Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2024, 17:14   #4321
BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Is there a way to find out area / regional sales manager contact details of royal enfield?
I have booked 650 interceptor but dealer is not giving me a delivery date
Old 31st March 2024, 16:08   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi Guys,

Requesting members of the forum to advise me on whether- I should opt for the extended warranty for this bike considering very minimal usage.

What would be the regular culprits in case if something were to go wrong
Congratulation on your new ride, go for the extended warranty. There is no major mechanical defects on RE 650'S. But expect the unexpected. Anything can go wrong even on any well build bikes. In my case too usage are minimal, but I had stalling issue in 6 months due to oxidization caused by non usage after a bike wash for PPF coating which lead to defective spark plug connectors. RE diagnosed the issue and replaced the part under warranty. And in early models there were fuel pump issue, which is the most common issue which 650's had and looks like that too have sought out in BS6 models.
Turbosailor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 12:31   #4323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosailor View Post
Congratulation on your new ride, go for the extended warranty. There is no major mechanical defects on RE 650'S. But expect the unexpected. Anything can go wrong even on any well build bikes. In my case too usage are minimal, but I had stalling issue in 6 months due to oxidization caused by non usage after a bike wash for PPF coating which lead to defective spark plug connectors. RE diagnosed the issue and replaced the part under warranty. And in early models there were fuel pump issue, which is the most common issue which 650's had and looks like that too have sought out in BS6 models.
I did not opt for extended warranty and after 3 years RR unit was gone which was not very expensive. Imagine if parts like fuel pump requires replacement, you might need to pay in excess of 10K.
Old 1st April 2024, 22:29   #4324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post

What would be the regular culprits in case if something were to go wrong ?
My use case is also similar to your apart from using the bike for office commute (once every 2 weeks) and the occasional ~100 Kms ride once a month. Please do start the bike every 2-3 days, else the battery loses charge quickly. I have had 2 instances already where the bike was idle for ~10 days, and I was greeted with a dead battery. Electricals are the weakest link in this otherwise sorted motorcycle. Try to get the extended warranty and RSA as well. Usual culprits are faulty RR units and fuel pumps which fail after 2-3 years (as documented by this forum in earlier posts). I got RSA to jumpstart the bike on both the dead-battery occasions - they were prompt both the time.
Wageabond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 07:41   #4325
BHPian

I want to get GT650 foot pegs on my interceptor. What will I need and how much will it cost me?
Moose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 18:45   #4326
BHPian

Hey guys! My friend is buying a GT650 Mr. Clean on 9th april Tuesday, he had gone to the showroom for PDI and fitment of accesories, he discovered that his bike has clocked 70km already. The SA is giving the reason of testing. Should he be worried?
Old 6th April 2024, 18:58   #4327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK_2005 View Post
Hey guys! My friend is buying a GT650 Mr. Clean on 9th april Tuesday, he had gone to the showroom for PDI and fitment of accesories, he discovered that his bike has clocked 70km already. The SA is giving the reason of testing. Should he be worried?
What testing?
Product has been in production for long enough.
Ask your friend to skip the bike. Could have just been used to give someone a long test ride.
70 kms is quite a bit on a brand new undelivered bike.
scorpian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 19:28   #4328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK_2005 View Post
Second @Scorpion. Unless their depo / warehouse is 70 kms away and they had to ride the bike from there (in which case every bike should have 70kms on the odometer), there’s no reason.

Ask him to reject this and get a different bike. There might be delays due to the same.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 11:26   #4329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Most likely a bad side stand sensor. Its thinking side stand is down hence cutting ignition when you slot into gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Listen to your son! Sounds very much like a side stand sensor issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
It's the the side stand switch, which seems to be a magnetic one. The sensor is located behind the stand
Hello Guys, all of you are right; I replaced the side stand sensor last Saturday & have done 154 Km inside the city & the engine dying issue disappeared. They had side stand switch, but no engine oil filter, so I'll have to take it once again to service this week. Since it was a warranty replacement, Rs 500 was waived off. Many thanks to all of you & Happy Ugadi

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-a1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 9th April 2024 at 11:33.
aargee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 11:30   #4330
BHPian

Hi All,

Posting this on behalf of a friend..

Bought 2023 Continental GT 650 in Dec 2023.
Problems faced on between March and April 2024 after 1st service done in Jan 2024:
1. Over speed of 80, upshift of gear from 2nd to 3rd, bike jerks and stall. Shown to RE Service station and they mentioned one of the sensor required cleaning also engine malfunction light was on, that got fixed.
2. 3 days post 1st instance, bike started jerking when heats up after 10 minutes of ride but only jerked twice on 44 kms ride. Again took to RE service station and the consultant mentioned spark plug cleaning required as they claimed to check all electricals, fuel pump, relays, no issues there.
3. 5 days, 100 kms ride later, 3rd instance where bike started jerking even on low speed, on 2nd and 3rd gear, missing on throttle.
All these instances, bike had half or more than half fuel in tank.

Not able to diagnose what could be the issue, clutch cable or fuel injection. Can someone please help share if you have faced same issues and what could be the root cause.

Please advise how to proceed
SamDiablo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 15:41   #4331
BHPian

Ask them to check fuel pump in the tank, which happens to be faulty design, also check RR Unit and ignition coil, cables and suppressor caps.

Also check for water in fuel tank, E20 fuel also has this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Hi All,

Posting this on behalf of a friend..
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 06:13   #4332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Ask them to check fuel pump in the tank, which happens to be faulty design, also check RR Unit and ignition coil, cables and suppressor caps.

Also check for water in fuel tank, E20 fuel also has this issue.
Thanks setuniket for pointers. Message passed. Will update this forum on how things progress.
SamDiablo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 20:10   #4333
BHPian

Please recommend some good crash bar for interceptor 650
Abeer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 15:08   #4334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Please recommend some good crash bar for interceptor 650
Stock large crash bar from RE should be good enough. I don’t prefer the one from Zana or others as they tend to interfere with cornering clearance and consider them a hazard instead.
raiuday is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 16:45   #4335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I want to get GT650 foot pegs on my interceptor. What will I need and how much will it cost me?
This is the GT650 rearset conversion kit that Hitchcocks sells for the Interceptor. You can use it as reference while ordering the parts.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-untitled.jpg

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorc...eyword=rearset

Obviously, you can buy them for a reasonable price from a dealer if you are in India. I am sorry, but I don't have the pricing details.

Last edited by Viju : 19th April 2024 at 16:48.
Viju is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks