Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2020, 16:12   #136

re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash22 View Post
Looks Fab.
======
This color combo looks rich!
I really like the retro look! Well Done Honda! Regarding the design, If I get this bike I will blacken the silver part (just above the silencer. Pardon my technical ignorance) where the pillion footrest is fixed. Anyone else feel the same?
Baiz72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 16:18   #137
BHPian

Great offering from Honda!

Was waiting for it to be revealed before going in for a Bullet (off course due to reliability issues in RE). Looks like this is the bike built for my liking best of all worlds, retro design, look and thump, ample low end torque, modern safety features like (dual channel ABS), tubeless tires, slipper clutch, good handlebar & foot pegs position, etc. (at least the specs, Honda brand name & the associated reliability shows it).

Would wait for the test rides being available before taking the decision to have it. Riding ergonomics, comfort and vibration levels are things which would be known by actually riding.

Power and torque figures are enough for my liking. For those wanting more, who knows, CB500X might be on the way .

Last edited by LongDrive lover : 30th September 2020 at 16:20.
LongDrive lover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 16:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post
From this spec sheet available on gaadiwaadi.com, Highness tips the scale at rather hefty 181 KGs. Tank capacity is 15 Liters, decent enough I think.
Finally, there is a high quality 350 CC product in the market from the trusted brand. Feature list ticks all the boxes and more for this segment. Great job Honda.
Assume it got right level of refinement too. Time for RE to improve the product quality. Just hope Honda won't jack up prices too soon.
lovetorque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:17   #139
BHPian

Now we know why Honda quietly discarded 'CB' moniker in last few years (the CB Shine, CB unicorn, CB Trigger, etc have their 'CB' tag removed) so that they can launch this CB350 and brag about 'CB' lineage!

Bike ticks most boxes to be a worthy contender in 2L price bracket. They could have included a silver color like that of RE Interceptor. The lower variant seems a better choice. It has solid colors without pinstripes and misses only on bluetooth. Waiting for magazine reviews and test rides to commence!
texmonster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:26   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityak7 View Post
I think this bike is launched through the Honda BigWing network which has like 23 showrooms across India. In my experience with the CB300R, even for service, we would have to visit the BigWing service centers and the normal Honda service centers wouldn't take in our bikes. That severely comprises the reach of the Honda network. Imagine having one showroom/service center for the entire state of Karnataka as compared to RE which has showrooms even in tier 2 towns and private FNGs at every nook and corner of the country.
Thanks for the clarification Aditya.

If true this is a mistake by Honda because it fails to take advantage of it's huge all India presence, albeit one can understand Honda's wide scooter/commuter two wheeler network was never designed to sell or service 'premium' two wheelers.

RE on the other hand is an aspirational product even in India's remotest villages which justifies it's sales & service network.
shortbread is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:47   #141
BHPian

Just now, I have convinced one of my friend to have a TD of this once available. He was hell bent on buying a classic 350.

But after seeing this brochure, he got interested.
Honda bagde itself was enough to pull him to the showroom for a test ride.

I'm sure, at 1.99L it's more vfm than classic 350.
Asish_VK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:09   #142
BHPian

Hail Honda Hail!

Whatever be the name, this is a masterstroke from Honda after a really long long time.

I think I have found my next bike finally, Currently running on an 8 year old CBF125 Stunner which was restored recently from top to bottom.

I was never interested to go for any brand other than Honda. That was actually the reason for me to spend some serious amount of time & money to restore my not so famous CBF125 and keep it. CB350 has finally ended the new bike search for me. Don't mind paying a premium over RE as I would be keeping my bike for years, probably I won't be selling it, just like my humble CBF125 Stunner.

OT, but this is how my 8 year old partner is, now, 'all new' :

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-picsart_093003.44.39.jpg

Last edited by kamilharis : 30th September 2020 at 18:33.
kamilharis is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:14   #143
BHPian

with traction control and other tech, it looks promising. if priced right, this will be a hit. Atleast as a hassle free retro bike. In the launch video, Mr. Yadvinder told about another launch in near future, is it CB650 ?

By the way I liked drums shivamani's BGM in the last part of the launch video and somehow the vocal reminded me of SPB.
cmani0000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 18:32   #144
BHPian

What a masterstroke from Honda!

I'm surprised as to how they kept the launch so secretive. Even the timing is right, just before the festive season.

The BigWing decision could have been because they might want to move slow and build a strong customer base in the premium segment. Not all mainstream Honda dealerships might be equipped to offer the experience that customers in this category expect. Maybe they'll see the initial response and expand this to the next set of dealers as they streamline production as well.
Old 30th September 2020, 18:33   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
Is there any Bigwing dealership in Delhi?

It seems the Bigwing site does not indicate the dealer locations.
I think there was a Bigwing Dealership near Peera garhi, but that is permanently closed now. The one which I know now is in Gurgaon at Iffco Chowk crossing.

You can check the bike details on the website www.hondabigwing.in which is the Bigwing website.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 19:04   #146
Senior - BHPian

So I did it guys! Knew the launch was today, and within seconds of announcement booked the bike at Honda BigWing, Bengaluru. So mine will be the first! The retro looks completely bowled me over and am excited about this one (provided, the test ride bike behaves).
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-screenshot-20200930-5.52.57-pm.png  

Sebring is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 19:29   #147
Senior - BHPian

And the bigwing page for CB350 goes live

https://www.hondabigwing.in/cb350

Not really a biking guy, but this product(along with Meteor 350) is bringing back that itch. This does look like a casual roadster with ample torque for those weekend joyrides. Never really bought anything without detailed test drive(ride) so confused at this moment.

Any more details as to service intervals will help as there are very few bigwing touchpoints and this has the potential to sell in thousands to overcrowd the service centers.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 30th September 2020 at 19:36.
rajshenoy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 19:48   #148
Senior - BHPian

Honda has set up an exclusive 'service center for big bikes' outside the city, (I was told this by the sales person). This is on Mysuru Road, next to the Bus Depot. They will probably offer pick-up and drop facility for the bikes in case you can't travel far. You wont face overcrowding as this is by appointment and they will have few bikes per day, (I'm also very particular about the experience they provide). And when I told them this, this matter was laid to rest with these facts. Road side assistance, from anywhere will cost a paltry Rs. 1500 (no limit to where you are stranded). The bike has 3 years warranty, with an additional 3 years (6 years!) available for just around Rs 2,500+ some change. Honda is getting its India act together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Any more details as to service intervals will help as there are very few bigwing touchpoints and this has the potential to sell in thousands to overcrowd the service centers.

Last edited by Sebring : 30th September 2020 at 19:49.
Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 20:04   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post

If true this is a mistake by Honda because it fails to take advantage of it's huge all India presence, albeit one can understand Honda's wide scooter/commuter two wheeler network was never designed to sell or service 'premium' two wheelers.

RE on the other hand is an aspirational product even in India's remotest villages which justifies it's sales & service network.
Apart from RE, every other maker is selling and servicing scooters and 100cc bikes. If we look at the sales figures of 200cc+ excluding RE, numbers are hardly convincing. Honda might have a winner who can change this equation but they have a long way to go to catch up with the RE which has service reach as that of their scooter range.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 20:05   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
So I did it guys! Knew the launch was today, and within seconds of announcement booked the bike at Honda BigWing, Bengaluru. ..
Congrats.

Any idea when the official pricing will be announced? Did the dealership give any date regarding commencement of test rides?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks