Team-BHP - TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/193118-tvs-apache-rr-310-launched-rs-2-05-lakh-15.html)

How much is the front suspension travel on this bike?

Regards
Sutripta

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4331078)

Some one who is near tvs solar, can go see the bike and also crank it to life to hear the exhaust.

like which bike does it sound ? Many videos on youtube give different exhaust sound's( maybe because of mic quality). Difficult to understand what's the real sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4331404)
like which bike does it sound ? Many videos on youtube give different exhaust sound's( maybe because of mic quality). Difficult to understand what's the real sound.

No idea mate, i have not been to the place in person, the video i posted is by some one else, which i found on Youtube.

In another update, dealer is hopeful to get the display bike this week, well i have been hearing that for some time now :)

Bad rollout planning by TVS, it is Jan first week & most of the select dealers don't even have display bikes!
This doesn't give confidence to the prospective buyers.

I got a message from Logesh TVS, Medavakkam about the display bike they received. The SA promptly attached some pictures also in the whatsapp message.

Another bad thing that some dealers do are collecting high booking amount where now delivery is surely a few months. So this will put off some prospective customer's as dealership is making interest on our money.

I paid 5,000 Rs which is a fair amount and got 1st slot as well. Some have paid 25,000 Rs and got 3rd or 4th slot. TVS must look into this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4332931)
Another bad thing that some dealers do are collecting high booking amount where now delivery is surely a few months. So this will put off some prospective customer's as dealership is making interest on our money.

True, I paid Rs.5,000/- at Prakruti TVS, but Bharath TVS is taking Rs.10,000/- as booking amount.

Another thing want to share is that Rush Lane had reported that, one can avail 10% discount on RR310 if TVS employees refer a customer. However, upon enquiring with the dealers in Bangalore, it does not hold good for RR310 bikes and dealers has received confirmation email from TVS on 30th Dec that discount is not applicable for RR310.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4332931)

I paid 5,000 Rs which is a fair amount and got 1st slot as well. Some have paid 25,000 Rs and got 3rd or 4th slot. TVS must look into this.

Same here. I mentioned this in my post. The dealer here is asking 50k if you want a refundable booking and 3k if you want a non refundable one. I told him i will ask TVS about this to which he replied it is his policy and not that of TVS. The reasoning is there in my previous post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by N33raj (Post 4333423)
Same here. I mentioned this in my post. The dealer here is asking 50k if you want a refundable booking and 3k if you want a non refundable one. I told him i will ask TVS about this to which he replied it is his policy and not that of TVS. The reasoning is there in my previous post.

With just 2 or 3 dealers for an entire state, this kind of arrogance is unacceptable. It seems like Dealers themselves will kill the product. I have brought it to the notice of TVS. Let's see if they do something about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4333642)
With just 2 or 3 dealers for an entire state, this kind of arrogance is unacceptable.

Seriously, how true!

Why do we let them get away with this sort of behavior? Not just TVS, almost every premium bike brand treats customers badly here. No test ride, no follow up, no proper service infrastructure, illegal add-on charges at delivery, and arrogant behavior to a customer who is shelling out lakhs literally.

I guess that's because there are still too many of us who are willing to buy the bikes in spite of all this and then write glowing reviews in the afterglow of initial ownership. Sad state of affairs, we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 4333657)
I guess that's because there are still too many of us who are willing to buy the bikes in spite of all this and then write glowing reviews in the afterglow of initial ownership.

Just the opposite IMO.

Even the Apache RR might never be a big sales success. There is still not too many of us who buy bigger two wheelers. The dealers and even the companies dont care much of such volumes. They consider such products more from a brand building perspective.

Royal Enfield is an exception - where sales of high profit motorcycles are high and they still take customers for granted. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4333642)
With just 2 or 3 dealers for an entire state, this kind of arrogance is unacceptable....

Why do you say that this is arrogance? I think that this is TVS just playing safe. This is not only a new product for them but also a new segment where customers are very demanding. They don't have specially trained dealerships for the 310 so existing dealers who are used to selling commuter vehicles are now expected to sell the 310 costing 4 times as much as their present range. Any major mistakes at this stage can quickly damage TVS's reputation for many years.

TVS is a company that has brought us many great products over the years. They deserve our support if we want them to continue to make great products for us enthusiasts and commuters alike.

We are still waiting to get hands on test vehicle at dealership. Here is news on another version :
https://www.rushlane.com/tvs-apache-...-12259609.html

It seems another colour & bumped up bhp, ride modes etc., Do not know if this is true as we have started not to trust Rushlane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4333702)
They consider such products more from a brand building perspective.

What brand building are they doing exactly when they are shooing away prospective customers ?

Prospective Customers who blindly believe in their product and service when at slightly higher rate there is a much better brand with better service available ( KTM )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motard_Blr (Post 4333740)

TVS is a company that has brought us many great products over the years. They deserve our support if we want them to continue to make great products for us enthusiasts and commuters alike.

I think the other way should be true. We are demanding customers who are willing to shell enough money for an Indian product. The least they can do is, treat prospective customers better.

Initial impression is already not good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by am1m (Post 4333657)
Seriously, how true!

Why do we let them get away with this sort of behavior? Not just TVS, almost every premium bike brand treats customers badly here. No test ride, no follow up, no proper service infrastructure, illegal add-on charges at delivery, and arrogant behavior to a customer who is shelling out lakhs literally.

I guess that's because there are still too many of us who are willing to buy the bikes in spite of all this and then write glowing reviews in the afterglow of initial ownership. Sad state of affairs, we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

TVS can't continue like this for too long. If they were the only brand available in this segment, then yes. But KTM's are there and people who don't like this treatment by TVS will just go there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motard_Blr (Post 4333740)
I think that this is TVS just playing safe.

Any major mistakes at this stage can quickly damage TVS's reputation for many years.

Playing it too safe is the biggest mistake they can make at this stage. And that's exactly what they seem to be doing.

We've already seen that with the RTR200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4333791)
What brand building are they doing exactly when they are shooing away prospective customers ?

Initial impression is already not good.

I was referring to the product. You're referring to the dealership experience. And in that aspect - I do agree with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanjohn123 (Post 4333791)
Prospective Customers who blindly believe in their product and service when at slightly higher rate there is a much better brand with better service available ( KTM )

TVS can't continue like this for too long. If they were the only brand available in this segment, then yes. But KTM's are there and people who don't like this treatment by TVS will just go there.

However, I'd like to disagree here. I'm no TVS fan and never ever owned a TVS.

However, I would clearly choose the RR310 over the KTM. I've clearly voiced earlier that the TVS is priced on the higher side with respect to specs against the RC. But thinking for a lot many more days after launch, I feel the Apache is so much more desirable than the RC390 which feels as soulless as a specsheet in comparison.

I'm yet to ride both together to assess how they would feel in person though. But I can surely see the RR having generated a lot more interest in biking circles as a possible daily use entry level sport, rather than the RC which used to be considered a track learning tool.

But yes - All this will be of no use if the dealers keep shooing customers away.