Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 15:58   #76
Team-BHP Support

So what did Bajaj have to say about that? Or did they wash their hands of it by saying the rider was doing stunts or something.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:03   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
So what did Bajaj have to say about that? Or did they wash their hands of it by saying the rider was doing stunts or something.
Till now he did not get any reply from Bajaj which is sad. Even I myself P220 owner, I do having habit of fast and furious riding, scaring seeing this. Though P220 dont have black styling shock absorbers.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:13   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Till now he did not get any reply from Bajaj which is sad. Even I myself P220 owner, I do having habit of fast and furious riding, scaring seeing this. Though P220 dont have black styling shock absorbers.
Pawan, at the last meet you told us about some problems which cropped up in your brand new P220 from the first lot. Could you please elaborate on what went wrong. It could help us a lot.

Thanks
Old 26th April 2007, 16:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Pawan, at the last meet you told us about some problems which cropped up in your brand new P220 from the first lot. Could you please elaborate on what went wrong. It could help us a lot.

Thanks
It was oil leakage problem. After first service, my bikes oil was leaking from oil coolent unit. According to them those oil cooling pips comes from the engine, should not be opened by service guys. And finally Bajaj replaced it with complete new unit.
Old 26th April 2007, 16:21   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It was oil leakage problem. After first service, my bikes oil was leaking from oil coolent unit. According to them those oil cooling pips comes from the engine, should not be opened by service guys. And finally Bajaj replaced it with complete new unit.
Are you saying that the pipes were opened by the guys at the service center? And that too, the probiking service center guys? Wouldnt they have been trained to look after these new generation of bikes?
Old 27th April 2007, 14:52   #81
Senior - BHPian

Buying into new launches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
You mean you have the classic 180, V1 is used of rthe first lot of DTSi's
You are right. Mine was the classic 180. Buying into any new vehicle (1st year within the launch) mostly developed in India or for India will not be a "problem-free" experience. But then buying it after a year or so from the launch takes away the novelty value.
Old 27th April 2007, 22:36   #82

Ahem, please don't think this to be a hard-sell, because it isn't. I had a Yamaha Enticer for close to 3 years. Of late, I started experiencing severe back aches - so much that it was hell trying to get off the bed each morning. As I ride to work (Bangalore roads being what it is), I decided to trade in my Enticer for a Honda Unicorn - the new version. I test drove all the bikes - TVS Apache, Bajaj Pulsar 180, Hero Honda CBZ Extreme. Finally the new Unicorn.

To tell you the truth, I fell in love with the Unicorn. The suspension was like butter. Gears silken. Pick-up crazy. Looks stunning. A lot of heads turn my way at the traffic lights - I'd like to believe it's me, but sadly I know it's the bike. I pushed her up all the way up to 105 at the Mysore-Hosur Road Expressway. She took the challenge. Make no mistake, Honda has a reputation to protect. And they do it well.

I love this bike. Check it out - maybe you too will fall in love.
Old 28th April 2007, 03:34   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolichnaya View Post
Ahem, please don't think this to be a hard-sell, because it isn't. I had a Yamaha Enticer for close to 3 years. Of late, I started experiencing severe back aches - so much that it was hell trying to get off the bed each morning. As I ride to work (Bangalore roads being what it is), I decided to trade in my Enticer for a Honda Unicorn - the new version. I test drove all the bikes - TVS Apache, Bajaj Pulsar 180, Hero Honda CBZ Extreme. Finally the new Unicorn.

To tell you the truth, I fell in love with the Unicorn. The suspension was like butter. Gears silken. Pick-up crazy. Looks stunning. A lot of heads turn my way at the traffic lights - I'd like to believe it's me, but sadly I know it's the bike. I pushed her up all the way up to 105 at the Mysore-Hosur Road Expressway. She took the challenge. Make no mistake, Honda has a reputation to protect. And they do it well.

I love this bike. Check it out - maybe you too will fall in love.
its the monoshock man, superior performance. I wish Honda would release a higher powered bike in india..it would sell like hotcakes.
Old 30th April 2007, 12:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Bad why did I replied on this thread. Anyways rode to Lavasa valley on saturday with a P220. So a detailed Comparo coming up for P220 Vs ZMA
planning to buy a P220
would like to read that..

Last edited by Hatari : 30th April 2007 at 12:47.
Old 30th April 2007, 12:51   #85
Senior - BHPian

a question to everyone who's faced problems with their bikes..
did u run the bike in ? (1000km atleast )

i did with my 1999 CBZ.. which i still ride
the engine, gearbox have been flawless all these years
i have been maintaining it really well

after doing 52,000 kms
2 weeks back..
i begain get a horrible rattling sound as soon as i would put it into 5th
turned out that a few teeth in the 5th gear cogs had chipped
the HH service guys are utterly useless.. as i had got it serviced asking them to look at it..
( they didnt even remember topping the battery water )
forget the solving the 5th gear issue

got a mechanic to do it finally..
its the 1st time i had to open the engine/gearbox up

Last edited by Hatari : 30th April 2007 at 13:00.
Old 30th April 2007, 12:52   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
planning to buy a P220
would like to read that..
In case you haven't seen it already, here it is:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...port-p220.html
Old 30th April 2007, 13:29   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Bad why did I replied on this thread. Anyways rode to Lavasa valley on saturday with a P220. So a detailed Comparo coming up for P220 Vs ZMA
Is this coming anytime soon? Would be very very interesting to see
Old 30th April 2007, 14:51   #88
Senior - BHPian

Please follow the link given by Moralfibre
Old 2nd May 2007, 06:22   #89
BANNED

Just want to add fuel to the fire....

I'm not here to say that my bike is better than yours and yours is better than mine...

I own a Pulsar 150 v2 which had cloaked about 23,000 KMS and I haven't spent thousands or replaced clutch plates@5K. The only major replacement was that of the chain sprocket set which made me poor by Rs.700. Also, I'm not a stunter and I don't have the habit of abusing my machines !!!

Let me do a small comparison of Pulsars b/w the bikes of Honda, HH & TVS

Build Quality : The Build Quality of Bajaj bikes has grown better & better for all these years and is almost of the same level(or better) than other cos. 10 years ago, I admit that it was pathetic when compared to the bikes of HH.

Long Term Reliability : I know of a P150 which had cloaked about 1.8 lakhs KMS so far and still going strong after an engine overhauling at 1.05 Lakh kilometers which costed about Rs.14,000. My cousin's Fiero F2 needed complete engine overhauling at 80,000 KMS and the cost incurred was Rs.22,000. The long term reliability of any vehcile depends on how it was maintained.

Engine : I admit that it hasn't got the refinement of Unicorn but it's not that bad and is getting better & better at every upgrade.

A.S.S : It's better than Honda/HH and they are more proactive, atleast@Cochin.

Ownership Costs : Everyone knows about the good FE figures of Pulsars & the spares cost of Pulsars when compared to HH/H. The spares cost are almost 1/4th of HH/H !!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Bajaj bashers, please have a peep on the approx. montly sales figures of the premium bikes from Hindu Businessline.

Pulsars : 40,000+

Apache : 4000+

Unicorn : 2500+

Achiever : ????

CBZ X-treme : NA

Also, remember that Bajaj is not TATA of the biking scene !!!
Old 2nd May 2007, 09:33   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Ownership Costs : Everyone knows about the good FE figures of Pulsars & the spares cost of Pulsars when compared to HH/H. The spares cost are almost 1/4th of HH/H !!!

Bajaj bashers, please have a peep on the approx. montly sales figures of the premium bikes from Hindu Businessline.

Pulsars : 40,000+

Also, remember that Bajaj is not TATA of the biking scene !!!
HH maintanence costly? Quote an example. I bet you grew up seeing and drooling HH bikes and HH Sleek, HH Puch and sort. And I bet you are happy with P150 cos you are happy with its m i l e a g e more than anything.

HH reliability and quality cant be beaten. I too own a Bajaj and I am fed up waiting for parts for my bike's parts.

And what happened to P200 and P220? Pulled off from market coz of quality issues.

and lastly, how can you put up that so called monthly sales figures?

maybe you need to modify it like

Pulsars (includes p150, p180,p200 etc): 40,000+

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks