Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 11:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Dealer blames me for motorcycle damage after a test-ride. UPDATE: They are claiming insurance (pg 4)

Back in 2007 (Pre Classic 350 era), RE was so desperate that they were giving out 24 HOUR Test Rides / Experiences.

Someone needs to remind these dealers of those times.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th December 2020 at 16:46. Reason: Grammar.
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 08:55   #32
BHPian

re: Dealer blames me for motorcycle damage after a test-ride. UPDATE: They are claiming insurance (pg 4)

I had written an email to RE support in this regard and they reverted acknowledging my concern. They mentioned in their response that they have escalated my concerns to the specific team incharge and will ensure quick addressal of my experience with the test ride at the dealership.

Also, I haven't heard back after the last communication with the dealership manager stating they will claim insurance.

Please do let me know of any suggestions on what I may expect next or any advise to help me further and be prepared.
yikes6633 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 09:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
I had written an email to RE support in this regard and they reverted acknowledging my concern. They mentioned in their response that they have escalated my concerns to the specific team incharge and will ensure quick addressal of my experience with the test ride at the dealership.

Also, I haven't heard back after the last communication with the dealership manager stating they will claim insurance.

Please do let me know of any suggestions on what I may expect next or any advise to help me further and be prepared.
I'll say relax and enjoy the holidays. As long as you are sure you didn't drop the bike, onus is on them to conclusively prove that you have indeed damaged the tank .
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 09:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Back in 2007 (Pre Classic 350 era), RE was so desperate that they were giving out 24 HOUR Test Rides / Experiences.

Someone needs to remind these dealers of those times.
Hi
Those times are gone bro. When I visited direct outlet in Chennai and questioned a sales person how will a customer book if the delivery is going to take minimum 4 months and his response, we have 20 thousand booking already and it won't make a difference. The next sales person took over and smoothened things out immediately and even confirmed booking online the bike will be delivered within 2months maximum.

Quote:

Hi
From what I have heard there are quite a lot of issues between dealers and the RE. RE may or may not act which we have to wait and see. But mate, chill and relax this will come to pass. Don't let this stop you from trying out in another dealer or spoiling your purchase experience.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th December 2020 at 16:48. Reason: Merged back to back posts, quoted post edited.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 09:49   #35
BHPian

I really don't understand, how the liability comes to the OP?

I believe the TD vehicle should be insured to cover all these types of mishaps or accidents, if at all it happens.

Unless explicitly said in the document OP has signed before TD, he has no liability.

I say the OP should ignore the call from dealer and write an email to customer care of Royal Enfield.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 09:55   #36
BHPian

As others have rightly pointed out, ask for the CCTV footage where it clearly shows you being responsible for the damage. While doing so, subtly point out this is the age of internet and social media, and how common citizens don't take lightly to false accusations.
IMO that should put a stop to all this nonsense.
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 10:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Don't let this stop you from trying out in another dealer or spoiling your purchase experience.
True! I've been so disappointed with this experience that I have deffered purchasing a bike or test riding another for the next few months.

I was exploring the Honda CB 350 versus the Meteor. Without a proper test ride of the two in contention I will not be able to conclude a decision.

As for test riding a bike, at the dealership, well I shall wait until I feel comfortable & confident again.
yikes6633 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 11:24   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
True! I've been so disappointed with this experience that I have deffered purchasing a bike or test riding another for the next few months.
This is the worst decision you can take.

Go and ride a couple of bikes. Buy one. Get some nice riding gear.
Within a few minutes of riding your new bike, you will come back here and thank all of us for having told you to not let some stupid dealer stop you from having the best time of your life.
bblost is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 11:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:

As for test riding a bike, at the dealership, well I shall wait until I feel comfortable & confident again.
Hi,
This is exactly what you should not do. Don't let such idiots spoil your experience or deter you. We have enough fools around us. Not all of our experiences are good but we learn from each of them. Will a fall while riding deter you from riding a bike again, I don't think so. You will learn what went wrong and you will climb on the steed again. Give it a couple of days and go to another dealership and do the test ride. Looking forward to see your post in " I booked the bike/scooter thread." Cheers mate.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 11:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was exploring the Honda CB 350 versus the Meteor. Without a proper test ride of the two in contention I will not be able to conclude a decision.

Come on don't let a dealer dissuade you from enjoying good things in life. Get on a friend's bike, and put the experience behind you.

As for the dealership, just be firm. If they want to press claim against you, demand evidence. Don't fall for the tactics of 'we will claim insurance and come back to you' talk.

Just dont entertain any claims or calls unless they have irrefutable proof that you damaged the bike.
vibbs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 13:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Written an email to "support@royalenfield.com"

I am quite stressed about this whole thing.
Pl do not get stressed out for this, I’m glad you shared it here on this forum, there are many experienced people here to help.

I’ve posted on Royal Enfield Twitter handle and, in post I’ve mentioned this thread.
GTsunny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 14:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ask them to show a video that you damaged it, send it over email and then there would be a possibility of you coming there.

This can't be like an extortion call, plain and simple.

And Baba, why are you taking all this so seriously and to your heart, its absolutely NOTHING at all. You are not liable to pay them even a gram of oxygen when he calls, forget actual money.

Chuck RE, look for some other amazing bikes to buy and test drive away to glory, life cannot stop for all this.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 14:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Come on sir! I can understand not wanting to purchase a new RE due to this experience but to delay purchasing a new bike altogether due to some idiots is simply not going to be positive experience in your life. When you go to ride any bike a few months later you might still have this experience at the back of your mind.

Just go ahead and test ride potential bikes at your pace and be sure to let RE know if you didn't get the Meteor on social media.

P.S. You will need to start posting about this experience on social media (atleast if they call you again). Also, mention that RE Customer care is of no help till now. It's not for REs CC team benefit but rather to let existing/potential customers know how RE might treat them.

Accusing customers without proof is simply not done.
JithinR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 14:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, in my opinion, this dealer is being bashed more than required.

Yes, dealer is wrong if he is asking the expenses for damage to fully recover from the OP. But, he has already communicated to OP that he will claim insurance and get it repaired.

And he has told he would get back to OP if in case of any further information required.

Just think, should OP or anyone worry so much for this?

In my opinion, I read those lines and derive simple meaning that if in case insurance asks for any clarification, he may come back to OP

I really don't think the OP or any one should worry so much on this.

Last edited by gkveda : 25th December 2020 at 14:48.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 19:39   #45
BHPian

The inputs and advise received from all senior and experienced BHPians is much appreciated. I haven't received any further calls from the dealership. The manager did mention that he understands the circumstances and will claim insurance in his last call a couple of days ago.

Today I visited the Honda Big wing showroom on Lavelle road and test rode the Honda Highness CB 350.

The staff was courteous. Before the test ride I was explained all features, operational switches and selection of gears. The sales representative also requested me to sit on the bike first and to familiarise myself with its seat height, hand controls and feel for comfort.

After this he accompanied me outside and requested one of the assistants to bring the bike out and parked it on the road. He then sat pillion and assisted me through the test ride.

On completing the test ride the assistant took the bike and parked it to ensure that I could carry on with the discussion regarding booking and payment options with the sales representative.

This experience made me feel so much better.

I will surely revert soon with the good news of buying and enjoying my new bike
yikes6633 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks