Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2021, 09:32   #151
BHPian

re: Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Why there is a middle hump? If it's not flat, I think a major portion of the buyers is instantly gone as utility is a big factor for those who buy scooters. If I need to carry a box or even gas cylinder (It India in btw) the scooter with a middle bump is a no-go

Attachment 2182720
Now gas cylinder is being delivered in less than 24 hours so hardly people carry gas cylinder on scooter. However hump is a concern and I face this as issue in my Vespa Sport. Carrying groceries is not pleasant experience, the big cloth bag keep dangling and one of your feet is busy to keep it stable.
Old 23rd July 2021, 10:19   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Why there is a middle hump? If it's not flat,
—-
the scooter with a middle bump is a no go
It’s a monocoque chassis and to keep the scooter together you need that hump.
Old 23rd July 2021, 10:48   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ola Electric Scooter colours revealed.

The song in the video has two extra colours Green and Purple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Navy Blue & Silver are not in the song, but showcased on the scooter...only time will tell!!
The song is an old one actually - Colors by Stella Jang. So not necessary that Ola will use the same shades in the song. This is just used for marketing purpose.
whencut86 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:38   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
The song is an old one actually - Colors by Stella Jang. So not necessary that Ola will use the same shades in the song. This is just used for marketing purpose.
Exactly; I realized that later when the Editing window of time was over
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:24   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
It’s a monocoque chassis and to keep the scooter together you need that hump.
The hump is due to the way the battery pack is/was designed by Etergo. If you see the videos from Etergo you will notice how the removable battery pack is shaped like a banana and goes deep through that footboard.
rascalangel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 19:01   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
Sadly, doesn't look like it has detachable batteries. That would've been the biggest selling point but wasn't included in the teaser. Also, it has a charging port at the rear which Etergo didn't have. They are already working on nation-wide charging infrastructure so I don't think detachable batteries will be on offer.
Screenshot 20210723 at 184046 Dieser ERoller fasziniert mich Ola Scooter Etergo AppScooter im Erste

Screenshot 20210723 at 184005 Dieser ERoller fasziniert mich Ola Scooter Etergo AppScooter im Erste

In the youtube video here from Oct 2019, it looks like each battery is detachable, these batteries are produced like an arc with the capacity of three batteries slots, and all of them slide inside the footrest hump (edit: sry middle part of footrest is hump while two other sit at bit bottom) (as can be seen). Good engineering to keep heavy battery weight at the bottom.

In this video the presenter says each battery can last 80 km, so with 80x3=240kms of range, this is a great EV scooter.

Leaving other EV manufacturers to sense the worry that is coming their way, that of course, if OLA delivers the same featured product as in the video above.

Last edited by saargoga : 23rd July 2021 at 19:03. Reason: minor correction
saargoga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 22:20   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saargoga View Post
Attachment 2182944

Attachment 2182945

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=JdOlRm__g8w

In the Youtube video here from Oct 2019, it looks like each battery is detachable, these batteries are produced like an arc with the capacity of three batteries slots, and all of them slide inside the footrest hump (edit: sry middle part of footrest is hump while two other sit at bit bottom) (as can be seen). Good engineering to keep heavy battery weight at the bottom.

In this video the presenter says each battery can last 80 km, so with 80x3=240kms of range, this is a great EV scooter.

Leaving other EV manufacturers to sense the worry that is coming their way, that of course, if OLA delivers the same featured product as in the video above.
I know that Etergo had detachable batteries. I just listed the reasons why I believe that Ola won't come with that feature.
Old 24th July 2021, 15:18   #158
Senior - BHPian

What could be the top speed for Ola Electric Scooter

Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-smartselect_20210724151740_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th July 2021 at 15:20.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 01:18   #159
Senior - BHPian

As much as one is excited about the OLA Electric venture, Bhavish's tweets are about as annoying as that of XUV700's marketing team. Just launch the damn thing or do a thorough press release for the product's actual specification.

I know and understand that companies nowadays love free marketing via social media, but this sort of long drawn product teasing simply winds up prospective buyers.

Tomorrow's tweet:
@bhesh.
'The Revolution is coming. How many wheels will you like on your OLA scooter?
1. Half a wheel
2. One wheel
3. Two wheels

#JoinTheRevolution
'
shortbread is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 15:32   #160
BHPian

Batteries will be fixed, not detachable.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola's made-in-India Electric scooter, now launched at Rs. 99,999-img_20210725_153041.jpg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 00:38   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for confirming Udai.

This is a big loss, removable batteries make EVs accessible to a massive portion of Indian consumers who will not have a charging point near to where they park.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:59   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalangel View Post
The hump is due to the way the battery pack is/was designed by Etergo. If you see the videos from Etergo you will notice how the removable battery pack is shaped like a banana and goes deep through that footboard.
This hump resembles the hump in a Chetak or a Vespa scooter. They were all monocoque designs and doesn't contain a tubular frame to stitch the body as like the current gen Activa/Access/Jupiter. Just that, Etergo cleverly used that space of keeping the battery and to generate that huge storage space.

Last edited by saisree : 26th July 2021 at 14:01.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 15:34   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Thank you for confirming Udai.

This is a big loss, removable batteries make EVs accessible to a massive portion of Indian consumers who will not have a charging point near to where they park.
This is exactly why I bought an Activa 125 instead of an Ather. Currently am living in a rented accomodation where it would totally be difficult to request for setting up a charging point or station. I wish Ather or Ola comes with a removable battery pack.
Old 26th July 2021, 15:41   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
This is exactly why I bought an Activa 125 instead of an Ather. Currently am living in a rented accomodation where it would totally be difficult to request for setting up a charging point or station. I wish Ather or Ola comes with a removable battery pack.
Irony, we're looking for a replacement of my dad's current Activa 125. The 125 has been a brilliant ride but it's beginning to show its

I think upcoming/future Honda and Hero (the big bike maker, not the chinese kit assembler) electric two-wheelers will have swappable batteries.
shortbread is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 19:49   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OMG - This is a bummer
I booked Ola electric scooter, primarily because of removable battery as shown in Etergo and also very good range and good boot space.
If they make it as fixed batteries, i will cancel the booking.

Didn't expect this news. Very disappointing!
Hope Ola makes a removable battery like in Etergo when they reveal the actual specs, just to surprise. Fingers crossed!

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 26th July 2021 at 19:53.
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks