahabalipuram, Chennai. Not sure who the event was organized for though.

I got a couple of pictures as well, but unfortunately, I cannot share them on the forum without their permission.

Did anyone from our forum got the invite to be a part of the ride too?
Old 24th October 2018, 19:23   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
A little birdie confirms that RE had a launch and test ride organized today near Mahabalipuram, Chennai. Not sure who the event was organized for though.

I got a couple of pictures as well, but unfortunately, I cannot share them on the forum without their permission.

I am guessing that the test rides could have been for the dealership owners. I have been seeing images of dealership owners having a ride on the upcoming twins and posting images of themselves atop the twins.
Old 24th October 2018, 21:16   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
If you have to start with motorcycling, the new Interceptor 650 is as good a place to begin your journey as anything else on sale in India. From the reviews so far, the bike looks to be comfortable enough, the power delivery will be sufficient to handle our traffic and highway conditions and service costs will be reasonable compared to offerings from the international players. The attention and buzz that the 650 twins have generated is amazing given Royal Enfield's less than stellar reputation in India and the international and Indian reviews have shown that the 650s are well worth the wait. Summed up in 3 words - go for it!

Quote:
The same article also refers to a pricing below 3 lacs. Now, that is going to be a mouth-watering price point. I'm tempted to swap my 535 for a white GT 650
That is market redefining pricing indeed. Here Im thinking of every trick in the book to convince the missus to let me book a silver Interceptor!

Quote:

To my knowledge, the rides were for dealers and Royal Enfield sales managers.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed