Team-BHP - TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/193118-tvs-apache-rr-310-launched-rs-2-05-lakh-22.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4341818)
Could be a test drive vehicle too, and driven around negligently by one of the service center/showroom guys. So that means in few days we should start seeing the bike on roads.

I don't think so. It was quite far off from the nearest RR310 exclusive showroom that I know of. I just wonder how the owner was willing to risk it just to have the first bike on the road.

Seems like test rides have started in Mumbai. Here is one such on-road review in Hindi.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=F61c5Y1AUuk

One thing i found really irritating or odd is Footpeg position, the footpeg keep brushing your legs when you are sitting on the bike and have your feet down. Will be irritating while waiting in signals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4342017)
One thing i found really irritating or odd is Footpeg position, the footpeg keep brushing your legs when you are sitting on the bike and have your feet down. Will be irritating while waiting in signals.

You mean the rider pegs foul with the legs when at stand still..? That is really weird if it is happening. Did you get a chance to sit on the bike without the paddock stand? How is the foot peg position? Rear set like the RTR or stretched even farther back like the Duke/RC series?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4342165)
You mean the rider pegs foul with the legs when at stand still..? That is really weird if it is happening. Did you get a chance to sit on the bike without the paddock stand? How is the foot peg position? Rear set like the RTR or stretched even farther back like the Duke/RC series?

Yes at stand still without paddock stand. Rear seat is not stretched too further back and is a small and narrow seat. I don't think a pillion will be comfortable for longer rides.

Also anyone planning to buy the bike in kerala, good news for you guys. Priced at 1.99 lacs now, to avoid 20% road tax.

https://www.cartoq.com/tvs-apache-rr...p-here-is-why/

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4342187)
Yes at stand still without paddock stand.

This is very weird and may be a potential deal breaker for many if it is bothersome when standing at traffic lights or moving in B2B traffic!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4342187)
Rear seat is not stretched too further back and is a small and narrow seat. I don't think a pillion will be comfortable for longer rides.

Sorry for not being clear actually!! I meant to ask about the rider foot peg position and if it is similar to RTR rider foot peg or more like the RC/Duke series. Thanks for the response. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4342210)
This is very weird and may be a potential deal breaker for many if it is bothersome when standing at traffic lights or moving in B2B traffic!!

Sorry for not being clear actually!! I meant to ask about the rider foot peg position and if it is similar to RTR rider foot peg or more like the RC/Duke series. Thanks for the response. :)

A bit of adjustment would be required, definitely for me. Some probably might not find it intrusive, but yes definitely a check point.

Regarding rear pegs, take a look at these pics, it should help you relate.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4339331

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4342210)

https://youtu.be/F61c5Y1AUuk

Check this video from 2:20 secs to 2:36 seconds you will exactly know what I mean about the front footpegs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4342017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4342165)
You mean the rider pegs foul with the legs when at stand still..? That is really weird if it is happening.

Have you guys been on the RE Classic 350 and tried to maneuver it, especially try to reverse it using your feet, man, that is a pain, I am sure this TVS should be better but this is where they flaw at, ergonomics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4342411)

Check this video from 2:20 secs to 2:36 seconds yiu will exactly know what I mean about the front footpegs.

That definitely looks bad! That is why you dont want a front forward position + front set pegs or is it the problem of footpegs neither properly rear set nor front set?

I have to sit on one before I can conclude.

Look at the pic below, the peg position of rc series and cbr 250r. Both look farther rear set than the RR310. Not once have I had pegs being intrusive at stops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana (Post 4342415)
That definitely looks bad! That is why you dont want a front forward position + front set pegs. It should have been a bit rearset.

RC set up is perfect, but I also guess the rider in the video was short.

Not sure how the reviewers missed it out, maybe because all of them were wearing full riding gear. I think it might not be that bad when wearing jeans, but i was in my office attire, and it was a bit prominent with trousers.

Took delivery yesterday and rode it for about 100kms now. Absolutely love the acceleration. I am seemingly the first one in Karnataka to get the bike and that bit felt good. The rear seat is not for normal human beings. And as seen in the video, manoeuvring the bike is a real pain in the ass. Mileage indicator shows about 28 and it was in stop and go traffic. Heating is also an issue specially in stop and go traffic. I had to park the bike for about 15 mins before continuing after crossing the Mysore road Nayandahalli junction. So in short awesome acceleration, superb fun around the corners but not Duke 390/RC 390 kinda fun. Comfortable riding position (relatively) and absolutely useless pillion seat.
Apologise for the writeup and I must admit I am not as gifted as some of you are in writing reviews. Will post the pics soon because I was so engrossed in riding that I didn't get time to click any except the delivery time pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghuk (Post 4342582)
Took delivery yesterday and rode it for about 100kms now. Absolutely love the acceleration. I am seemingly the first one in Karnataka to get the bike and that bit felt good. The rear seat is not for normal human beings. And as seen in the video, manoeuvring the bike is a real pain in the ass. Mileage indicator shows about 28 and it was in stop and go traffic. Heating is also an issue specially in stop and go traffic. I had to park the bike for about 15 mins before continuing after crossing the Mysore road Nayandahalli junction. So in short awesome acceleration, superb fun around the corners but not Duke 390/RC 390 kinda fun. Comfortable riding position (relatively) and absolutely useless pillion seat.
Apologise for the writeup and I must admit I am not as gifted as some of you are in writing reviews. Will post the pics soon because I was so engrossed in riding that I didn't get time to click any except the delivery time pics.

Congratulations, yes indeed I think you are first one to get the delivery. Did they give you insurance note and road tax paid receipt?

Quote:

Took delivery yesterday and rode it for about 100kms now.

Congratulations on your new ride. It's definitely a head turner, that too proudly by an Indian manufacturer. clap:

Quote:

Will post the pics soon because I was so engrossed in riding that I didn't get time to click any except the delivery time pics.

We would love to see the delivery pics also..

OT : I just watched the video being quoted few posts above, the comments on the video cracked me up. I think he forgot to turn on his helmet mounted action cam. lol:

Quote:

Heating is also an issue specially in stop and go traffic. I had to park the bike for about 15 mins before continuing after crossing the Mysore road Nayandahalli junction.

So in short awesome acceleration, superb fun around the corners but not Duke 390/RC 390 kinda fun.

Comfortable riding position (relatively) and absolutely useless pillion .

Wow! Congrats mate!

1. It is a big 310cc single cylinder. It is bound to heat in stop go traffic. Moreover, the engine is new, mating parts produce more friction, hence more heat. Give it 1000 km and it would reduce.

2. Obviously the ktm 390s will have a better acceleration/fun factor due to the 10 bhp advantage/better kit. And the KTMs are absolutely more irritating in stop go traffic, they heat up badly.

3. Really? You want pillion comfort on a proper(almost) sport bike? Sorry mate, no pain no gain :uncontrol