Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:45   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh (page 6)

You know, Bangalore service is outside the City on Mysuru Road. I'll have to go that far for service. But as long as the service is good, I don't mind. This isn't a Unicorn, after all
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
They do not have showroom even in Delhi. So if I purchase this from Gurugram, (some 30 kms away), am I supposed to go there for every service/spare parts requirement?
Old 2nd October 2020, 10:01   #242

I do not understand the logic of launching a "mass market" bike through the Big Wing network. They have so few dealers that it would be a pain for the majority of the buyers to get a test ride or see it personally.
You can always go in to the RE showroom next door to get a test drive of the classic 350. This is how i bought my Himalayan as well. I casually went to the showroom on a sunday afternoon with no intention of actually buying a bike, took a test drive and paid the deposit then and there.
Old 2nd October 2020, 10:39   #243
Senior - BHPian

All India bookings were at 80 bikes, yesterday. So it is really not a mass market. Economic situation, notwithstanding. I think this product will pick up momentum after pricing announcements and Test Rides (they should have started Test Rides already. Big mistake, Honda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet1991 View Post
I do not understand the logic of launching a "mass market" bike through the Big Wing network. They have so few dealers that it would be a pain for the majority of the buyers to get a test ride or see it personally.
You can always go in to the RE showroom next door to get a test drive of the classic 350. This is how i bought my Himalayan as well. I casually went to the showroom on a sunday afternoon with no intention of actually buying a bike, took a test drive and paid the deposit then and there.
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 11:40   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
If I buy this I'll remove the H'ness decal and stick a CB350 sticker on there. Not into cruisers but the CB400 and its Bol D'or cousin styling would have been ace here.

Availability being limited to Bigbike dealership network means Honda isn't targetting RE sales. They probably will be satisfied to match CB300R sales numbers of 100 a month.
IMHO the name, the 2-tone and the decal are really ugly. The single tones definitely look better. Also, RE designers have definitely done a better job with 2 tone on the Interceptor
Ferruccio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 12:18   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet1991 View Post
That is exactly the reason why they launched first in Bigwing network to assess the demand. If it sells well, you might see more dealerships selling the same and if it does not, well it is a bigwing product and suppose to sell less

Jokes apart, perhaps the initial numbers will be low until they fire up the production line in "activa" scale. To me the bigger concern is service network.

Must really admire RE for the ability to scale up so well when Jawa is struggling to cater to customer demand even after a year.
rajshenoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 13:47   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxworkz View Post
I just had to see the bike today! Here are a few pics from Honda Big Wing, Vittal Mallya Road, Bangalore.

"Splendour" reference is right. However, in person, the DLX Pro variant with the Stripes paint job (not a sticker) has a more 'Retro' vibe to it and looks better than the plain one IMHO:
Attachment 2061846

Deliveries by end of Oct. Test rides also around that time.

I'm excited!

I also checked out the bike yesterday and relate to every single word you've written. Liked the DLX Pro in Matt black colour though would have liked both the fenders too coloured Matt black instead of chrome finish. Was always thinking of buying the RE Classic, but driving a Toyota Crysta AT, am so badly spoilt for quality workmanship and good after sales service was terrified of the reviews on RE regarding quality and service issues given that the bike would have been just a weekend leisure drive for me, probably 15-20 kms a week. Liked this Honda and am pretty certain should be able to convince my family to let me buy a bike though I have not ridden one for more than 20 years now. I was looking for a 350 cc kinds retro bike with a bulletproof engine and Japanese reliability & service without being too loud like the Harleys, something understated that you could even take to the local market and yet not raise attention, something that left in a parking would not draw attention of people enough to fiddle with it. This one ticks all the boxes though would like to test drive one before buying.
bimbrahw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:22   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

CB500 with a twin in this classic avatar will be the real ticket. This is just an appetizer!
Red Liner is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:16   #248
BHPian

The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-20201002_134028.jpg
Got via whatsapp. This Blue/White color looks fabulous. Has anyone here seen this color variant in person?
texmonster is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 17:05   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
Attachment 2062169
Got via whatsapp. This Blue/White color looks fabulous. Has anyone here seen this color variant in person?
Looks great in the image, how I wish honda brings an all black version, it will look stunning IMHO

Last edited by RD150 : 2nd October 2020 at 17:11.
RD150 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 17:55   #250
Senior - BHPian

You mean the handlebar, fuel lid, suspension bits, rear-lights right? I'll be getting those 'blacked'. Have an image for reference
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Looks great in the image, how I wish honda brings an all black version, it will look stunning IMHO
Attached Thumbnails
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-img_5455.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 2nd October 2020 at 17:56.
Sebring is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 18:30   #251
BHPian

I think RD150 is talking about full black version- Blacked silencer, front and rear mudguards etc.
texmonster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 18:30   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
You mean the handlebar, fuel lid, suspension bits, rear-lights right? I'll be getting those 'blacked'. Have an image for reference
Add exhaust also to your list, RE does it for the classic 350, Stealth Black I guess.
RD150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 19:04   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

H'ness CB 350 is quite a Royal name, but we should know that Japan has an Emperor at the helm. The H'ness has classic and retro hues in its design that are also quite perceptible. Happy to say that some "Karizma" like (apologies to Karizma fans though) devil eyed (front headlight) design didn't emerge from Honda for their 350 cc offering. This is a timeless design that will stand the test of time for years, with some refresh jobs from time to time.

The bike has been launched in the 350 cc niche and faces competition from Classic Legends Jawa/ Perak range and the RE Bullet 350 cc variants. RE is firmly perched here and it would take some efforts by HMSCI to get a slice of this market. Brand Honda though is very acceptable and we will see a lot of upgrades by Honda owners. Brand Jawa/ Perak is almost a non-starter, but we can only hope Mahindra does its bit to revive the demand.

The front and rear discs come as a breather and the gizmos, we only hope these continue to work during the bike's lifetime. The double horn only for the DLX Pro variant is a dampener. It hardly costs around Rs 1 K to provide an additional horn. Hyundai too offers single horns for some of its base variants. Though the dual-tone colour, smartphone voice control system (music on the go, incoming call alert and more through an external device) for the DLX Pro are OK and every higher variant must have more goodies. Luckily, they are offering disc brakes on both wheels for the two variants.

The six colours offered include Precious red metallic, Pearl night star black, Matte Marshal Green metallic, Pearl night star black with spear silver metallic, Athletic blue metallic with virtuous white and Matte steel black metallic with matte massive grey metallic.

And coming to the Honda BigWing dealerships only in Gurgaon, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi and Bhilai, HMSCI needs to use it's Wings developed over the two decades here to spread these dealerships far and wide. Adequate dealerships well in advance and then the launch would have been more preferable.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 19:50   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2062169
I guess this video covers the blue in detail. Appears to be shot in same showroom.

Blue seem to be inspired by this
The Honda H'ness CB350, priced at Rs. 1.90 lakh-triumph-bonneville-sixty-se.jpg
P.C. Google search

Blue along with the glossy black seem to be my favourite
rajshenoy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 20:16   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2062169
I do love the blue shade, but not this dual mix. The Way they have mixed it doesn't really suit.
Being a fan of this shade of blue, if the PRO DX doesn't have a single tone blue shade, I would definitely be repainting that tank or atleast wrapping that white strip
unni246 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks