Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2007, 14:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Very well written extreme_torque. A bad piece can come from any maker, its jst that BAL has more of them

all i can say is that I have owned a P180 DTSiV1 for a little over 2years & 29k kms & have ZMA for almost 2 years & 13k kms. I dont think I would go the BAL ways again. Although I must say after riding the P220 my views have changed a bit
Yeah bad pieces and still outsell the sales of all the other 150cc's combined *yawn*.... its really getting boring! Next....

P.S Why not tell us all the expenses that you have incurred on your ZMA till now... I know you dont mind spending that much... but a lot of others do. Besides I would have felt like an idiot paying 950+ rs for that rear cowl in ZMA which breaks if you are not careful riding your bike in the rough.... or for that matter 2600 Rs for a sprocket chain set that doesnt even lasts as long as on other bikes. Sorry HH!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 16th March 2007 at 15:01.
Old 16th March 2007, 15:16   #17
Team-BHP Support

As a former Pulsar 180 classic owner, I for one will think a hundred times before putting my money on another Bajaj product.

Though, credit must be given to them for brining in more features at a price than any other manufacturer. However, i still find their products function very crudely, something they try to make up by adding all sorts of gizmo's. I mean, who really needs rear lit switches on a bike!! I hope the rider knows his bike well enough that he doesn't need to take his eyes off the road to see where the horn button is!
Old 16th March 2007, 15:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Yeah bad pieces and still outsell the sales of all the other 150cc's combined *yawn*.... its really getting boring! Next....

P.S Why not tell us all the expenses that you have incurred on your ZMA till now... I know you dont mind spending that much... but a lot of others do. Besides I would have felt like an idiot paying 950+ rs for that rear cowl in ZMA which breaks if you are not careful riding your bike in the rough.... or for that matter 2600 Rs for a sprocket chain set that doesnt even lasts as long as on other bikes. Sorry HH!
I second that , guys who tell that plusar parts fall off of fail ,either dont know how to maintain or have a bad mech . Have heard and seen horrible ,night mare problems with zma parts coming lose even with city riding condition .Poor they couldnt fix that cam tension problem .
Ask any zma owner ! . The condition of bike basically depends on the rider whether it karizma or plusar .

Last edited by black12rr : 16th March 2007 at 15:27.
Old 16th March 2007, 15:32   #19

Right said: Torque n Techno

There are certain aspects wer Bajaj doesnt score as good as some of the other manufacturers. But then the overall costs incurred are also dead cheap for d kind of riding one usually does with these bikes. [Not to mention our Great Indian Roads] Anyways, my point here is, Bajaj is slowly but surely changing things with one thing at a time. How many 4-stroke Motorcycles can u list under BAL's name before they came out with the first Pulsar in 2002? d best sellin one wud be d Caliber and then some usual flops which we care a damn about.

Almost every other manufacturer is an old-timer here with already established markets. Carving a niche into such a conservative and competitive market is definitely not an easy job and BAL has managed to do it with exceptional vision and approach. I can vouch for the Pulsar so much because I have owned one and it has been royally thrashed until now. I hav used it for stunts , drags, long rides and wot not ! But it is still my everyday commute to work and back without any sorts of troubles or demands. Just regular oil changes and taking care of wear n tear parts keeps her perfectly happy and delivering that same old performance with consistency. I don't see any major fault with BAL's Pulsars and would never stop anyone from buying one too.

Its more of that anti-Bajaj hype that has to do wit this approach that usually people have and nothing about realistic and practical outlook.
To give u d final answer, I'll soon be buying the P200 !
Old 16th March 2007, 16:18   #20
BHPian

Quote:
"""Very well written extreme_torque. A bad piece can come from any maker, its jst that BAL has more of them """!!!!!!!!!!

all i can say is that I have owned a P180 DTSiV1 for a little over 2years & 29k kms & have ZMA for almost 2 years & 13k kms. I dont think I would go the BAL ways again. Although I must say after riding the P220 my views have changed a bit
man what are trying to say most of the bajaj manufactured vehicles are faulty or are you trying to back up bajaj?

man carcaism at its best!!!

Last edited by Rtech : 16th March 2007 at 16:42. Reason: Excessive use of smilee's
mrstyx is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th March 2007, 16:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
As a former Pulsar 180 classic owner, I for one will think a hundred times before putting my money on another Bajaj product.

Though, credit must be given to them for brining in more features at a price than any other manufacturer. However, i still find their products function very crudely, something they try to make up by adding all sorts of gizmo's. I mean, who really needs rear lit switches on a bike!! I hope the rider knows his bike well enough that he doesn't need to take his eyes off the road to see where the horn button is!
Like i said before, you cannot get everything. Before pulsar's came in the market, we were being ripped by every bike manufacturer in the name of performance. At that time ugly head fiero costed 9k's more than the standard bike if you opted for electric start and even the disc wasn't standard. The CBZ used to come for 59k's without selft start! The pulsar came and changed all that, it had disc brake as standard, it had the fuel efficiency, cheap spares and the P180 costed less than the CBZ!
We always go ga ga over foreign manufacturers not giving credit to the indian companies who are slogging it out and giving us possibly the best products money can buy. Now tell me wasnt CBZ crude... the engine buzzes and vibrates more than any pulsar starting from the classic, but heck no one complains because it a honda. Now you may argue it had a better gearbox but at the same price the 180 gave you much better performance, fuel average and came with a self start as standard. Its not that I dont like CBZ or ZMA, but its the attitude of other companies that pisses me off, if not for pulsar, CBZ-X would have never came, Apache wouldnt have seen the light of the day, we would have still be buying the overpriced CBZ with disc pads costing a bloody 800 Rs or paying 9k's extra for self start option on a Fiero, the alloys would have been on play toys of rich who could afford a 223cc, 17 bhp bike for 85k's and "suffer" all along with high cost of spares.
Now you see every company on its foot, tryin to keep the products fresh, adding some new features or the other, playing the value, performance and fuel average cards... it all because Pulsar came and changed it, say whatever you want to. And still they are not able to catch up... says a lot about the product and the company's commitment to the masses.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 16th March 2007 at 16:34.
Old 16th March 2007, 16:46   #22
Team-BHP Support

Some people say that the Hero Honda CBZ changed the mindset of the 2 wheeler buyer in India.
Old 16th March 2007, 16:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

My 5 year old 180 is still going strong. Its seen some tough terrain, and lotsa long hard rides, and I am not one of the take-real-good-care-of-your-vehicle kinds. Yeah, have a very competent service and repairs place, and yes there could be lesser vibrations and more refinement, but the kick one gets from the old horse with a twist of the wrist is still awesome. I'm not giving it 10 stars, but no way I'm trashing it either. Been very reliable.
Old 16th March 2007, 16:53   #24
BHPian

I agree you cannot get all in pulsar so is it with cbz/zma. Its a overall package you look for. How many CBZ are selling as compared to Pulsar ? I don't know the figures but I know the expected answers.
Old 16th March 2007, 17:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

@et, mstryx: I dont know how you perceived my post. Ok let me explain a bit clearer.

If you want a bike which is a decent performer(as in powerwise), easy on pocket(mileage & spare parts) Think no Other than Pulsar.

If you want a great handler, refined stressfree engine & dont mind paying for that extra cost(well its lot extra) then go for ZMA.

I mean ZMA is a white elephant its parts are freaking expensive & mileage is pathetic when compared to my 180 but its a marvel of engineering & the bike is a breeze to ride something which one can only know after prolonged riding.

Yes more Pulsars have issues than any particular model by any company butt the difference between HH & BAL is that BAL knows their problems & rectifies is really fast while HH does nothing example in point is, BAL has consitently improved the Pulsar's handling characteristics while HH has done nothing to improve the plastic part's quality or issues like silencer nut falling & fuusing of tail lamp bulbs..

Also whoever think of paint & plastic quality, let me phrase it, BAL has much better plastic & paint quality than HH.

HH\ZMA simply rule in the engine & chasis department
Old 16th March 2007, 17:33   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstyx View Post
I seriously wonder if any model of pulsar be it 150cc v1,2,3 or 180cc v1,2,3 or the newly launched 200,220dts fi, really worth buying?

thats because take any pulsar and its very short lived and
by the time the bike crosses 10000kms mark the gearbox starts showing its true colors.
by the time the bike crosses 40000kms mark the bike's bore is dead i mean atleast most of the bike's bore is dead...

isnt this a bit too annoying compared to h and hh bikes in the market?
i mean scrificing so much for looks and power(that we only cherish once in a while, though some so it everyday...).

say what people because i owned a pulsar 180cc v2red and black) previously and as i mentioned earlier had to sell it off because of its 1.gearbox,
2.rusted silencer(it got all that rusted because it had my vehicle water serviced everyweek and the water clogged,20 to 50mlspottoms just did not dry up leading to rust),
3.i did 25k kms on it and the bike started dying already...

please give out your opinions.......
Raj, I too own a Pulsar 150 V2 model of June'05. Though i have done very few kms ( 10K only), i find the bike fabulous in all aspects including average ( 55kmpl) and i drive damn fast all the time.

Only problem i face are the following:-

1) Gears slipping, this is getting too horrible these days
2) Seating for long drives are not at all comfortable
3) Chain of the bike gets loosened pretty quickly ( within 100kms of service) and you get a clunk clunk sound when you hit potholes which is quite annoying
4) Brakes are just too damn good ( too sudden and hits instantly) for our own safety, if you know what i mean

Other than above, it rides like a dream
Old 16th March 2007, 17:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sorry couldnt edit my previous post..

ET: The rear cowl is a big mess am running on 3rd set but thanksfully the 2nd gen ZMA's cowl costs 650 phew..

Also the Pulsar 150s hardly had the issues which the 180 faced almost all or atleast major of the Pulsar's problem were with the 180. I still miss my 180 a lot :(

Am surprised people are talking about chain loosneing in pulsar's Damn even with abuse the Pulsar's chain hardly needed any attention, while in ZMA the chain needs to be adjusted much more often

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th March 2007 at 17:36.
Old 16th March 2007, 17:43   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Am surprised people are talking about chain loosneing in pulsar's Damn even with abuse the Pulsar's chain hardly needed any attention, while in ZMA the chain needs to be adjusted much more often
same here .. actually this thread reminded me that initially pulsar's use to have this problem. I never faced with my pulsar.
Old 16th March 2007, 17:43   #29
Team-BHP Support

What's this problem you guys are talking about of the rear cowl getting loose on the Zma? What exactly are you referring to when you say rear cowl?
Old 16th March 2007, 17:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

The rear part which sports the Hero Honda sticker on 2nd gen & Premium Sports sticker in 1st gen models. And sadly it doesn’t become loose but breaks from the mounting point as its held by a screw which is on a very thin plastic. This breaks very easily on bad roads.

The biggest problem with HH is that even when the bike is in production for past 3 + years the spares still take lotsa time to get, can you believe it, it took them almost a month to get the rear cowl(they said if my bike was red or black I would have got it earlier) I am like *** what about colors like silver & blue & brown etc etc

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th March 2007 at 17:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks