Team-BHP - TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   TVS Apache RR 310 launched at Rs. 2.05 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/193118-tvs-apache-rr-310-launched-rs-2-05-lakh-23.html)

One of the first road reviews of the RR -

https://youtu.be/x2sUVYIKGww

Seems like reviewer is pretty impressed, except that he has broken speed limit almost every time he drove it.

My riding gear also arrived yesterday, Can't wait to get hold of it this week. Long weekend makes it a perfect time to test it out.

Took a very long test drive today and came out infatuated with the bike.

This was the first time I rode the bike for a longer distance an Di must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ergonomics, the quality and the feel of the engine sycronised beautifully and created perfect riding harmony that was hugely enjoyable.

The tentative waiting period is 4 to 5 months in Bangalore.

Now I am in a confusion weather to go for this beauty in red or the Duke 390 in white.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4343921)

Thanks for sharing. This guy has only whacked the throttle at every given opportunity and has only harped about the bike being very good multiple times during the review. He has also just given out the specs and said everything from the gearbox and suspension and everything else is very good. Where is the objectivity, where is the real review apart from ripping the bike till redline on public roads etc. This is not at all a review if you ask me.!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4344925)
Where is the objectivity, where is the real review apart from ripping the bike till redline on public roads etc. This is not at all a review if you ask me.!! :D

I hear you. Unfortunately, that is the style his channel follows even when it comes to 4 wheelers.

Anyways, still makes him one of the first to come out with a road usage report. Or something of that sort. Upto us to figure out the relevant parts of it.

I personally liked the way it was revving up and look and finish of whatever you see ahead of the rider is dope. Man that handlebar and console makes my V650 feel ancient. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4344951)
Man that handlebar and console makes my V650 feel ancient. :D

Saw some more of his videos and you are right. Even the 4 wheelers are not spared! :D But you are right. The cockpit sure is enticing and the sound is also very good from the videos. And your last line is lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4343921)

Bingo!

Boy, I am impressed. I was pitching the 35PS of RR310 to perform like similarly powered Dominar 400. Well, RR310 is faster!

What does that make Apache RR 310 look?

A bang on option right inbetween Bajaj 400 and the KTM 390s, not only in price point, but also in performance.

Finally, a big check to the Orange! RR310 is cheaper, looks better and is a little slower than the 390s(when you look at everyday usage pattern and practicality, outright perfromance doesnt matter). Now that will make a lot of prospective KTM Duke 390 owners to opt for the Apache clap: Competition is good!

Next up, KTM will be more eager to bring the 790 twin, which again is a great thing.

TVS has moved 66 units of Apache RR 310, mostly the Test Ride / Display vehicles, in the month of December 2017.

Source: Autopunditz

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana (Post 4345153)
Bingo!

Boy, I am impressed. I was pitching the 35PS of RR310 to perform like similarly powered Dominar 400. Well, RR310 is faster!

They have put all three to a drag this time, and the RR310 falls exactly in between the RC390 and Dominar -

https://youtu.be/lh5dVD0Wxns

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4345763)
They have put all three to a drag this time, and the RR310 falls exactly in between the RC390 and Dominar -

That video perfectly shows the difference between a 5.6s bike, a 7.2s bike and a 8s bike!

Anyhow I am impressed how apache is fast despite being just 35PS! Great job tuning that engine. Get a piggyback ecu and you will have a tvs that is as fast as a stock ktm 390 :) Guess that justifies a small premium for RR310 over the Dominar and the small premium for RC390 over the RR310.

Also saw another video of a drag between 2017 bs4 rc390 and rr310. That is a more appropriate comparo, as the bs3 390s were slightly faster. But the drag ended out exactly the same way like in the motorbeam video. I couldnt retrieve the link to post here.

It's finally here :D

Just had a 50 km drive, and I want to drive so much more. This bike is fantastic. Will post some observations in the night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4345863)
It's finally here :D

Just had a 50 km drive, and I want to drive so much more. This bike is fantastic. Will post some observations in the night.

Congrats buddy. Thats the first one here I believe. Ride safe and please do post more of your observations. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheK (Post 4345863)
It's finally here :D...Will post some observations in the night.

Man looks hot in Red!! Congrats buddy. Hope you enjoy the bike to its fullest and shower us with your observations as and when you ride more and more!! :thumbs up

Just returned from a late night coffee break, added another 60 km to odo, so did around 110 km drive on day one.

Some quick observations

- Its a fun machine to ride, learning curve is pretty straight forward, and anyone who has riden any kind of bike can ride this.
- Handling is top notch, and bike changes direction at the riders will.
- Crazy acceleration if the rider so desires, and very relaxed if that is what you want. No drama, no fuss, plain nice ride.
- Suspension on the softer side, and rides well in the city.
- No scraping of speed breakers on bangalore roads...yet.
- Eyeball grabber, people just look back, got quite a bit of thumbsup from few riders.
- Happy to report, no problem with foot peg while standing in signal. It was a false alarm from me, it does touch your legs while reversing the bike though.
- Light clutch, makes city riding a breeze.
- Absolutely brilliant breaks.
- Good light throw, though will have to see how it functions in foggy/rainy season.
- Makes an odd sound when you start it up, probably the electronics starting up.
- Vibrations on footpegs and Handle bar are pretty obvious, they don't impact the riding fun, but you don't have to try too hard to notice they are right there.
- Some funny noise was coming from exhaust intially, it has died down now. Will keep an eye out.
- Turning radius is big, so if you need to turn back on a narrow road, will take a couple a bit of effort.
- The engine fan spins for quite some time after you have switched off the bike, and it does come on quite too often.
- Was feeling a little bit of heat on my legs, after i rode for around 20 kms and while waiting on a signal.
- Have been old first service at 1000 Km, and to keep it below 6k rpm till then.

All in all loved it, will start an ownership thread soon and add dealer experience and other things there.

I have named the bike "Drakula"

Thanks for reading.

Evo managed to get all the segment competitors in one comparison shootout. RR310 emerges as the winner of the test -

https://youtu.be/WP9EhKL_Xys