Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2024, 08:40   #4306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
[h3]I had done my routine wash (bucket) and shine of my Interceptor and fired her up to go out. At the first turn, when I pulled in the clutch and slotted the next gear the bike died on me.[/i]
Interesting diagnosis.
Did they test the failed sensor before confirming it is dead?

Out of curiosity, when you wash your bike (Bucket or pressure wash), do you let it rest on the side stand after a wash? Do you let the bike stand in the sun for a while?

I have never pressure washed my bike to date. Just a hose using low pressure. The one thing I've noticed after I wash the bike is that there is a lot of accumulated water around the engine casing. You notice it flowing out when you park the bike on the side stand. I'm just wondering if this proximity sensor does not like water in the long run.
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 10:56   #4307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Did they test the failed sensor before confirming it is dead?
No, it was not dead; it was working on its own!

Quote:
do you let it rest on the side stand after a wash? Do you let the bike stand in the sun for a while?
Yes, we have to drain the standing water from the bike. The sun here is harsh, I keep it in the shade on the side stand.

Quote:
The one thing I've noticed after I wash the bike is that there is a lot of accumulated water around the engine casing. You notice it flowing out when you park the bike on the side stand.
True, from the sump guard, specially the RHS engine case bolts. I take a dry microfiber cloth to absorb all the water from such places.

Ridden: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650 Twin-img_20240314_110207.jpg
If I'm using the ceramic spray, which is recommended to be applied on a wet surface (Wavex) then I wipe off the water in this method. Else I leave it to dry then return to apply wax (liquid/paste) and then buff it to a shine. All depends on how much time I've spare OR for how much time I'm thrown out of the house!

I've ridden extensively in the rains, as long as there was visibility, the sensors are weather proof and shouldn't be bothered with a bike wash. But REs are hydrophobic, we have to be careful. But in this case, this was an after thought as there was no pattern or conclusive behaviour.

I've brought the faulty sensor back with me. If I can manage a 12V rig, to test it, then I can check the voltages.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 14th March 2024 at 11:05.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 18:21   #4308
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
Interceptor 650, 4th year major service at Pitlane, Pune
Hey surjaonwheelz, I came across your post about pitlane FNG. I am curious how good they are and has was your experience with them? I am pretty fed up with KTM SVC so looking out for good FNGs to take care of my bike.

Last edited by Axe77 : 19th March 2024 at 18:48. Reason: Trimming quote post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post. Also clean up edits.
Old 19th March 2024, 19:01   #4309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick029 View Post
Hey surjaonwheelz, I came across your post about pitlane FNG. I am curious how good they are and has was your experience with them?
They're good, their main business is with Bajaj & KTM bikes! You can give it a try. You can stay back and see what they do to your bike. Last time, I met a gentleman who was getting his 390 Adv serviced there. He shared that he sold his Interceptor and got the 390 Adv. In the Hadapsar (East Pune) area, I found them the only good option. They do big bikes too. They are closed on Thursdays only.

Happy riding,
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 11:22   #4310
BHPian

Thanks for your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
I suspect a couple of possibilities.
1. A faulty relay might be causing this issue due to fuel injection happening erratically. In fact I had similar issue a couple of years back. I also had starting problems. On checking, svc centre found both the starter relay and fuel relay had gone bad. After replacing both the issue was resolved. Since yours is a 2019 model, I think this might be the cause. I had read multiple posts about faulty relays in the early years of interceptor (2019, 2020)
2. Possible water ingress to the fuel tank causing this erratic throttle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Had faced this issue in my 2020 BS VI INT 650, the service centre changed spark plug suppressor caps which resolved it. In my online research this can be a ignition coil issue or due to poor quality ignition wires.

I would also recommend checking condition of RR unit, which is a known issued with twins.
The service center replaced the fuel pump (which they claimed was all clogged up due to dust ingress) and the injectors. I received the bike yesterday and will test it for a few hundred kms before regaining complete confidence in the bike.

Also, the rubble seal on my fuel cap seems to have lived out its life. Is it possible to replace just the rubber seal on it or to get a reliable aftermarket one (even if it means the fuel cap will have a different key)? Edit: found this and ordered one -

Last edited by kauphylover : 21st March 2024 at 11:28. Reason: added a link to a possible solution
kauphylover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 15:02   #4311
BHPian

Great! One more point which should be looked into when RPM issue occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauphylover View Post

The service center replaced the fuel pump (which they claimed was all clogged up due to dust ingress) and the injectors. I received the bike yesterday and will test it for a few hundred kms before regaining complete confidence in the bike.
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 11:35   #4312
BHPian

Looking for a top box for my Inty

Hello friends,

I am looking to purchase an aluminium top box for touring. Most of the ones I have been finding online are huge, 45 litres and above, which in my case will be overkill.

The ideal box for me 25-30 l. I found a 30L top box by Givi, but at close to 40k, it is prohibitively expensive.

Is anyone here using a similar setup? Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th March 2024 at 12:44. Reason: Caps where needed.
Old 26th March 2024, 14:21   #4313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsenroy View Post
[b][u]I am looking to purchase an...Is anyone here using a similar setup? any leads will be greatly appreciated.
Just asking, what may be the problems with a soft luggage {tail or saddle bags} pls as I see the following benefits
1. No permanent fix results in more flexibility
2. Not that easy to steal unless there's ample time
3. As sturdy as hardcases
4. Easy to carry everything in one go
5. Very economical

Of course it's not as safe as hardcases & cannot serve as a permanent fixture
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 14:24   #4314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Just asking, what may be the problems with a soft luggage {tail or saddle bags} pls as I see the following benefits
Ermm, I guess this is a matter of personal preference.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th March 2024 at 11:44. Reason: Kindly be courteous in your replies, even more so when members want to help!
bsenroy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th March 2024, 14:47   #4315
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to purchase an aluminium top box for touring.
I use the Shad SH29 which is adequate for full face helmet and few odd stuff.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th March 2024 at 11:39. Reason: Trimming quoted post; kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
praveen.ba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 15:57   #4316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Is anyone here using a similar setup? any leads will be greatly appreciated.
Not an aluminium box. But I use this Givi top box - link. Been using it for over a year and takes in a full sized helmet easily. It’s tough to fit in two full sized helmet (even though the product description states otherwise). Think I got it for a shy under 30k back then.
Old 28th March 2024, 11:02   #4317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ermm, I guess this is a matter of personal preference.
Points raised by aargee are very valid in this context. Hard V/s Soft luggage is a debate/discussion going on for ages, where each has their own merits and demerits. It all depends on the rider, the ride, whether one is looking at visual appeal of the bike, or the utility, or practicality, or the type of ride, geographical region, terrain etc. You would have your reasons for narrowing down to an aluminum top box, but sharing the same would help others understand your requirement/usage.

From your post, it seems you have already decided to go for a hard top box and preferably in aluminum. Now, most of the top boxes are made to carry at least one full face helmet, and sometimes two as well. Hence that results in large size. Also most imported aluminum top boxes such as GIVI, Hepco & Becker, SW-Motech, etc are expensive like you have already mentioned.

After that you have products like OEM pannier sets for Himalayan. These are not as expensive and could be one direction to explore.

There are some Indian companies too making similar aluminum panniers like Zana and would be around 15K range.

https://motocentral.in/products/zana...BoCBowQAvD_BwE

https://ridersjunction.com/product/z...xoC-kwQAvD_BwE

If you want something not that large, and are willing to compromise on Aluminum, and a fairly decent budget, there is a new and very good product from SW-Motech which is ABS made, and very robust and strong. It also looks fairly similar ro metal top boxes. I have seen this on a bike and it looked very good and strong.

https://bigbadbikes.com/product/for-...c-case-medium/

If you are into DYI, I know few who have bought IP rated hard cases made for electronic equipment like camera etc and converted them into the top boxes for motorcycles, on these lines.

https://www.amazon.in/Bestcase-Prote...hoCI-0QAvD_BwE

These are available in various sizes, mostly water-proof and could be an economical direction to explore.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th March 2024 at 11:47. Reason: Quoted post edited. Typos corrected. Thanks!
nasirkaka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 11:46   #4318
Senior - BHPian

22L

https://bandidospitstop.com/products...ith-logo-black

35L

https://bandidospitstop.com/products...th-logo-silver

Cheers, Doc

P.S. Personally, I would never fit a top box on my bike, or side panners, hard or soft. Just messes with the balance of the bike and is way too much risk.

P.P.S. Locking up your helmet in a sealed top box, especially a metal one, is no different from microwaving it. With similar results to the shell integrity.

Last edited by ebonho : 28th March 2024 at 11:55.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 11:52   #4319
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I recently traded my Hunter to an Inteceptor 650 which was pre owned and had done about 1250 kms in 8 months of earlier ownership. I have bought this bike basically for small joy rides during the weekends and for daily house errands if required. I would not be using the bike for long touring or as my office commute.
My usage of the bike would be very minimal and would hardly do not more than 400 kms a month. It would be completing 1 year by this June 2024.

Requesting members of the forum to advise me on whether- I should opt for the extended warranty for this bike considering very minimal usage.

What would be the regular culprits in case if something were to go wrong ?

Thanks.,
mjkaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 14:24   #4320
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to buy this size but it doesn't serve my purpose of keeping my helmet safe. Shad's new range is amazing. They have better sizes too. For example, Shad has a 37 litre against 30 litre Givi, the same price. Check out their new aluminum box range. I have purchased one for my Himi 450.
Quote:
Looking for a top box for my Inty[/u][/b]
Attached Images

Last edited by Sebring : 28th March 2024 at 14:43.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks